test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kessell's Retreat Key - broken ?

I remember reading somewhere that the Kessell's Retreat key is broken and will not open the second chest.
It seems to only accept a Legendary Dragon Key to open.

has this always been the case? (if so, how long has it been broken?)

Are there any plans to fix this?

Answers

• shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    stoniar said:

I remember reading somewhere that the Kessell's Retreat key is broken and will not open the second chest.
    It seems to only accept a Legendary Dragon Key to open.

has this always been the case? (if so, how long has it been broken?)

Are there any plans to fix this?

it has been that way on ps4 since release of mod 16
  • joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    It has been that way since Icewind Dale came out on PC, no fix as of yet and honestly at this rate? Probably never will be one
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User

It has been that way since Icewind Dale came out on PC, no fix as of yet and honestly at this rate? Probably never will be one

The key used to work on PC. It stopped sometime around the M16 drop. Just another thing that hasn't been fixed.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    Pretty sure it's one of those "on purpose" doesn't get fixed because many people will use LDKs which of course takes Zen.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • venger#3247 venger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    will not let me use kessel key on second chest. as of 11/11/19 still broken
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Obviously. Hasn't been in the patch notes that it was fixed yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cptsternn#2510 cptsternn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It worked on Xbox up unil mod 16. It's currently broken.
  • texashayseed#4288 texashayseed Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Still broken on PC .... sigh.
    Maybe we should all take a stance & never purchase Zen again until they get this type BS fixed.
    SFMF!!

Still broken on PC .... sigh.
    Maybe we should all take a stance & never purchase Zen again until they get this type BS fixed.

It's been so long on this issue and few others, I am actually afraid they don't know how to any more. :(
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    im not a 100 percent sure but isnt it the same with Demogorgon... Tuern and Lostmauth? I believe they all require a legendary dragon key since mod 16...no real reasons to do the missions and get currencies since it is all for none...im sitting with about 15 Kessel keys....even more lesser demonic...obviously it is to generate zen purchases...just wish i could at least use the keys i've worked for...then they could could have just make it impossible to produce new keys!

im not a 100 percent sure but isnt it the same with Demogorgon... Tuern and Lostmauth? I believe they all require a legendary dragon key since mod 16...no real reasons to do the missions and get currencies since it is all for none...im sitting with about 15 Kessel keys....even more lesser demonic...obviously it is to generate zen purchases...just wish i could at least use the keys i've worked for...then they could could have just make it impossible to produce new keys!

I wish they would just admit it and stop lying to us.
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    omg HALLELUJAH!!!

General

Kessell's Retreat Key is once again properly prioritized over Legendary Dragon Keys when opening the final chest of Kessell's Retreat.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Calm down, this is just changing of priority. That does not necessary mean you can open the chest. Not at all.
    ugh really?
    edited February 2020
    I did a test run of the kessell's retreat skirmish today, and yes - Kessell's Retreat Key does indeed now take priority over the Legendary Dragon Key and CAN be used to open the second chest on the left! finally - YAY!