test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.24

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Edit 2019-10-07: Added / updated the following entries. They were in the patch; I'd just missed them on the notes.
  • Vorpal Enchantment: This weapon enchantment has been reduced in efficacy so that the buff to critical severity doesn't make it more powerful than intended.
  • Manycoins Bank Heist: This skirmish should now properly unlock for other characters on the account, once it's unlocked on a single character.

Highlights

Stat Balance Changes
Crit Severity and Combat Advantage now each multiply all damage dealt, instead of adding their values to each other and other certain damage buffs.
  • Before, a player with 100% Crit Severity and 100% Combat Advantage (100k more than the enemy's Awareness) would deal 3x as much damage when they critically strike with combat advantage active.
  • Now, that same player would deal 4x as much damage: Double from their 100% Crit Severity, and double that from their Combat Advantage.
  • Known issue: This fix is not yet working 100% correctly in this build; players still deal less damage than they should.
Powers and buffs that increase damage dealt, otherwise, are now consistently additive with each other.
  • For instance, if a player has a 10% damage buff and a 5% damage buff, they should expect to deal 15% more damage (before factoring in critical strike, combat advantage, or the enemy's damage reduction effects).
Powers and buffs that decrease damage dealt are now consistently multiplicative with each other.
  • For instance, a player who has two separate 50% damage reduction effects should consistently take only 25% of base damage.
To balance this out a little, enemies from level 60 to 80 have had their hit points adjusted upward.

Queue Changes
The queues have been recategorized to provide a more consistent experience and expectations to players who enter them. The updated categories are now:
  • Dungeon: Requires level 12 or above.
  • Skirmish: Requires Item Level 14k or above.
  • Epic Dungeon: Requires Item Level 17k or above.
  • Trial: Requires Item Level 16k or above.
In addition, the Astral Diamonds gained from the first run and from repeat runs have been rebalanced, so that more difficult content should be a more efficient route for gaining Astral Diamonds.

The role requirements for Skirmishes have been removed; players can queue with any number of tanks, damage dealers, or healers.

See more info below for additional changes made to the individual queued maps.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Dungeons
  • Malabog's Castle
    • Respawn points are now properly distributed more evenly through the map.
    • There are now about 20% fewer enemy encounters in this dungeon, and the dungeon overall has been made easier.
  • Temple of the Spider
    • In accordance with the adjustments to random queues, Temple of the Spider has undergone minor adjustments to make its runtime closer to other dungeons at the same item level entry requirement.
    • Two new doors have been added to the dungeon.
    • All doors now require the party be out of combat, and that nearby enemies have been defeated before advancing.
    • Team corrals have been added to the first and second boss fight.
  • The first and second bosses in Temple of the Spider (Master), Cragmire Crypts (Master), and Gray Wolf Den (Master) have had their health increased to be closer to that of other bosses.
  • Gray Wolf Den
    • The damage of certain attacks used by Ethraniev Marrowslake has been adjusted.
    • The number of additional enemies that appear when fighting Ethraniev Marrowslake has been reduced, and their positions have been adjusted.
  • Spellplague Caverns (Master)
    • A handful of enemy encounters have been removed from the dungeon.
    • The position of some encounters has been adjusted.
    • When falling off the platform during the fight against the Giant Nothic Stone-Eye, players are now returned to the platform in a downed state.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods
    • A handful of enemy encounters have been removed from the dungeon.
    • When falling off the platform during the fight against Ras Nsi, players are now returned to the platform in a downed state.
Skirmishes
  • In accordance with our random queue adjustments, the following queues have been recategorized to skirmishes:
    • Kessell's Retreat
    • Shores of Tuern
  • Skirmishes once again can be run by any group of 5 players, instead of requiring a tank and healer.
  • To better fall in line with other skirmish lengths, a few encounters have been added to the following skirmishes:
    • Dread Legion
    • Garrundar the Vile
    • Master of the Hunt
    • Shores of Tuern
  • Manycoins Bank Heist: This skirmish should now properly unlock for other characters on the account.
  • Prophecy of Madness: The duration of this skirmish has been reduced by about 20%, and it is now about 25% easier to reach Gold rank.
Trials
  • Demogorgon
    • Demogorgon's maximum hit points have been increased.
    • The damage dealt by Tentacle Strike, Forked Tail, and Tentacle Blast has been increased.
    • Tentacle Strike no longer applies stacks of Madness.
    • Paranoid Delusions now apply Madness less often.
    • Demogorgon's Maddening Aura effect now applies every 15 seconds, up from 4. The damage has been increased and the power is now accompanied by a visual effect.
    • The damage indicators for Forked Tail and Tentacle Blast now consistently fade once their powers finish casting.
General
  • Convention Infiltration: There should no longer be a way to become unable to complete this quest.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Rogue
    • To match other standard AoE powers, Whirlwind of Blades now properly hits up to 15 targets, up from 5. The tooltip now indicates that the damage increase granted by hitting enemies with Whirlwind of Blades cannot exceed the amount granted by hitting 5 targets.
  • Warlock
    • Accursed Souls: The magnitude has increased to 900.
    • Brood of Hadar: The tooltip has changed to reflect damage done to primary target. The magnitude has increased to 600 to the main target, and 150 per brood attack.
    • Tyrannical Curse: The magnitude has increased to 900.
  • Warlock (Hellbringer)
    • Dark Prayers now summons a soul puppet when an enemy cursed by the warlock dies.
    • Soul Investiture is now a 10% damage increase for the Soul Puppet per stack.
    • Risky Investment now grants a 4% bonus to damage for each stack of Soul Investiture.
    • Killing Flames and Dreadtheft have been moved into the Hellbringer paragon encounter selection.
    • Arms of Hadar and Blades of Vanquished Armies have moved into the Warlock general encounters.
    • Hellfire Expertise no longer increases Fire and Necrotic Damage.
    • Soul Sparks now increase Hellbringer damage by 0.2% per spark.
    • Arms of Hadar: The magnitude has increased to 50.
    • Vampiric Embrace: The magnitude has increased to 240.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: The magnitude has increased to 20 per blade.
    • Hadar's Grasp: The magnitude has increased to 200.
    • Fiery Bolt: The magnitude has increased to 175.
    • Killing Flame: The magnitude has increased to 480.
    • Hellfire Ring: The magnitude has increased to 100, DoT increased to 200.
    • Soul Scorch: The magnitude has increased to 9 per spark used, and the DoT has increased to 1.5 magnitude per spark.
    • Gates of Hell: The magnitude has increased to 750.
    • Flames of Phlegethos: The magnitude has increased to 1000.
  • Warlock (Soulweaver)
    • Lifebind has been reduced to taking 10% of damage dealt to allies. This has switched from an increase in Defense to an increase in Damage Reduction.
    • Feat Transfusion Tactics has changed to Mending Mastery, and increases outgoing healing by 5%.
    • Prince of Hell now gives 5000 Armor Penetration.
    • Dark Revelry now increases teammates' Awareness and Critical Avoidance by 5000.
    • Soul Sparks should no longer deplete when in a downed state.
    • Wraith's Shadow: The healing magnitude has increased to 100.
Enchantments and Enhancements
  • Vorpal Enchantment: This weapon enchantment has been reduced in efficacy so that the buff to critical severity doesn't make it more powerful than intended.

Items
Zen Market
  • A version of the PvP Starter Pack is now properly available when the character is maxed out on loadout slots.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• drdark21#0636 drdark21 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    @terramak what is the purpose of these dungeon adjustments? Were all dungeons gone thru? And this is what you came up with? Did u get thru half? 75%? Is there a little more back story?

You’re probably wondering what im getting at....well i love seeing that demogorgon got some hps hopefully a bunch so he will stay alive longer than 10 sec - but what about drufi? Nostura? Dont even get me going on the dragon turtle? Should i even ask about ravenloft? Will that ever be queueable again? Cradle? I really hope you go thru fangbreaker, that used to be one of the most challenging dungeons i could tell you everything wrong but most of the stuff here falls on deaf ears - you are raising dmg from what was outlined in your examples and then simplifying dungeons just seems like a bad combo for some of these dungeons, yes we want to get through them reasonably but it’s equally not gratifying taking down a boss as fast a few packs of mobs - i dunno i just know what msp and fang used to be and now packs of mobs are getting cut out - the funnest part was aggroing huge packs and seeing if you could not die it was like a test if you were good or not - these bosses are dying so fast the mechanics don’t matter I thought that was the point of this mod 16 changes - to me the hard dungeons became super easy and the super easy became hard - any insight on this would be great
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    but nothing for the death baby? the ras nsi platform is nothing compared to the impossibility of codg with people that are newer to the game.
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User

but nothing for the death baby? the ras nsi platform is nothing compared to the impossibility of codg with people that are newer to the game.

If ppl are new to the game maybe ppl that aren't explain mechanisms to them and are patient?
    Halvulv the Barbie
    Thanks, I how I have been waiting for a patch like this!!!!
    Halvulv the Barbie
    edited October 2019
    siggstar said:

If ppl are new to the game maybe ppl that aren't explain mechanisms to them and are patient?
    people aren't willing to take the days required to train people to stay on the platform. I don't think any of the newer players are willing to take the days to train necessary either considering it's a very old trial now. explaining won't keep them on the platform. lol
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > people aren't willing to take the days required to train people to stay on the platform. I don't think any of the newer players are willing to take the days to train necessary either considering it's a very old trial now. explaining won't keep them on the platform. lol

Then those ppl shouldnt run codg.
    tom#6998 said:

> @thefiresidecat said:

> (Quote)

> people aren't willing to take the days required to train people to stay on the platform. I don't think any of the newer players are willing to take the days to train necessary either considering it's a very old trial now. explaining won't keep them on the platform. lol

Patience is a virtue!
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Nothing done about wizard weapon enchants that have been bugged for 6 months now. Sigh

So if you get say dread legion You get less rough ad that day. that does not seem right. It sounds like an AD nerf
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Hahahah rogues needed more buffs? wow ok ;) gl with that balancing then
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    terramak said:

Skirmishes

Manycoins Bank Heist: This skirmish should now properly

This skirmish should now properly what? Be less painful and actually able to be completed with a random group? My healer was #1 dps last time I tried this one which was definitely not a good sign...

Overall I kind of like the changes and REALLY excited you can go back to any 5 for Skirmishes. Requiring the 3-1-1 was a bit much.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

Stat Balance Changes
    Crit Severity and Combat Advantage now each multiply all damage dealt, instead of adding their values to each other and other certain damage buffs.

• Before, a player with 100% Crit Severity and 100% Combat Advantage (100k more than the enemy's Awareness) would deal 3x as much damage when they critically strike with combat advantage active.
    This seems to be a new way of calculating combat advantage. Before, if I'm not mistaken, it was rather binary; either you had combat advantage or you didn't. If you had CA, then you got the whole damage buff. Now it seems like you first have to overcome the enemy's awareness, and then any CA value over that is calculated as a percentage bonus damage. Is this correct, or am I missing something?
    edited October 2019
    tom#6998 said:

> @thefiresidecat said:

> (Quote)

that means nearly no codgs are being completed. there aren't enough older players playing. I think something does need to be done to make it a finishable thing. ras nsi was far less of an issue than codg and they put in a failsafe for that platform.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance
    • Rogue
      • To match other standard AoE powers, Whirlwind of Blades now properly hits up to 15 targets, up from 5. The tooltip now indicates that the damage increase granted by hitting enemies with Whirlwind of Blades cannot exceed the amount granted by hitting 5 targets.

• Warlock
    • Hellfire Expertise no longer increases Fire and Necrotic Damage.

sometimes i sit here and wonder...

• alextric#0945 alextric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Balance? Where are you? What do you do with this game? No love here for Fighters and Warlocks?
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    terramak said:

When falling off the platform during the fight against the Giant Nothic Stone-Eye, players are now returned to the platform in a downed state.
    When falling off the platform during the fight against Ras Nsi, players are now returned to the platform in a downed state.
    Great!
    Now do the same thing for Cradle.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Why bother with CODG anyways, the soul ampoules are useless on Alabaster or newer set weapons, if they were usable, I could see a renewed interest. Although I've personally done it dozens of times and never survived push/pull till the end with my SW, because my stamina is less than a two year old's, and the pull carries me over when it runs out.
    Also, Folly spawns twice the mobs I feel would be challenging, hundreds of adds is just overkill.
    Sw Hellfire expertise nerf, really? I've got over 50 Tower of the Mad Mage keys, my 25K+ Hellbringer has yet to receive an invite to a run.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    It just takes away the challenge of the boss fight, not being able to fall off. Although at this point I rarely get a group in random queue who can stay on. I'm just left there to solo the boss.

It just takes away the challenge of the boss fight, not being able to fall off. Although at this point I rarely get a group in random queue who can stay on. I'm just left there to solo the boss.

from what I've seen the groups that fall off find plenty of challenge in the boss fights and those of us who have no problem staying on are not challenged by the pp. it doesn't add anything to the experience imo.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    why would class balancing be happening outside of a module when a new module should be hitting preview any day now if we are to meet our 3 mods per year standard (if you count 17 as a full mod).

Also how funny is it that we are going back to Skirmish, Trial, Dungeon, Epic Dungeon where we were back in 2017 :p
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234049/official-feedback-thread-random-queues/p1
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    terramak said:

Manycoins Bank Heist: This skirmish should now properly
    ... stop making bad jokes?
    ... get you drowned by jim's wand?
    ...explode when ending destroying all protector's enclave?
    C'mon don't leave us with the intrigue
    terramak said:

Arms of Hadar: The magnitude has increased to 50.
    I mean, if you guys when you wrote that number didn't laugh as much as i did when i read it, you clealrly have no soul
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Why bother with CODG anyways, the soul ampoules are useless on Alabaster or newer set weapons, if they were usable, I could see a renewed interest. Although I've personally done it dozens of times and never survived push/pull till the end with my SW, because my stamina is less than a two year old's, and the pull carries me over when it runs out.
    Also, Folly spawns twice the mobs I feel would be challenging, hundreds of adds is just overkill.
    Sw Hellfire expertise nerf, really? I've got over 50 Tower of the Mad Mage keys, my 25K+ Hellbringer has yet to receive an invite to a run.

I have been in Successful sub 20 minute ToMM with warlock dps. First item level is a gate to get in, but stats and right gear make a difference. Second they just don't compare in dps. The group I clear with uses a warlock healer as our main heal and she is quite amazing, inspiring me to make my lock back into a heal. I am sorry you don't get iinvited to ToMM. I would lastly suggest you start forming your own training runs if your having a hard time getting invited. Best of luck and some of these dungeon changes will surely help newer players or those in smaller guilds/alliances, it's a good thing.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Please raise up Trapper HR 'Hunter path' Dmg...
    Pleeeeease =D
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2019

people aren't willing to take the days required to train people to stay on the platform. I don't think any of the newer players are willing to take the days to train necessary either considering it's a very old trial now. explaining won't keep them on the platform. lol

Those people should play something else...

Rewards from Codg(enhanting stone, rank 6) is already has low price which shows lots of people was able to learn that single jump...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

Balance? Where are you? What do you do with this game? No love here for Fighters and Warlocks?

Have you read the post before you write?

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Players returned to platform if knocked off?! This is dumbfounding to me. The addition of companions being returned to platform if knocked off was previously implemented and was dumbfounding. However, this was preceded before my time by the dumbfounding switch to companions being able to revive themselves from a downed stated. Perhaps you'll make it so players can revive themselves without scrolls also if keeping with this trend of implementing dumbed down mechanics? Or add more invisible walls maybe so that players cannot be knocked off out of bounds like most content already is? :expressionless:
    But to add to this tangent, how about adding invisible walls to the Sahha picket so that balls cannot be knocked out of bounds XD
  • mrnada#2144 mrnada Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think you should listen to the players more, because it seems like you don't play the game like us, And honestly the RLQ and RIQ queues don't need a tank or a cure, especially the RLQ I've been playing a paladin tank / healer for the event and 98% of the time the tank / healer work is not necessary, the dps simply kill everything and that's it, and I understand them, they just want to get it over and get their diamond out in front of you, killing everything in 1 hit so that the tank work, I even gave up on the tank work, is not necessary most of the time; / the game is so boring, people have to BEG, to form groups for queues, and for events like CTA, why they can't get in the queues because it's taking too long, you're losing players, some friends of mine just gave up on game because of that and they were enjoying the game and would even put MONEY on it ... but then ... leave those requirements only for more advanced queues and you're done
  • claudiodnclaudiodn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Have any chance to move Duelist's Flurry and Wicked Reminder skills to Whisperknife's Paragon or move Shadow of Demise to Assassin's paragon? >.<
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I'd like to note that Whisperknife is not supposed to have either of those as it is a "ranged" paragon. Assassin should not get Shadow of Demise either. My DPS on preview was around 230k as Assassin, 190k as Whisperknife, with equipment built under Assassin.

If I had ranged equipment, it would go up around 5%, so to around 200k DPS. It's still lacking to Assassin, but moving at-wills designed for a pure melee paragon that are practically making Assassin viable to Whisperknife is just not a good idea at all. Players geared up for Assassin.

If some powers could be tweaked, then Whisperknife might actually start being useful on the level of Assassin. In AoE WK is good enough, possibly even better than Assassin, but as for single target it's lacking on it's last at-will - Disheartening Strike. The damage is laughable and I do suspect that DoT is not as high as it was supposed to be. Cast time for it is terrible and -5k defense is only usable in PvP. Pretty low for a single target at-will, Cloud of Steel beats it in every aspect and it hides before Duellist's Flurry in DoT. If the magnitude could be higher - 100 for hit and actually 50 for DoT - that could make it outperform Gloaming Cut and bring the paragon in line with Assassin.
This discussion has been closed.