test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: Throne of Idris Feedback

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread for feedback on Throne of Idris. The more detailed your information, the more accurately we can assess any additional necessary adjustments needed.

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Yes this is actually quite insulting. The Dread Vault tales of old was a immense failure, there are several threads and hundred posts of feedback about it, yet there's still ZERO answer from the team, be it COMA or devs or whatever. Nothing at all.
    What make you think we're gonna test the new tales of old on preview, when I'm sure at 99.5% that nothing has changed and we'll see the exact same problems than on the last one?

Want feedback? Go read there: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251529/tales-of-old-the-dread-vault-extension-and-upcoming-changes/p1
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    If the difficulty remains the same as the previous Tales of Old, then you're gonna screw over your playerbase again.

And to note: the difficulty was because of the untested and un-tuned scaling mechanics that made mobs in Round III one-shot tanks and healers. THAT is not fun.

Just remove scaling from this monstrosity. That's pretty much my only feedback that I would care to give, considering that the majority of feedback was not listened to the last time this came around.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @nitocris83 When is Tales of Old going to preview, i dont see it here yet.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Feedbacks? its not like you guys give a F... about the feedbacks you get from players, so what feedback are you asking for?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Tales of Old: Throne of Idris is now up and running on Preview.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    agilesto said:

yet there's still ZERO answer from the team, be it COMA or devs or whatever. Nothing at all.

They did provide a response in the recent stream...
    FrozenFire
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User

agilesto said:

yet there's still ZERO answer from the team, be it COMA or devs or whatever. Nothing at all.

Care to enlighten those of us who can't make it to the streams? Last time I checked the VOD gets erased over there for some "unknown" reason shortly after the stream.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019

agilesto said:

Care to enlighten those of us who can't make it to the streams? Last time I checked the VOD gets erased over there for some "unknown" reason shortly after the stream.

Yeah, lol away. It's right there... :expressionless:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488796637?t=00h06m37s
    FrozenFire
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I really Hope you guys do a good work this time. But lots of us couldnt get the fabled chapter last event due to all the bugs. Or all the upgrades of the artifact.

Please consider to reward a fabled chapter and a full artifact with all the upgrades to everyone who participated in dread vault ToO or I wont even participate. You screwed a year of players work last time.

@nitocris83
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    So, before actually running this specific implementation, I note a recurring problem with the Vault:

The stacking restrictions are not fun, nor doing anything except making a difficulty level on an already self-scaling difficulty content. The most notable is when your encounters become horribly delayed, but I never actually got there the last time, because the most brutal group I ran with did 3 and did not look back.

Those did not even matter before mod16, where players + the DC's were just able to haste back the encounters and the other effects were just disregarded.

I see no problem with using consumables as the event does not benefit back enough to make it worth using consumables for financial benefit.

After running the content, at least for a while in solo: The dungeon has traps... a lot. It'll cost the team a ton of gold if they're not VIP.

The creatures feel easier to kill, but that can be the new damage formula. But less annoying stun and more melee, which is great if you are a ranged, like me.

Second, the bone golem is pretty buggy, basically disregards me unless I step right into it's circle, and even then, it attacks once and just gives up, going back to position:

So you're just shooting it down from range because it does not care:

Edit: So, it's more like that everything is slow, so it's easier to avoid most things. When you die at boss (which seems to have a big difficulty jump) you are not respawn at the campfire, but closer to the boss call. However, because you cannot use altars, you don't lose revive sickness.

On an other note, the minions don't respawn if the party failed to kill the boss. And the dungeon is way shorter than I thought.
    Post edited by theraxin#5169 on
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

Bug #1: Round 1 seems to be fine, but after transitioning to round 2, enemies have roughly twice as many hit points, and output roughly 3 times more damage. The only adjustment to round 2 should be that we have no artifacts available. This is the same problem we had with the previous tales of old event, and if it continues in subsequent rounds, we should see a similar impact when going to rounds 3, 4 and 5. This was first reported when the frozen heart trial was on M16 preview.

Bug#2: Stat scaling is not working at all, it shows the reduced item level, but none of our stats are reduced to match the 20k IL

The enemy stat changes between rounds needs to be addressed before this goes live. Right now it doesn't feel too terrible because the scaling isn't working, and the changes to the damage formula and train wreck that is class powers with the current preview patch are making some classes OP as Hamster

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Now that you mention it, I recall seeing that sort of wonky behavior with bone golems as well. I see it often in Chult with the lesser bone golems; if you don't get too close, you can often just plink them to death and they just stand there and take it. I suspect it's a problem that's not limited to preview or Idris.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

Bug #1: Round 1 seems to be fine, but after transitioning to round 2, enemies have roughly twice as many hit points, and output roughly 3 times more damage. The only adjustment to round 2 should be that we have no artifacts available. This is the same problem we had with the previous tales of old event, and if it continues in subsequent rounds, we should see a similar impact when going to rounds 3, 4 and 5. This was first reported when the frozen heart trial was on M16 preview.

Again the same problem this is unbelievable
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Idris damages are pretty high too GL with X3
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Some solutions:

1. Just remove scaling from Tales of Old. Since the last event, after the Round 2, monsters weirdly have double Hit Points and damage. Impossible to finish the round 5, even for end-geared players. With this change, only the players with IL below 20k, will be scaled to 20k. Players with IL above 20k, nothing change. (IDK if this rating change is possible)

2. Not removing scaling ? Try to make a live stream with end-geared players on Preview, with ACT turned on, to check the content after finished the Round 1, like monster's damage, ratings etc, and try to finish the Round 5. After collecting the data, make all the necessary adjustments, to prevent more frustated players as happened at the last ToO event. Here's an example: In the last ToO, even without CA, monsters hit me with 350k damage with melee attacks during Round 3. Many tanks had noticed and reported this too.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Here is my feedback and I provided this after the last disaster as well. There is NO need to item level scale Tales of Old. The event itself scales by adding the layers of difficulty each time a group choses to do another round. The event worked fine before the mod 16 changes.

Before mod 16, not every group could complete 5 rounds anyway. Now with the last event and this one that is in testing with scaling, even end game groups cannot beat 4 rounds, let alone 5.

There is no point in having these events item level scale unless your goal is to have no one complete the event. Why should we play a major event that is designed to where no one can complete it. This isn't an endgame dungeon, it's an event. Gheesh! Please remove scaling and let us test it that way. If it's too easy then make some adjustments.

I understand not everyone should be able to beat 5 rounds but you have made it to where no one can. Come on, pleas fix this! These events were fun up until Dread Vault. We want to run these old dungeons but we don't want to run them if they are a complete waste of time. Thanks
    Post edited by jobu808 on
  • jbball92#2946 jbball92 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Anyone have screenshot of the new journal with stats and pages ?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

agilesto said:

THIS is the official forum for NW, not Twitch.
    "You should have watched the stream" to get apologies or corrections is not a compelling argument.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    edited October 2019

agilesto said:

"You should have watched the stream" to get apologies or corrections is not a compelling argument.
    Well, then what would even be the point of their streams? That's their 'official' stream too, something they're spending time and efforts on...
    FrozenFire
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

agilesto said:

Well, then what would even be the point of their streams? That's their 'official' stream too, something they're spending time and efforts on...
    They should put those efforts into making a playable TOO so.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    > @gonzakotwi said:
    > (Quote)
    > Again the same problem this is unbelievable

I am not surprised abuot it, main issue with feedback is ppl keep on posting without caring about analizing issues. when DV was broken everyone was screaming vs stat scaling, while running ACT you will notice no effectiveness drop = stat were fine.
    but the crying "no-scaling" wave hide the few ones pointing out that issue was critter's getting its damage output doubled (and secondarily lags from spawns) each tier. current small team working on game clearly tried to act accordingly with players feedback and you see the result now.
    with m16 changes there's no need to change enemies strenght that dramatically, embellishments and the removal of most of movement speed buff are already making a +5 way more challenging than former mods' ones.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I got lied to once before on their official stream, lets be honest... Trust is earned
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    A considerate suggestion is to make the scaling add only 0.5, not 1 (and remove the other effects), so that will make the difficulty range from 1-3.

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    hustin1 said:

Now that you mention it, I recall seeing that sort of wonky behavior with bone golems as well. I see it often in Chult with the lesser bone golems; if you don't get too close, you can often just plink them to death and they just stand there and take it. I suspect it's a problem that's not limited to preview or Idris.

well if the devs dont care, why would the golems care? i'd say its working as intended ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?