test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dynamic bosses and mobs? (Other form of scaling)

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
Not sure if this is possible. I have an Idea.
You always get the Problem that content gets outdated.

Dungeons has 3 phases:

first: too hard, can´t finish
second: now doable
third: easy you oneshot mobs you speedrun everything

To slow down this a little following suggestion.

The stats of MOBS and Bosses could be dynamic?

How could it work? Take Lostmoth as example.

All mobs and bosses have min values they are fixed:

example min lvl:

some mobs have 50k HP 20k armpen 40k Power and other stats also

A group with a healer a tank 3 DPS queue for it.

the group combined has:

500k HP 100k armpen 200k Power and so on this is the base group this is the base value what needs to get used to calculate.

This would be calculated base group 100 % equal - with this stats a group reach min lvl on dungeons.

This would result in:

A group joins with

combined

1 mil HP 200k armpen 400k power and so on. New group hast 100% more stats everywhere - now the MOBS get 100% more stats
So the MOBS would have 100k HP 40k Armpen 80k Power.
Mobs can never have less than the MIN lvl. But so they would improve with the group-

The same could be done with the boss itself. This way you have a min lvl MOBs and bosses have but when a better group get in it increases Percentage based.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Why would you upgrade your gear then?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

Why would you upgrade your gear then?

maybe you increase the stats of mobs by 50% instead of 100% but find a Formula to do it. The thing is. If you want to scale then scale dungeons but not chars.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I think that is what they sort of used to do before mod 16. anyone remember the first year of the Jubilee? the Gnashers from wave 1 were auto buffed to match your level and it wrecked people. If you didn't kill the guy using the buff for them they would basically 1-shot anybody who wasn't a tank and 2 shot them.

Buffing Dungeons is an okay thought but i cant see them rewriting the code once again. If they do rewrite the code most would rather them just get rid of scaling entirely. There is no point to it, no one wanted it to begin with and no one wants it now. All scaling does is invalidate the last x amount time any person has spent in the game.

to use an extreme example i can stand toe to toe with Halastar, one of the premier wizards in the world of Toril, but watch out, that random sludge zombie, which i have killed 1 billion of, is going to kill me if i am not careful......