test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Call To Arms: Gate Crashers

mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
Benn away from the game for 2 years and don't know if it's fixed or not but i can clearly remember that this skirmish was bugged. Particularly there was at a certain point a pull of mobs not spawning on top and you had to wait for like 5 mins or more. Only a few ppl were doing that CTA cause you need more than 10/15 mins to complete a single run.
Hope devs fixed this or there will be "a few not so good comments" on forums; a lot of ppl are doing CTA for the weapons set
404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Thanks to remind me how HAMSTER it was :'(

10/10 chances that's is not fixed, but still working as intended.
  • rorrik#3186 rorrik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Unless they fixed the que system since the last CTA event I'll be sitting this one out as well. I don't have time to sit 30 minutes between runs. I have better uses of my time.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Well, I can tell you the last time it went live on console it was bugged.
    That was pretty recently though, so I think we have decent odds this might be the first working event in a while.
    Maybe.
    I'm probably just fooling myself.
    Why make a working event when you can make a broken one? ^^

Let's go on the disatrous serie, one more on the list
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The good thing is that it's probably the most boring skirmish from the original release of the game, so the bugs and queue times are an excellent reason to skip it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Unless they fixed the que system since the last CTA event I'll be sitting this one out as well. I don't have time to sit 30 minutes between runs. I have better uses of my time.

had no issues running last CTA --- make a party of all DPS and go private Q -- fast simple and you slaughter them :p
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    private queue is the way to go. me and one guild member started. posted in Zone i was looking for 3 more. didn't care on class. filled team and private queued. no waiting.
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    why do all these special events have to be queued only or skirmish.... why can't it be in a zone where anyone's can enter...
    @theodate

Those events were new from this year. 1st time they did CTA season and TOO.
    The thing is in mid season the reworked how the whole game worked.

Anyway it's 8 boring minutes X10, X3 and we will be done with this.
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Yep. probably the worst skirmish to choose for CTA season. even without bugs 8 mins are too long, fights take only 1 max
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    There's a kernal of a good CTA here, a resist the Zerg type skirmish, don't get overwhelmed. But it's turned from that into darn right boring by the long waits between waves.

Spend more time idling than fighting or doing... well anything.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The good one for that would be Defend the Village, but it has never been released. I used to see people rush past the attacking mobs to get to the farther ones, aggroing everything and dying when they suddenly had a drider in front of them and a ton of spiders behind. Was generally good for a few chuckles when you saw them running back from the campfire.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Just did Gate Crashers today, and it was fine until the final wave. That one wave takes longer than all the rest of it combined. It's not even a wave - more of a trickle - no, a drip. A slow drip
    of honey
    crystallized honey
    from a hundred year old jar
    that's very nearly empty
    The
    waiting
    takes
    so
    long.

Gonna be hard to tell the leeches from the players in this one. I really want to skip it, but I'm not sure if there's one after this or two.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    you can easily solo this one, or grab a guild member and duo it. it was much easier than Garrunder. Even though the skirmish only take 8 minutes or so it feels terribly long due to the wait times for mobs.