test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter is dying yet again.

2»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    stark760 said:

I've been playing since mod 5. There will always be better gear to get, that's the nature of an MMO. The biggest problem I think, is that they nerf the most popular upgrades from the mod before. Case in point: all of the popular comps pre mod 16. Chultan tiger, all archons, and basically any that the majority of players were using, got horrible changes done...in an attempt to get players to upgrade more. Some might stick around, but you lose trust and a lot of players. Like when people go through the effort to get and upgrade a cambion magus...and now a snowy fawn does the same thing. If going to change comps(many were targeted I feel because of their popularity), at least give players comp tokens or a leg upgrade or some type of compensation for another companion. Same goes with weapon/armor enchants and even 3 way split enchant's. When you change the % a black ice enchant does(was 70/35/35) compared to a single, to 60/30/30, you make them less of a reason to slot and kill the price. Same with artifacts, some gave better bonuses, but now they've all been lvled so eye of the giant doesn't give any bonus stat-wise, and that was the reason many built up. I've discussed with many in my alliance, not to upgrade the 2 "broken" comps: Zhenterim warlock(16k HP and 4 k combat, instead of all others doing 2k stat or 8k HP if a 4k stat) or the wandering scarecrow(8k arm pen 2k def, all others if have a 2k stat max at 4k). Don't waste money on a perceived edge that happens to be selective, and most likely get changed after many spend on it.

on the three slot enchantments its not that they changed the ratio that killed the price. it's that you get everything but power from gear. they basically made it mandatory that nothing else but rads would do. I was kind of hoping the increase in stats would make other enchants relevant again but again new gear higher stats.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    They lowered the amount of enchants you needed by taking 6 off the companion. Combined with only needing 9 offense enchants after that, the % dropped(ninja nerf to all 3 way split enchants and usually took longer to build up, and were most expensive in value). Add in easier to hit caps from gear, recov became accuracy(don't want to get stated on that), no lifesteal, and now the game simplied(for the current mod), to just get singles. Enchants themselves took a extra of that rank to lvl from 7 to 10. People that made weapon and armor enchants lost instant value for what they had built up, then they nerf the weapon enchant itself. Again, you lose trust.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    If anybody remembers the closure of other well-loved MMOs (Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes and WildStar), perhaps all of these massive changes being made to Neverwinter are a deliberate attempt to drive away enough of the player-base in order to justify closing Neverwinter down because... maybe Perfect World (and Cryptic) want to move on to new projects?

I'm going to be brutally honest here:

I'm not playing the game in accordance to what Mod 16 has set in stone. I'm no longer worrying about min/max stats, companion choice, mount choice or even IL. Because of the nerfs (the loss of skill trees and power-share) I'm not even going near PvP and Endgame content. There truly is no point. And if indeed the game is going to be shut down anyway, I'm just going to do my own thing and have fun while it lasts.

But somewhere,
    Within my mind's eye,
    I can see with perfect clarity...

Charlton Heston screaming on a beach.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Charlton Heston screaming on the beach * I poo my pants! *

I see it too
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Sorry all but the information cited in the opening post was a violation of the Terms of Service and had to be removed.

The groups would have to be paraphrased by somebody to make the opening post make sense so I am going to have to close the thread. It's free to be recreated but it can't reference the content previously linked to or discuss the Terms of Service Violations within the content.

Thanks!
    -Ambisinisterr
This discussion has been closed.