test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock class is just terrible, please implement a class respec

Comments

• mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    @mebalz#9859
    I weapon swap aoe and single target sets with lightning vorpal in loadouts with seperate build for each. I swap between 8 loadouts depending on the situation to maximize damage.

It's quite easy to hit all offensive caps, defense stat, descent hp, with all bis % dmg gear and reach over 220k at max endgame. My warlock has 218k power. My wizard only has 193k base power with the exact same comps, gear, enchants, etc. Plus you can add buffs from pots, sorbet etc. Just havent had a chance to attain a 10k power mount and havent maxed a few r14 enchants and runestones yet, or 2 comps since they will be traded out next mod. There is minimal diffrence stat balancing either class. Yet my wizard far outperforms my warl9ck by 30% at this point with the same group.

There is a huge diffrence between 18 minute lomm runs and 22 minute, let alone 30+ minute runs. Especially if your running with 2 wizards with 220k+ base power, and an arbiter with same stats running buff/debuff comps, mounts, artifacts etc.

Once a wizard gets 20% buff from 2x roe and or 1 roe with arbiter 10% buff plus 2% swath while group timed mounts, artifacts, and run debuff comps to meet max debuff. There is no close competition. Arbiters at full endgame in fast endgame groups suffer from pip delays, but can still outperform warlocks in burst with burn groups like this once debuff cap hit.

I'd love to see your act screenshot of a 18 min lomm where your warlock is less than 30% behind in dps.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User

I will not be out dpsed by a cleric I often out dps rangers rogues and wizards now that being said if they are as good at their class as I am the warlock the rangers rogues and wizards will out dps me but not by a mile I have a great amount of burst dps and my AOE out dps even the best wizards in those situations by about 10%.

Yup, if you give me another equally geared class and a month to learn it i will surely pull out around 10-15% more dps tan my sw. AOE depends on the situation, warlock's is very slow aoe. I can bring you to a party with a hr from my guild and i'm sure you won't pass anyone in dps. No wonder most of the "good warlocks" quitted the game
    hitting the mobs with fiery bolt then curse bit is not slow. My guild is full of High end rangers so I run with them all the time the best out dps me in LOMM by about 20-25% those that are not the best i will out dps . I think one mistake may warlocks make is running hell fire ring as its awful. my rotation is fiery bolt curse bit and killing flames if killing flames does not kill the target i hit with curse bit again then spam at wills for a few seconds untill encounters back up. I was on the hate warlock bandwagon for the start of MOD 16 till i did some testing and found out its broke and if you just get your stats to cap and then pile on the power you wont due a lot of dps with the warlock

mongol69 said:

@mebalz#9859

I weapon swap aoe and single target sets with lightning vorpal in loadouts with seperate build for each. I swap between 8 loadouts depending on the situation to maximize damage.

It's quite easy to hit all offensive caps, defense stat, descent hp, with all bis % dmg gear and reach over 220k at max endgame. My warlock has 218k power. My wizard only has 193k base power with the exact same comps, gear, enchants, etc. Plus you can add buffs from pots, sorbet etc. Just havent had a chance to attain a 10k power mount and havent maxed a few r14 enchants and runestones yet, or 2 comps since they will be traded out next mod. There is minimal diffrence stat balancing either class. Yet my wizard far outperforms my warl9ck by 30% at this point with the same group.

There is a huge diffrence between 18 minute lomm runs and 22 minute, let alone 30+ minute runs. Especially if your running with 2 wizards with 220k+ base power, and an arbiter with same stats running buff/debuff comps, mounts, artifacts etc.

Once a wizard gets 20% buff from 2x roe and or 1 roe with arbiter 10% buff plus 2% swath while group timed mounts, artifacts, and run debuff comps to meet max debuff. There is no close competition. Arbiters at full endgame in fast endgame groups suffer from pip delays, but can still outperform warlocks in burst with burn groups like this once debuff cap hit.

I'd love to see your act screenshot of a 18 min lomm where your warlock is less than 30% behind in dps.

you should test out lowing your power to the 170-180 range are greatly over capping your crit strike like you would on a soul weaver build

mongol69 said:

@mebalz#9859

you should test out lowing your power to the 170-180 range are greatly over capping your crit strike like you would on a soul weaver build

and bottom line does the warlock need some adjustments? yes IMO the best adjustments should come with how SI and soul sparks work and build. i think they could make some adjustments and there needs to be a faster way to build them like getting rid of soulburn that is the worst idea ever and replacing it with something like essence drain on the SW. Also making some adjustments to magnitude like making killing flame more constant. If a warlock is build correctly has the correct rotation they should land in the 4th spot for dps below rogues, wizards and rangers at like endgame stats and ability. above clerics (which have a super slow rotation) barbarians, fighters. and those that are crying that its just terrible are doing it wrong and not putting in the work to get better at the class.

mongol69 said:

@mebalz#9859

Also running LOMM without a tank will lower the warlocks dps as no one to group up the mobs which does lower the DPS from fiery bolt and curse bite the closer the mobs are together the more DPS the warlock will do
  • spurly#1209 spurly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I mean do we just have to pay Cryptic to put someone in Warlock balancing? I don't really understand what they're hold up is. Take some time, put people on fixing the class and you'll make a ton of people come back to play. Not just warlocks, but people who will have just a bit more respect for a company that can show they listen to their players. I just don't get it
    edited September 2019
    Hfr has the largest spark generation of all encounters and if all ticks hit it's our second stongest encounter coupled with hr atwill allowing 3 sec cooldown reduction per rotation using sparks and still attain max sparks before each kf in rotation for aoe and sigle target. As far as crit, mine sits at 85k. All my offensive stats sit over 80k with ca at 118k. Defense sits at 68k. Survivability isnt an issue.

Firey bolt has a small 15' radius and meager magnitude and splash damage compared to hfr. I also dont bother with parting blasphemy or cb since cdr doesn't its cooldown. Its situationally bis, but only where there are non combat intervals for the 23 sec cooldown for both charges. In continuous fast combat, hfr, fb, kf and si stacks with 10% additional damage on curses accumulates more damage.

Parting blasphemy 75% weapon damage on aoe and 110 magnitude cb requires small clustered groupings that dont get quickly killed off by other dps to shine, etc. vs 10% cursed buff, 5% dtd, and si stacks from kf in aoe. Starting with accursed and 1 kill, that's 20% additional damage to all adds for all damage by second rotation additional 3 sec cdr with average encounter time of 9.8sec kf, 6.6sec fb, 9sec hfr and double the spark generation. 2x 12 spark ss and 6sec ss nets additional damage, easily attaining 1 si stack every 10 seconds. Single target is th e same subbing hg for fb. That's the only way you can attain 5 si stacks in under 50 seconds. Without using cdr damage is slower, clunky, and takes 96 seconds to attain 5 si stacks. Within 28.4 seconds my kf can hit for 760k damage. Check out warlock act logs comparing curse consume vs curse synergy in aoe and single target sometime. The example lomm I listed above includes me running with cdr, if I swap out to curse consume in those runs i loose quite a bit more damage. But to each thier own.
    mongol69 said:

Hfr has the largest spark generation of all encounters and if all ticks hit it's our second stongest encounter coupled with hr atwill allowing 3 sec cooldown reduction per rotation using sparks and still attain max sparks before each kf in rotation for aoe and sigle target. As far as crit, mine sits at 85k. All my offensive stats sit over 80k with ca at 118k. Defense sits at 68k. Survivability isnt an issue.

Firey bolt has a small 15' radius and meager magnitude and splash damage. I also dont bother with parting blasphemy or cb since cdr doesn't its cooldown. Its situationally bis, but only where there are non combat intervals for the 23 sec cooldown for both charges. In continuous fast combat, hfr, fb, kf and si stacks with 10% additional damage on curses accumulates more damage.

Parting blasphemy 75% weapon damage on aoe requires small clustered groupings that dont get quickly killed off by other dps to shine, etc. vs 10% cursed buff, 5% dtd, and si stacks from kf in aoe. Starting with accursed and 1 kill, that's 20% additional damage to all adds for all damage by second rotation additional 3 sec cdr with average encounter time of 9.8sec kf, 6.6sec fb, 9sec hfr and double the spark generation. 2x 12 spark ss and 6sec ss nets additional damage, easily attaining 1 si stack every 10 seconds. Single target is th e same subbing hg for fb. That's the only way you can attain 5 si stacks in under 50 seconds. Without using cdr damage is slower, clunky, and takes 96 seconds to attain 5 si stacks. Within 20 seconds my kf hits for 760k damage. Check out warlock act logs comparing curse consume vs curse synergy in aoe and single target sometime. But to each thier own.

on my souls weaver crit strike is 136K on HB it goes down to 125K. I also main the SW and that is why i ended up with such high crit strike and it was just an experiment when a friend wanted to heal with his DC instead of DPS and I went from being at the bottom of the DPS charts with my friends with the HB to the top. Which like most i was very frustrated with the HB before that and that is why i went the SW route which is my favorite healer to play. and now that I am having fun with the HB it is the only class i use for DPS. and maybe its just me and how i play but i do a lot more damage with out hellfire ring in my rotation
    edited September 2019
    Check out jannew.info for information on the crit ratio and coming changes. Keep in mind the crit ratio is changing for healing. It's TRUE higher crit than base cap increases crit hits situationally in scaled and some non scaled content but devs have already addressed both those and both will be updated. Additionally its smart to have higher crit for scalled content, and for debuffs, rez sickness, etc. to still be effective. For dps anything higher than 80k crit does not increase my damage or my chrit chance and becomes a wasted stat. The only reason I have it that high is tomm next mod and current bis gear.
    edited September 2019
    Main point is that even with cdr the burst potential is still really bad, si stacks are pure largest buff, brutally painful to maintain, and non synergizing feats and buffs. Warlock feats are, well self defeating for the most part.
    mongol69 said:

Main point is that even with cdr the burst potential is still really bad, si stacks are pure largest buff, brutally painful to maintain, and non synergizing feats and buffs. Warlock feats are, well self defeating for the most part.

I agree that SI stacks are brutally painful to maintain that is why if i could have the devs change anything it would be that and what i would change is get rid of soul burn put in a mechanic like essence drain that pulls soul sparks from mobs put a 15 sec cool down on it and have it maybe do more damage than do a heal. Also change the cool down between combat the SW does not lose soul sparks between combat they automatically stack while not in combat. and second would be to look at upping some magnitude and make the killing flame magnitude more steady instead of a range to make it more consistent per hit 150k-850k is a wide range
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    i dont think rising magnitude can improve this class,
    sw NEVER really changed his core mecanics since mod 16, where devs simply delete warlock's curse and buff/debuff (left only lesser curse). we have now to apply and remove lesser curse, just apply and remove. but this mecanics doesnt provide a buff damage, or a way to improve that (just have a look with the interaction of smolder and ice stack from cw) or make something else (like a debuff or stacking SI). Tab is usefull not for dmg but to low cooldown, istead of prem16 where tab let your sw to apply dmg, debuff or SI (that was the main thing had to do for interact with most of our power/feats).
    it seem now, we are lack of something like a car with just 3 wheels.
    i dont think we need a rework but a better interaction between power feats and features for use curse consume/sinergy in a way to give for example SI for soul puppet, or power up sparksoul, or improve dmg if u want to mantain lesser curse... things like that. w
    this a player can choose his "path": i want to focus on SI, so strong puppet and a buff from that; i want to mantain lesser curse for have a lot of dot dmg; or i want to consume lesser curse to have a burst dmg...
    personally i play soulweaver, memory of temptation path, im actually try to improve my skill to be able to heal proprely. the way to play this warlock is different ok, before heal was a side effect of dmg, now u have to heal in the right moment, and with right amount for save soul spark as better as possible. but also for healer path, where is his meccanic? devs want us to focus on soul spark? ok, give us a way to earn soul spark faster, or let choose to use them in another way, allow us to heal better, or hdot, or buff istead heal.
    all of this are just what i personally thought, i just write what i think sw is lack of, but on the forum there are TONS of 3d were player write tips, or possibly mecanics. they are surely better than me for explain how a class mecanics could be.
    brb89 said:

i dont think rising magnitude can improve this class,

sw NEVER really changed his core mecanics since mod 16, where devs simply delete warlock's curse and buff/debuff (left only lesser curse). we have now to apply and remove lesser curse, just apply and remove. but this mecanics doesnt provide a buff damage, or a way to improve that (just have a look with the interaction of smolder and ice stack from cw) or make something else (like a debuff or stacking SI). Tab is usefull not for dmg but to low cooldown, istead of prem16 where tab let your sw to apply dmg, debuff or SI (that was the main thing had to do for interact with most of our power/feats).

it seem now, we are lack of something like a car with just 3 wheels.

i dont think we need a rework but a better interaction between power feats and features for use curse consume/sinergy in a way to give for example SI for soul puppet, or power up sparksoul, or improve dmg if u want to mantain lesser curse... things like that. w

this a player can choose his "path": i want to focus on SI, so strong puppet and a buff from that; i want to mantain lesser curse for have a lot of dot dmg; or i want to consume lesser curse to have a burst dmg...

personally i play soulweaver, memory of temptation path, im actually try to improve my skill to be able to heal proprely. the way to play this warlock is different ok, before heal was a side effect of dmg, now u have to heal in the right moment, and with right amount for save soul spark as better as possible. but also for healer path, where is his meccanic? devs want us to focus on soul spark? ok, give us a way to earn soul spark faster, or let choose to use them in another way, allow us to heal better, or hdot, or buff istead heal.

all of this are just what i personally thought, i just write what i think sw is lack of, but on the forum there are TONS of 3d were player write tips, or possibly mecanics. they are surely better than me for explain how a class mecanics could be.

personally i love the SW do i think it can be improved sure. I would rather heal with my SW than my cleric or my pally. and to magnitude if you want better heals from the SW they could up that a bit as there is a huge difference between the SW and the cleric for example. Shatter spark the best heal for the SW magnitude is 400. healing ward which is a hot for the cleric healing magnitude 400. bastion of health for the cleric magnitude of 750. and intersession has a huge magnitude of 1600 The Sw does have better resource management than the cleric if the cleric runs out of divinity it takes a while to reign and as long as we are not in the middle of the 15 sec cool down we are good to go. I have no problem healing any content in the game with my sw but would not mind seeing the heal magnitude of shatter spark to go up to about 550 to be more inline with bastion of health. and have harrowstorm have an increase from 200 to 300 to be more inline with healing word. but like i said i have no problems healing any of the current content in the game and I heal it well with the SW. I think most of their good ideas for MOD 16 on the warlock went to the soul weaver and the HB got the scrapes. I think the soul spark mechanic works very well on the Soul weaver as it is very lacking on the HB. The soulweaver is currently my main and my favorite to play out of my toons.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Reading these, looks like I seriously need more practice with the Soulweaver 'cause my results generally aren't very good - passable maybe, but nothing like what I get out of the other two.

Reading these, looks like I seriously need more practice with the Soulweaver 'cause my results generally aren't very good - passable maybe, but nothing like what I get out of the other two.

it is much harder to master and everything has to be perfect. While it may be possible to only run 4 of the outgoing healing companions I would highly recommend running all 5 at legendary to have maximum outgoing healing. Your two main stats to focus on are power and crit. the formula i saw from a developer is (crit strike-50K)/power= crit chance my SW healer has 145K power and 136K crit. as far as encounters shatter spark is your main spam-able heal I like to run harrowstorm and warlocks bargain but would switch out pillar of power if needed. The only encounter that is not replaceable is shatter spark. for offense slots i run all rank 15 Brutal for the Crit and stack crit as much as i can on my gear. also mandatory you want to run all 5 tactical enchantments in the utility slot to stay alive as incoming healing also crucial there is a big cool down on your ability to heal after you die. other things that i do that help but not mandatory I run the golden lion leg mount for the over shields and I also have a load out that i use sometimes with the sigil of the paladin for certain situations but not used often. the huge downside is that running a soulweaver effectively is a huge AD cost as it will be all new companions and some like the quickling are very expensive
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    > @mebalz#9859 said:
    I think most of their good ideas for MOD 16 on the warlock went to the soul weaver and the HB got the scrapes. I think the soul spark mechanic works very well on the Soul weaver as it is very lacking on the HB.

thats it, and this is because soulweaver is the new path, hellbringer path istead is the shadow of what was before.
    i also have no problem with healing cause i building as like as you said (i just trying to find a way to use life bind feat without diyng every single bossfight XD).
    but let see what soul spark provide here: is a resource for casting spell, so as u said we can spam our healing spells. but it is a meccanic that exclude the other: you dont interact with lesser curse nether with puppet. if you look feats and powers of the soulweaver u can see a really poor interact like a separate meccanic. but it is enough for the purpose of the path: healing.
    i think sw can be for healing and dps path more... how i said... versatile for how to make dmg/heal

@frogwalloper#6494
    as mebalz said practice isnt enouh, obviusly you have to take one eye on your soul spark, one on your allies lifebar, one on the fight and one another on your lifebar (life bind user ), use heal when you have to, and so on. high crit heal is a good cover for the less heal magnitude we have, outgoing healing is a necessity for the same. thats because rather than other healer sw have less magnitude but can heal frequently, so you will find good results when you reach heals that let you to take alive your party while tab is on cooldown (using tab with 15sec cooldown feat). that allow you to have a continuosly using and regain soulspark. better heals means lesser soul spark used. more sspark saved, more heal spam for emergency, and you can make this only with high enchantments, insignia, and a good balance of stat.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Thank you both - those were helpful responses.
    I've got some investing to do. Been prioritizing my devout and oathkeeper, and pretty much ignoring my soulweaver - had no reason whatsoever to expect it to perform well.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

lardeson said:

I don't ever have a 40% difference between an equivalent wizard i would say total run 20-25%. I will out dps the wizard in AOE situations and the wizard will out dps me in single target boss fights. There are also equivalent stat wizards I will out dps but that is just due to i am better at playing the warlock then they are at the wizard currently.

Well with the wizard nerfs, maybe, but i still need to confirm this myself if you dont mind pme ingame for a run #lardeson. You dont have to do if you dont want, not trying to prove anything but to actually see how well the warlock currently performs cos the best warlock i know in the game used to be atleast 30% behind me in lomm and that wasn't because of him being a bad player but due to the fact that the class just lacked burst damage.
    I am on console so still in MOD 16 no wizard nerfs yet for whom i play with if your on PS$ i would love to run with you

Cool buddy, dont know anyone on consoles tbh :)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    The problem with the Warlock is that numbers aren’t telling the devs the whole story or maybe they are and things are WAI.

There are tons of warlocks out there, I see them all the time even in the high-end, endgame content but most of what I see are newer players and mid-level players who haven’t run into the wall you do when you hit LOMM and other higher end content.

Most warlock players can get through all the pre-70 stuff and most of the legacy campaigns fairly easy (by using UM free gear and so forth). Up until you get to just certain dungeons, trials and the like, you don’t need to be maxed out or even have a group of regular people the play with.

So, from a numbers POV, it probably appears the number of warlocks are what to be expected because the small number of higher-end players that have given up on them for end game material represents a small percentage of the overall warlock population.

On the other hand, the people who are coming up in the ranks will slowly become aware they are underpowered/under performing compared to other classes which works out for Cryptic’s benefit because these players may now become more motivated to spend (buy Zen) to try to get where they need to be. Therefore, it works out for the bean counters which is what it all comes down to in the end. I don't think its a coincidence that they have been so quiet about "fixing" the warlock class.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I don't think devs calculate in those categories like implementing a class on purpose dealing lower damage, to get people spending more zen. I think they really do believe in their concept of "collecting data" until the last player left this game :)

Mayor problem is and allways was:they don't play their game and they have a pretty small insight into some classes as it looks and they also don't listen that much, at least they are pretty "selective" doing so, same as they have a small staff hardly capable to implement one patch without implementing 10 more bugs. Priorities are set by people with pure economic interest and have to be solved at first.
    They do forget about the fact that this is a game payed by customer but.... I think the general concept is to gain new player for renewing the playerbase and lose them in short after 6 to 12 month instead of keeping longterm player ingame. It's a calculation that seems to work out better... at least that's what it looks to me. Other games with maybe monthly payment do have other concepts and a natural interest to keep longterm customer happy.
    edited September 2019
    Either way you play a warlock, once you get to endgame there is a huge gap in performance compared to other classes. DC paladin outperform soulweaver in healing hands down. Dps cw, hr, tr outperform hb hands down.

The class mechanics of both roles by core design scale poorly in comparrison to other classes. Warlock mechanics just flat out lack in burst,dot/hot and is more and more noticeable as you progress to max build endgame.

Endgame doable at a performance gap at equivalent gearing and stats with other classes makes the warlock class biased.
    mongol69 said:

Either way you play a warlock, once you get to endgame there is a huge gap in performance compared to other classes. DC paladin outperform soulweaver in healing hands down. Dps cw, hr, tr outperform hb hands down.

The class mechanics of both roles by core design scale poorly in comparrison to other classes. Warlock mechanics just flat out lack in burst,dot/hot and is more and more noticeable as you progress to max build endgame.

Endgame doable at a performance gap at equivalent gearing and stats with other classes makes the warlock class biased.

I don't think you have run with any good soulweaver healers. It is more challenging than my cleric which is easy mode healing. My soulweaver can heal and does heal no death runs in LOMM all the time. and while I dont think i will run LOMM with my soul weaver wearing nothing but red feather clan gear in LOMM any time soon like i did with my DC. a great soul weaver healer can do as good and even sometimes better than clerics. you just have to understand the difference between how they heals same as pally they heal very very different than clerics and my personal least favorite class to run healer on as I don't enjoy that style of healing. While i would like to see some healing magnitudes upped to be closer to the clerics healing word, bastion of health soulweavers have much much better resource management and so can continue to heal were the cleric when they run out of divinity even running divine glow it is a slow process to get back to being able to keep a group up in a tough situation. and due to the better resource management i don't think that the heal magnitudes need to be as high as the clerics. clerics big heals. pallys big over shields, soulweaver sustain heals.
    edited September 2019

mongol69 said:

I don't think you have run with any good soulweaver healers. It is more challenging than my cleric which is easy mode healing. My soulweaver can heal and does heal no death runs in LOMM all the time. and while I dont think i will run LOMM with my soul weaver wearing nothing but red feather clan gear in LOMM any time soon like i did with my DC. a great soul weaver healer can do as good and even sometimes better than clerics. you just have to understand the difference between how they heals same as pally they heal very very different than clerics and my personal least favorite class to run healer on as I don't enjoy that style of healing. While i would like to see some healing magnitudes upped to be closer to the clerics healing word, bastion of health soulweavers have much much better resource management and so can continue to heal were the cleric when they run out of divinity even running divine glow it is a slow process to get back to being able to keep a group up in a tough situation. and due to the better resource management i don't think that the heal magnitudes need to be as high as the clerics. clerics big heals. pallys big over shields, soulweaver sustain heals.
    *if not TAB constantly bugs in some bossfights without giving you any sparks due to targetting issues in some bossfights, same as some feature like lifebind are near impossible to run and the issue about having no sparks on reviving (drained to zero) to heal up anything.
    Two mayor bugs and one misconcepted feature that should be adressed asap.
    edited September 2019
    I have run lomm as soulweaver, trying to sustain a tank with 900k+ hp is doable on Actura but extremely close call if tank cc with at least 40%incoming healing.. If running with out tank in a 4 dps run it's a nightmare vs DC or pally smooth flow. On boreworm it is doable with a low charge and good group. But, my pally and DC in testing could easily do high charges on boreworm. Soulweaver and high charges is pretty much a death sentence to players. Doable and smooth are quite diffrent.

I have a good comprehension of the healing mechanics, I run a DC, pally and have run my soulweaver loadout. In content where you continuously have targets to hit and no large burst heal requirement it is doable. All 3 are endgame. Though I only have 30% outgoing heal on my soulweaver I feel no incentive over the last 5 months to upgrade when both my pally and DC when lowered to 30% outgoing heals perform much much better.

As for the high crit heal argument, it's been tested and higher average healing on DC performs better than crit heal builds. I will get that higher crit healing on warlock is pretty much required with such low magnitude burst and hot heals. But as I have stated prior, devs have reworked healing crit ratio and will implement on mod 17 release.

Soulweaver as "more challenging" on a smooth good group equated failfest with subpar dps where my pally or DC could compensate the diffrence smoothly. Soulweaver also pretty much requires a tank or agro pull is deathsentance and spark loss, while DC pally is no issue. Try running with an endgame speedrun group and you will see the deficits of the class compared to other healer classes. Theres a reason soulweaver can't do sub18min lomm speedruns.

The soulweaver heal role has a much lower ceiling of capabilities compared to other healer classes. I know that they are finally adding spark generation without adds in next mod but it's more than too little too late, still lose all sparks on death, etc. At least it doesnt seppuku itself anymore after a few weeks ago using wb, yay..
    Post edited by mongol69 on
    edited September 2019
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/profile/schietindebux

*if not TAB constantly bugs in some bossfights without giving you any sparks due to targetting issues in some bossfights, same as some feature like lifebind are near impossible to run and the issue about having no sparks on reviving (drained to zero) to heal up anything.
    Two mayor bugs and one misconcepted feature that should be adressed asap.

I have never run into this on PS4 but clearly sounds like an issue they should fix with the TAB. the no sparks on death is a a negative and would be great if they changed that. On consul the targeting for soul reconstruction is real bad and would love to see that fixed i don't think it as bad on PC due to macros and being able to have a button to target a specific group member

warlock pulls much more aggro also does more Dps then at least the cleric i don't run pally heals enough to say one way or the other on that as i only like to tank on the pally as i don't enjoy the heal build. that is why on utility slots running all tactical is mandatory i also run negation for extra protection too. I would like to see further adjustments and not just nerfs to the other two heal classes. Since i heal very well in all groups with my soul weaver from very sub par groups to very elite groups at its current state positive adjustments will just make it better.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    @mebalz#9859 you would not happen to have any ACT data that would allow us to share your frame of reference? Understandable if you do not, I do not keep some big library of logs either :), but I am curious.
    edited September 2019
    I run Soulweaver same as Oathkeeper. Soulweaver is more dynamic and I agree about having more "fun" in running content sometimes but I if you compare healer it is pretty obvious that Soulweaver affords more efforts to reach the same result.
    If some mentioned bugs are adressed it might help, but from my pov the class should get some smaller improvements concerning magnitude same as some powers are pointless -> Wraith Shadow to mention first

The reason why Soulweaver pulls more aggro compared to an Oathkeeper due to mitigation/barrier should be obvious, I can't tell about DC if there is a significant difference
    edited September 2019
    "Great healer" if you ignore your and teammates bodycount, doesn't quite work for me. I categorize that with a "great tank", because they dont die, only teammates die a lot.