test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.18

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11263853

Comments

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Wow, OK. awesome patchnotes, till next week then. ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Nice, no fix wizard...
  • sqwaztersqwazter Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    when you're gonna balance warlocks? :bleep_bloop:
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Content and Environment
    Events
    + Neverember's Recruitment: More Neverember's Incentives are granted from the level-up reward box at ranks 3 through 10.
    + Neverember's Recruitment: This event is no longer tied to Acquisitions Incorporated content.

One question, will we get the rewards with a character created during the last Neverember's Recruitment event too, or do we have to create a new character for this event?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Great patchnotes... wouldnt be easier to type that you decided not to pull your fingers out......
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    regenerde said:

Content and Environment
    Events
    + Neverember's Recruitment: More Neverember's Incentives are granted from the level-up reward box at ranks 3 through 10.
    + Neverember's Recruitment: This event is no longer tied to Acquisitions Incorporated content.

One question, will we get the rewards with a character created during the last Neverember's Recruitment event too, or do we have to create a new character for this event?

I believe it needs to be a new character, but I'm not sure of it...
    FrozenFire
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > I hope you guys are working hard on a big patch involving class balance and new damage formula, but this silence and the time going forward waitting to see thursday after thursday that patch notes are only minor things is desperating.
    >
    > missinformation is worse than bad news

Agree, and other bugs like tanks HP and such makes my login time rapidly becoming shorter. Atleast communicate whats in the pipeline.
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    It might be good news if we are seeing less in patch notes. Might be an indication that the dev's busy working on something else.
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    OK some quick game math . 2 lines on E&C + 1 line on C&P + 1 line on line on Interface = 6 hours of maintnance
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    6hrs downtime, woo hoo, gonna work over. . Then buy a new game ASAP
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Hm why so longy longy downtime for so small patchy patchy? :/
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Well, ARC is on maintenance, so NW simply cannot run. It is shame though that Cryptic did not use this opportunity to pass through some bigger necessary fixes.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    ammm then you fix mad mage set ?:D why i need 5% more movement speed then i standing ( i test then i move o lost my 5% movement spead) there is logic ? :D and fix demogorgon set, why old stuff ( mod 15 ) still best in slot ? :D youneed nerf demo set, like 10 more dmg, not 20 ^^
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

It might be good news if we are seeing less in patch notes. Might be an indication that the dev's busy working on something else.

Yes, on Magic the gathering, cos ya know, no one's got time for NW postmod15 ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • larganos#7102 larganos Member Posts: 1 New User
    when we can able to play again its so hard to wait :((
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    So how long is this maintenance? Says 6 hours Pacific but 7 hours UTC.
  • sbblolsbblol Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    why so long maintenance , every week and few hour ,
    also why in the same hour , what about Europe and middle east player
    after work day we want to play

are your data-center are located in US and IT don't don't have maintenance at night ?

did you ever hear about DevOps or Continuous delivery, 7 hour of service down ?
    do you understated how much money get lost , how many player will continue to other game ?
    MOD 16 and 17 changes was done for new player Yes / No ?

i see also the list of patch , relay , for that you need 7 hour ?
    relay i don't understated it , i work in IT/ software development about 20 year , in any production environment that i manage , no one will approve me more then 2 hour of maintenance

i don't know if your IT department or developer team are he root cause , but you need to improve this process.

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @crusthelvete said:
    > Hm why so longy longy downtime for so small patchy patchy? :/

Because ninja nerfy nerfy
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So for me, the game client says 'Version mismatch, update your client' but the patcher does not download anything. For anyone else coming here having this problem: You need to verify your installation. In the patcher: Options (top right) -> turn 'Force verify' under Patching on -> click save at the bottom. It will take some time but this fixes it.

To the devs, I imagine something went wrong where the patcher thinks it has the newest version already, but the game server disagrees with whatever my game client is sending it. Maybe I got a patch with a faulty version number or something. I downloaded the update somewhere halfway through the maintenance.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    More than likely most of their attention is getting the console release of Mod 17 through certification. With its release next week, that probably took all of their time. But hopefully some the outstanding issues will get fixed soon on PC, that is what we can hope for.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2019

regenerde said:

Content and Environment
    Events

I believe it needs to be a new character, but I'm not sure of it...
    Well, guess i'll just wait for the event to start and then give it a try with those characters. I bought Vault of Piety weapons for them, and it would have been nice to simply continue playing them through this event again. :/

More than likely most of their attention is getting the console release of Mod 17 through certification. With its release next week, that probably took all of their time. But hopefully some the outstanding issues will get fixed soon on PC, that is what we can hope for.

Well, any Gear Up! sale is pretty much pointless until the Devs repair those bloody damn companions. I mean, who's going to spend their money (or time) on stuff that's utterly broken for several months now?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, any Gear Up! sale is pretty much pointless until the Devs repair those bloody damn companions. I mean, who's going to spend their money (or time) on stuff that's utterly broken for several months now?

Isnt it obvious? - its aimed at unaware, new player.
    No1 else would spend a dime on broken item or companions.... I am more then certain that Cryptic already knows that no1 playing this game longer then 6 months wont pay for anything any more... new clients are their only hope here.....
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    From my failing memory, it used to be that accounts less than 30 days old were the the highest income source. Can't see that as having changed, and also why longer term players seem to get the short end of the stick so often.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

From my failing memory, it used to be that accounts less than 30 days old were the the highest income source. Can't see that as having changed, and also why longer term players seem to get the short end of the stick so often.

They will never tell us what the actual break downs are are far as revenue goes but if they like all other FTP MMOs - the break down is as follows:

Whales - Who provide the game with 80% of its revenue but represents 20% or less of the over all population.

New Players - Next largest group but still considerably less than the whales.

Everyone Else.

The problem with NW now is that Whales are spending less because of many reasons but mostly because there is no reason to spend. Between the nerfs and lack of new content (including stuff you can purchase) even if you have the money to drop there's nothing to spend it on. (Disclosure - I'm a whale and speak to others daily)

Now, if the whales are not spending like they use to, NW must lean on New Players because they are literally the only ones who might have a reason to spend at this point but its a losing scenario because they will also soon discover things you can but just aren't worth it any more especially once you can get to 9000 IL and can start UM.

At this point I don't know how NW is surviving.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I was both, now I'm neither. But could go back to being the first type if it was worth it. It isn't. I need about 13 Coal wards to rank my 14s to 15s. Could I get them with zen, sure. Will I? No.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • goro#8655 goro Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hi @nitocris83. Question - for previous Neverember Recruits that never ran Aquisitions Inc content but leveled to 80 and opened their level-up reward boxes under the old rules, how do we get our remaining 45 Incentives?