test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Game Server Crashes

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2018 in News & Announcements
Update 11:38am PT

We identified the issue and players should start seeing a reduction in crashes over the next 10-15 minutes. Thank you again for your patience!

We are aware of PC users experiencing game server crashes and are working on identifying the cause and resolving the issue as quickly as possible. We do not have any additional information at this time. Thank you for your patience.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• thorstone#7140 thorstone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi,
    Toons are in Protectors enclave, and got 3 times already disconnected since the serves are up again.
    please fix :)

regards
    Void
  • kaoriel1983kaoriel1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I can't even get anywhere. Once I click on any of my chars, I don't even get a loading screen, but a "disconnected from server" right away. (PC - based in UK)
  • seniksenik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Seems like it happens after almost every weekly server downtime lately. I just DCed about 4 times in 5 minutes. No SNR, no anything. Just "disconnected" and that's it.
  • imiqimiq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    me too
  • bloodzakjonbloodzakjon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    worked for me right from the server reboot after the 2 hours maintenance until i just logged out
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User

Update 11:38am PT

We identified the issue and players should start seeing a reduction in crashes over the next 10-15 minutes. Thank you again for your patience!

We are aware of PC users experiencing game server crashes and are working on identifying the cause and resolving the issue as quickly as possible. We do not have any additional information at this time. Thank you for your patience.

Um, nope...its 12:15, 35 mins since your update and its still happening the same.
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    2:50 CT and I'm still getting DCed
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    xbox servers are doing the same
  • markw#7562 markw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can't even get past launcher as it keeps disconnecting.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    And thoose lags...
  • pragikpragik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    still no go here
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    When we have an intermittent gameserver crash like this, we have 2 main approaches to rolling out the fix: 1) kill all the gameservers which will boot everyone but there will be no more affected gameservers to crash later; 2) apply the fix so that new servers that start up are running the fixed code, but existing gameservers will crash once eventually (when they restart they'll be running the new fixed code). The first approach interrupts everyone once. The second approach let's players keep playing until whatever triggers the crash happens, but the frequency of crashes will go down with time (as broken servers crash and fix themselves). For a rare-ish crash like this (which would only trigger when certain characters did certain optional things) we thought it would be less disruptive to go with #2. So yes, there are still some gameservers running the broken code. They will crash when the right confluence of events happen. During the next maintenance, when all the processes get restarted, they'll all be running the new fixed code and no more of that crash will happen.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    for me it's silent crashes every 30 mn to an hour or so.
    i also checked "force verify" in options of the starting menu, and it doesn't do that.
  • davidran#4216 davidran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I keep getting disconnected and other times my game freezes with red text in the middle of my screen. Is it the servers or is it me. I wanna play but not sure how long I can keep this up of not getting my fill.