test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger orcus set mod 17

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
I know a lot of people are saying it won’t be feasible for Tomm, but does anyone know if it’s possible for a ranger to use the orcus set in Tomm and make it through?

Answers

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Yes, it's possible. in fact, the Demon Lords set is recommended for DPS going into ToMM. The downside to the set is that it has nowhere near the stat points and hit points of the newer sets, so you need to make up for those lost points elsewhere (enchants, gear, companion gear, insignia) in order to hit the 80K caps and 350K ish HP needed for the trial. All of the old gear pretty much has the same issue - you want to use it because the better bonuses on the older gear, but you need the stat points for the trial ....
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Wow, 350k. Well I met the other stats with ease and still have enchants to level up front and back pages.

Correct me, we will have new comp gear to quest for?

This morning my solo Watcher runs ended. Finally! After two months I received my Watcher offhand. Ran in groups for awhile only to have my chance go to someone else or me taking their set. I have a set for a Pally and DC (a few DC mains), and a few offs for a Warlock. I have a few HR's upset with me because I got to 5 mainhands before starting my solo runs. Sheeesh, RNG is a b.
    Post edited by teucer#3019 on
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

You will have new comp gear to RNG for.

I play HR Orcus set, reaching all those caps is pretty hard, requires a lot of tuning and a HUGE amount of luck with comp gear, yet I didn't finish the trial at the moment, but Orcus set is good.

And i m sure you forgot to take in consideration the 130K CA cap ;)
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2019

You will have new comp gear to RNG for.

I play HR Orcus set, reaching all those caps is pretty hard, requires a lot of tuning and a HUGE amount of luck with comp gear, yet I didn't finish the trial at the moment, but Orcus set is good.

And i m sure you forgot to take in consideration the 130K CA cap ;)
    i'm gonna guess he also forgot the defensive stats too. the offensive stats are pretty easy to meet but hitting 400k or near 400k hp defense and I think one other defensive stat I'm blanking on along with the 130 ca is gonna be a shuffle. hoard those zok etchings!
  • Options
    mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Well let’s say your a bit short on defense as a ranger would boar hide be an acceptable way to make up the difference?