test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tymora's Gift event will reward us with Profession Resources - inventory management event?

dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
Since the expansion of profession tasks and materials up to level 80, I have been running short on room in my Materials bag. I have already thrown out a lot of my materials, before finding out that you can actually convert +1 materials to their normal counterparts! But still, I don't own all basic materials anymore and at this moment I have nine* open slots in that bag. I've run out of some of the materials I regularly use, so some slots will fill up again before the event begins.

But how am I going to manage this event's rewards? Will I just have to go to my materials bag a couple times a day and throw out everything I received? I am convinced that it is no longer possible to have 1 of every basic crafting material (plus mastercrafting material, plus chult) because there is not enough room in the bag. I have already thrown out materials that aren't used in high level recipes and event materials and I'm still running out of room.

Of course it would be much better if we could get more space in that bag, but I don't think they can add that before the event begins in two days, so... How will you manage your materials bag during the event?

I have my empty slots at the bottom so that it's clear where the new materials will appear, but this can go wrong when I run out of a material that is higher up in my bag, creating an empty slot. I will only find this when going through my entire materials bag, and I would miss it if it accidentally ended up in the right category - I sorted everything by type, so all the lumber is together and all the cloth is together etc.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Before they can give you a better solution, you may mail certain material to your 2nd character or alt characters. Or, even put those material to AH for sale or for temp storage. Better than dumping them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    It's painful, but I had to note somewhere which alt had what kind of materials - so I have (or had, I sold some junk) an alt for ingots, one for alchemy + mw... Can't be helped.
    I would rather the second part of the profession inv with tools and stuff be reduced if the slots would be added to mats.
    - bye bye -
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Also another source for item storage, as you know a guild is made for free, the first bank pane of 48 slots can be purchased for 150,000 AD the second is 300,000 AD. This gives you 96 slots more than any bag can hold and for less AD than a greater bag of holding. Just put an alt in charge of the guild, should you already belong to one.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Multiple characters lessen the load somewhat. In the beginning I had split the professions across all of my characters. Storage space was never a problem that way. However, now the majority of them are 70 working towards 80 in all professions, and space on a few is becoming problematic. Plasticbat's work-arounds of using mail and the AH would be my suggestion as well.
    I don't remember what Tymora's Gift produces. A bag? Is it character bound? If it is account bound, I would accumulate them in the shared bank and then let an alt to open them all later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    rotflmao - you can buy 2 dyes that come free with every character now :/
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @sandukutupu unfortunately that will do nothing for profession resources.
    edited September 2019
    Even if the guild bank can store profession resource, it is still very painful.

Most people's main would not be a member of a personal guild but a member of a "real" guild.
    Their alt probably are the members of a personal guild.

To ship stuff from main to personal guild bank means:
    Main mail to alt, log off main, login alt, alt picks up the mail, alt goes to a guild bank (which has no VIP portal), deposit the stuff.

To retrieve stuff from personal guild bank to main:
    Log off main, login alt, alt goes to a guild bank, picks up stuff, mail to main, logout alt, login main, main picks up mail.

If it is not profession resource, at least, the shared bank can help a bit.
    Since this is about profession resource, if you throw in the Workshop in the mix, .....
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for all your suggestions. Like someone else already pointed out having to keep track of what chars have what materials is a bit painful :(.

as you know a guild is made for free

Is it that easy now? I haven't made a guild in years, but it used to be that you need a full party who all pay 2 gold or something, to start the guild. So you need 4 friends alts who are not in a guild as well.

It's a good idea if you do professions on a lot of characters, since you'd be able to share your resources that way and it's much easier than shared bank slots. But like already mentioned, my main is in a lovely guild, and that's where I have the most different professions on and thus the most materials. And the space problem. Having a crafting guild if you craft on many characters is definitely something I'm considering if I ever want to go deep into crafting a lot at a time!

I don't remember what Tymora's Gift produces. A bag? Is it character bound? If it is account bound, I would accumulate them in the shared bank and then let an alt to open them all later.

That's the best idea here! Thank you! Definitely going to do this if they are not character bound.

rotflmao - you can buy 2 dyes that come free with every character now :/

While that wasn't the discussion in this thread, I get what you mean - you get extra Favor of Tymora currency when you buy pink, purple, red or sunite heart dye packs from the zen market. Not only do they still come in packs of four, while you need only one to add to your library now - red and purple are actually two of the seven free colors, so this dye pack does literally nothing.

WAIT- HOLD ON - it gets even better. Not only would you get extra currency with the dyes but also two fashion sets. BUT THERE IS NO FASHION IN THE ZEN MARKET ANYMORE! It has all been moved to the Tradebar store. There is also no blood ruby or blood ruby pack in the zen market anymore. We can now make blood rubies in level 80 Jewelcrafting.

If this info is all wrong, then perhaps there aren't even profession resources in the bags anymore, lol.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    dillygirl said:

Is it that easy now? I haven't made a guild in years, but it used to be that you need a full party who all pay 2 gold or something, to start the guild. So you need 4 friends alts who are not in a guild as well.

It's a good idea if you do professions on a lot of characters, since you'd be able to share your resources that way and it's much easier than shared bank slots. But like already mentioned, my main is in a lovely guild, and that's where I have the most different professions on and thus the most materials. And the space problem. Having a crafting guild if you craft on many characters is definitely something I'm considering if I ever want to go deep into crafting a lot at a time!

Yes, it is easy enough. Requires 5 people, level 15 or higher in a party on the same map in PE. The leader then names the guild and you are done. I paid players to make my bank guilds. But often in the game, if you tell them in chat you are building a "bank guild" they will join quickly and leave without any need for payment. When you are creating a real guild they are less likely to join you.

While it is true this will not help with the professions storage, it does allow me to store unbound items. I made a lot of rings when I was actively crafting jewelry. I stored these items here to trade to wait for the trading company to offer a commission on them. I currently have 4 guild banks with 2 panes each giving me 384 slots of unbound storage. It might not be the solution you were looking for, but it sure gives me wiggle room with the limited inventory space.

I belong to a 5th guild, not my own full of players with deep pockets. But most haven't been online for a long while. I keep calling the guild leader to remind him about the 30 day expiration date when he forgets. lol
    wb-cenders.gif