test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 17 second time NO reward chest

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
When I got these 4+4 Zethimon shards first time I got a quest that gave me a chest where I could choose 1 good item.
Now I just completed everything again and really looked forword to choose my reward again for all the (mindless grinding) and nothing.
I have these new 4+4 zethimon shards in my inventory but I got no quest for reward chest.
Have I done weeks and weeks of endless grinding for no reward at the end?
If I would have known that there is no reward for completeing everything again.
Then I would have stopped playing mod 17 Weeks ago....

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure we are supposed to only get one chest of companion gear /alt.
    However (I haven't done it yet due to a severe lack of motivation) I think they are accountbound, so you can farm whatever you want with alts for your main.
    Not many of them are that great, imo.
    So that's not going to help you any, I also think it's idiotic and I guess its wai.
    On your first chest, you got the quest before you started on the fragments...
    - bye bye -
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited September 2019

When I got these 4+4 Zethimon shards first time I got a quest that gave me a chest where I could choose 1 good item.
    Now I just completed everything again and really looked forword to choose my reward again for all the (mindless grinding) and nothing.
    I have these new 4+4 zethimon shards in my inventory but I got no quest for reward chest.
    Have I done weeks and weeks of endless grinding for no reward at the end?
    If I would have known that there is no reward for completeing everything again.
    Then I would have stopped playing mod 17 Weeks ago....

You can only get one chest reward from the quest giver after you finished 4 FE of one character. After that, there is none.

That is why other people use their alt to get more because the item is account bound.

The only reward you can get after that is the underwear and Zok reward (if you put in at least one rune).
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    As I said before. I would never grind Mod 17 second time if I knew there was no reward at the end.
    Just waste of time and Cryptic making bad decisions again making game not worth playing.
    and that Zok you are talking about never gave me anything good from stones I got from Star Dock not even once.
    So I just wasted all my time in space LOL :) Cryptic does not know how to reward players for playing their game....
    Getting reward for second run was so logical for me that I did not even question that.
    I should have because of Cryptics former bad decisions. Nothing in this game surprises me any more just makes me angry.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Zok now gives something with every box.

5k Rough AD
    random potion

random item

the random item is a green, blue, or purple companion peice
    OR
    the original mod 16 expedition items - including artifcates and 1010 ilevel items
    OR
    Mod 17 dual offense/defense companion items

This has been the case for a couple of weeks now.

With that being said what grind? seriously its 2 missions that take 10 minutes at max per day plus a couple of expeditions every 2nd day. Combined with the fact they fixed the party loot issue the Expeditions should also be rather quick. To grind through a second time should take almost no time considering it is spread out over almost 2 weeks.
    akemnos said:

With that being said what grind? seriously its 2 missions that take 10 minutes at max per day plus a couple of expeditions every 2nd day. Combined with the fact they fixed the party loot issue the Expeditions should also be rather quick. To grind through a second time should take almost no time considering it is spread out over almost 2 weeks.

Agree. It is not much of the grind at all. I don't even do 2 missions per day. I just gather all the missions (for my 6 mains) every day if there is any. Then, do all the missions (just pick 3x champions one) + WEs (+ FE is available) all in one shot. I have been doing that slowly and I already finished 5 and playing on the last one slowly.

One thing that is great for these tasks that most people does not care is its XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    I am glad that no matter what, there is always players supporting Cryptics bad decisions.
    This means that no matter what Cryptic do next some players will always stay around playing for XP and occasionally get a chance at Zok the slot machine.
    It just that, there will only be 100 of you running around in an empty world at the end.
    I get it, some players prefear spacious games at its last survival mode instead of games in prosperity.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

As I said before. I would never grind Mod 17 second time if I knew there was no reward at the end.

You should know this. The companion gear is reward from a quest given you at start of mod 17. You do not get that quest a second time.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    It would have been easy and a nice touch to introduce a fragment shop to access after finishing the quest.
    Or pointing it out when you do FEs without the quest.

If you are happy with the rewards as they are right now, great. In a bigger perspective, they are bad, at least from some players (mine, for example) POV.

Why does everything have to be a bigger discussion about why we are all playing this game and if it is rewarding or not...

I don't do it a second time for etchings. I can do alts for MEs if I'm bored out of my mind. This is my opinion.
    There are people that like to run it ... fine!! Alright!!!

Can you wonder why you get fragments when they are completely pointless after the chest? Why not! They are there in the currency tab! Do I have to wonder because I know this is NW and unrewarding pointless things are often in my inventory forever? No, I don't wonder why anymore.
    Doesn't mean this is completely self-explanatory for everybody that can do Uprising content (aka everybody)
    - bye bye -
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

You should know this. The companion gear is reward from a quest given you at start of mod 17. You do not get that quest a second time.
    So why are we still getting useless quest fragment ?
    edited September 2019

I am glad that no matter what, there is always players supporting Cryptics bad decisions.
    This means that no matter what Cryptic do next some players will always stay around playing for XP and occasionally get a chance at Zok the slot machine.
    It just that, there will only be 100 of you running around in an empty world at the end.
    I get it, some players prefear spacious games at its last survival mode instead of games in prosperity.

I would not do more than I need to because I always check what the most efficient and comfortable way to do thing before I actually do it. Hence, my character will not stay in Stardock and do anything extra after he/she receives the final chest. I will just move on to the next character. At the moment, I am in the final character (the 6th main). XP is important to me because XP = AD. Why does people run RLQ? Because it is fun? It is because of AD. I consider RQ is not fun. Hence, I refuse to do it. XP->AD is my major AD source. At least, the Stardock quests which eventually lead me to the final chest gives me a lot of XP ( --> AD). Two birds one stone.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

Why are we still getting quest to run Arcane Reservoir, or kill Grimnak? why do i need to go in and kill Trobriand for the 100th time? How many times has Drufi stolen the ring of winter? etc etc etc

If the missions disappeared completely every time we completed something than there would be nothing to do in the game.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Have we already forgotten Mod 15? Can do the quest multiple times, just 1 enchant? This is not new nor is it at all surprising.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @karvare said:
    > Have we already forgotten Mod 15? Can do the quest multiple times, just 1 enchant? This is not new nor is it at all surprising.

At least there, you needed to do it in order to get the campaign currency to acquire your boons.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    akemnos said:

Why are we still getting quest to run Arcane Reservoir, or kill Grimnak? why do i need to go in and kill Trobriand for the 100th time? How many times has Drufi stolen the ring of winter? etc etc etc

If the missions disappeared completely every time we completed something than there would be nothing to do in the game.
    Because of the rewards. What do you do with your 10th fragment?
    edited September 2019

akemnos said:

Because of the rewards. What do you do with your 10th fragment?
    Do nothing? Or, use it as a counter to figure out how many FE you have done? Trophy counter? It is in your currency slot (like other odd currencies) and that does not occupy the actual limited inventory space.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    It is a grind if the content you have to run isn't fun. And I think for the OP and myself the two dailies are the epitome of daily quests that are not all that fun to do. And to elaborate further I hated it so much that I never even bothered to get the chest on one of my characters...I just completely stopped after 3 or 4 days. But this is just my opinion of it.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Well, I replaced my pants and a companion gear piece with second run gains. YMMV, RNGesus is fickle. The drop rates/rewards were improved recently and with MEs WEs and FEs I have accumulated quite a few high IL 2 slot companion gear pieces. Helps with alts and swap arounds as things change.