test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Public Letter to Developers

13»

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

I would suggest not making this a competition of who has the highest /played, not only because it is not constructive and doesn't mean anything (both in terms of adding to the argument and in the general sense), but because I am pretty much certain you will lose -- to every single person in my group.

What I find funny is that you are all comparing how pathetic you are with time played on video games. You do realize that their is a life outside. I would love to meet you all in person so when you see my physical frame of 6' 250lbs of pure muscle chiseled body you can all stand in awe of the god in front of you because in real life what do you do beside play on your games on your computer or console?

I'm rarely playing video games because I'm outside running, jogging, weight lifting, etc... take care of my house, family, etc...

Gaming is a hobby and if you let it become and consume your life you are pathetic and need to re-evaluate your priorities and so far from what I am hearing from the elite player is that they seem not to have a life.

That is my opinion of the elite players given the response thus far.

But whatever, enjoy your life on the keyboard.
    u spend a lot of time on the forums for someone that regards spending time playing games as pathetic.
    Ever hear of a cell phone or tablet? It makes posting easy on the forums.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I would suggest not making this a competition of who has the highest /played, not only because it is not constructive and doesn't mean anything (both in terms of adding to the argument and in the general sense), but because I am pretty much certain you will lose -- to every single person in my group.

What I find funny is that you are all comparing how pathetic you are with time played on video games. You do realize that their is a life outside. I would love to meet you all in person so when you see my physical frame of 6' 250lbs of pure muscle chiseled body you can all stand in awe of the god in front of you because in real life what do you do beside play on your games on your computer or console?

I'm rarely playing video games because I'm outside running, jogging, weight lifting, etc... take care of my house, family, etc...

Gaming is a hobby and if you let it become and consume your life you are pathetic and need to re-evaluate your priorities and so far from what I am hearing from the elite player is that they seem not to have a life.

The only people who are pathetic are those who try to shame others based on how they spend their free time, doing what they enjoy doing, when they are not harming anyone else in the process. You enjoy weightlifting etc? Good for you, but unless you earn money off of it, it is a hobby, nothing more, nothing less. One day we will all go to the ground and the fact that you lifted weights won't change that. And no, I don't particularly care how you look, I judge others on how they act and all I ever see you do is look for validation in threads pretending to be an expert on matters of which you are clearly not. Says something, don't you think?
    And yet hear you stand on your high horse in this thread shaming others who simply voice their concern about the game. We all have the right to share our own opinions on a game we like to play. Regardless if someone plays less than an hour a day or if they have played hours and hours on end.

I don't need any validation in a game or the forums, because I know who I am, what I have accomplished and where I am going in life and not some game that one day may not even be here.

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Intelligence... that was the thing where people stop stoking the fire?
    Personal attacks like these are not worth it, and certainly not over a game that is supposed to be fun.
    Looks don't have anything to do with this, neither does quantity of gaming hours, although I'm very sure everybody is very qualified to get emotional over this, but it's really not worth it.
    - bye bye -
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2019

The only people who are pathetic are those who try to shame others based on how they spend their free time, doing what they enjoy doing, when they are not harming anyone else in the process. You enjoy weightlifting etc? Good for you, but unless you earn money off of it, it is a hobby, nothing more, nothing less. One day we will all go to the ground and the fact that you lifted weights won't change that. And no, I don't particularly care how you look, I judge others on how they act and all I ever see you do is look for validation in threads pretending to be an expert on matters of which you are clearly not. Says something, don't you think?
    And yet hear you stand on your high horse in this thread shaming others who simply voice their concern about the game. We all have the right to share our own opinions on a game we like to play. Regardless if someone plays less than an hour a day or if they have played hours and hours on end.

I don't need any validation in a game or the forums, because I know who I am, what I have accomplished and where I am going in life and not some game that one day may not even be here.

Funny, yet you are the one continuously posting all time classic examples of validation-ism, such as the one where you tested the tiger by testing the dancing shield and then refuse to admit you were wrong. Spin me another yarn will you?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Intelligence... that was the thing where people stop stoking the fire?

Personal attacks like these are not worth it, and certainly not over a game that is supposed to be fun.

Looks don't have anything to do with this, neither does quantity of gaming hours, although I'm very sure everybody is very qualified to get emotional over this, but it's really not worth it.

Which was what I was saying when I said, "don't bring hours played into this discussion as it adds nothing to it," but apparently people wanted to bring it up anyhow. Sad.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2019

~but... didnt u complain about ToMM? ToMM isnt all content, there is plenty of solo content in the game, if thats what u are looking for.~

Read before replying, you are not payed by post, although the amount of empty comments you have , one might believe that you are.
    Not only did I not complain about ToMM , I said it would be ok if it was not the 4 strike on solo playing.
    Enlightened me, what is this wonderful solo content you are talking about for players that have all the Campaigns and events done?
    And you will not answer on topic - 1 because you obviously can not , 2 because it is nothing to answer.

Tom was not wrong. Most of the content in the game is solo-able. The only things that are not solo-able are dungeons and it it specifically tells you to form a team when you get your first dungeon missions.

As for your 4 strikes

1.- Remove LifeSteal. - Life steal needed to be changed. Whether removing entirely was the right move or nerfing it severely was is another discussion but when no one ever needed to worry about healing that was a problem.

2.- 2 MODS- 16,17 of group content. - Yes, it can be done solo but they were not designed for singular player. You just confirmed it is solo-able. If it can be done solo than yes it is designed for solo. Does it get easier in a party, absolutely but so does everything else in the game.

3. Introduce a trial that requires not only good players joining , but good players that better dance around with a Ballet Master. - its an experiment that they tried, where the difficulty is far above what else in game, However it has no effect on being able to play solo as you were not doing any of the other top dungeons solo either

4. Impose trinity on random queue. - Again this has nothing to do with soloing playing. You can still random queue as a solo and eventually you will get you in but again this only affects RLQ as it was already there on the other queues.

This discussion has been closed.