test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workshop lvl 4 quest, 'Second Chances' - Missing NPC

tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
The quest you get after you upgrade workshop to 4, 'Second Chances' (the one that ends in hiring Karmela). You talk to the previous retainer girl outside the bank, she sends you to talk to Ayrie in Moonstone Mask (which works) and Dalish in Caer Konig.

Dalish is not in Caer Konig, and the quest tracker goes red when you arrive in Caer Konig. He used to be on the second pier at the waterfront, I am told, by the civilian who is hammering on the dory. Not there now, or on any other pier, or anywhere else in Caer Konig.

Looks like they either removed him from Mod 16, or possible moved him to a different zone, but didn't update the quest text and tracker. If anyone sees Dalish anywhere, or has another fix for this quest, please let us know.

Comments

• abelcoeurdacierabelcoeurdacier Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Hey, same problem in mod 16, i have to speak to Dalish and there is no npc in caer konig with this name. If someone have solution ,i take.
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    me too
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Just wanted to mention, multiple patches and reboots since this was posted, but Dalish is still missing.

Also, went to find this thread to post in, had to scroll 10+ pages to get to it! Turns out in Mod 16, the most active forum is Bug Reports!

Well, active for players, anyway. Devs seem to be mostly ignoring it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • phrigephrige Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have same problem on multiple characters. No Dalish in Caer Conig.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info! I'll check to see if the team is aware/issue status.
  • jammer1138jammer1138 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Any updates on this?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Any updates on this?

Issue was reported and filed internally but I don't have any additional updates at this time.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Missing NPC me too
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Since the Profession level 80 patch of last week, can anyone confirm that this works (or not). I still have level 4 workshops filled with NPCs anxious for me to begin the 'Second Chances' questline but I will only do so if I can complete it and get Karmela. For the 5 mil needed to upgrade, you'd think getting it to work correctly would be a priority (I did not see it as an issue in @percemer Community status table linked at the top of this forum)

This was first reported in April.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Since the Profession level 80 patch of last week, can anyone confirm that this works (or not). I still have level 4 workshops filled with NPCs anxious for me to begin the 'Second Chances' questline but I will only do so if I can complete it and get Karmela. For the 5 mil needed to upgrade, you'd think getting it to work correctly would be a priority (I did not see it as an issue in @percemer Community status table linked at the top of this forum)

Workshop 4 is more about extra delivery box, bigger crew size of artisans. Karmela herself is not an exciting artisan to spend 5 million. If she is the only reason you would do workshop 4, I would say don't bother.

Yes, this should be fixed because it is a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Point taken @plasticbat
    However, mod 15 Workshop/Professions went through great effort to add a storyline to Professions all about the woes of Karmela - D&D is as much about the story as it is about the mechanics of 'the game'. Completing the story arc is seen as important by some players as well.

@nitocris83 - you acknowledged many of the other posts today (welcome back!), but appear to have overlooked this long-standing bug report.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Let me extend this by saying I was not even aware there was a quest past leveling the workshop to 4 until I read this thread! Sure enough, I spoke to the former retainer and received the next people to talk to. Was there supposed to be someone (NPC) that gave me this quest?

I have 3 toons that achieved this (#4 later this week), not a hint about this...

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
    edited September 2019
    krailov said:

Let me extend this by saying I was not even aware there was a quest past leveling the workshop to 4 until I read this thread! Sure enough, I spoke to the former retainer and received the next people to talk to. Was there supposed to be someone (NPC) that gave me this quest?

I have 3 toons that achieved this (#4 later this week), not a hint about this...

It is mentioned in the very first post of this thread.

You talk to the previous retainer girl outside the bank, she sends you to talk to Ayrie in Moonstone Mask (which works) and Dalish in Caer Konig.

The little girl is the quest giver. Dalish is the one who is missing. Hence, the bug.
    I think there is some dialog telling you to talk to the girl. May be the merchant lady.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Yes, the second chances quest is given by Tress - but there was no marker above her, or a message from my retainer to speak to her, or any other indication to speak to her again. I only did that after reading this thread - at that point I did receive the quest Second Chances (I checked prior to speaking to her - nothing, quest appeared after speaking to her). I would have expected my retainer to have a line item about going to chat to her...

There was no mention from the post-upgrade party (again, I would have expected one of them to state something in the post upgrade chat with each of them), or from Merielle Begum . I will be upgrading again soon on the other toon, so will doubly check, but having done 3 in the past couple of months, I am pretty sure I would remember something like that!

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    There is no mention from anyone, anywhere. You only happen on this quest, if by some chance, you decide to talk to Tress. So more or less, it's a hidden quest. It has been that way since its inception.

The issue is with Dalish in Caer Konig. He's the one that tells you where to find Karmela so that you can recruit her and finish the quest.
    edited September 2019
    krailov said:

Yes, the second chances quest is given by Tress - but there was no marker above her, or a message from my retainer to speak to her, or any other indication to speak to her again. I only did that after reading this thread - at that point I did receive the quest Second Chances (I checked prior to speaking to her - nothing, quest appeared after speaking to her). I would have expected my retainer to have a line item about going to chat to her...

There was no mention from the post-upgrade party (again, I would have expected one of them to state something in the post upgrade chat with each of them), or from Merielle Begum . I will be upgrading again soon on the other toon, so will doubly check, but having done 3 in the past couple of months, I am pretty sure I would remember something like that!

There is a marker above Tress but there is no '!' or '?'. Just a diamond shape like the one above the Town cryer or Zen merchant. She is the only one who has a diamond in the bank area. So, you won't miss her if you go to the bank.
    I have just checked one of my toon that finished workshop 4 (for a long time already) but have not tried to get the 2nd chance.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Workshop 4 is more about extra delivery box, bigger crew size of artisans. Karmela herself is not an exciting artisan to spend 5 million. If she is the only reason you would do workshop 4, I would say don't bother.

Since I also cannot complete the quest, I have no way of knowing how good Karmela is or not. Although, someone I talked to that HAD completed the quest -- apparently some players did before Dalish went into hiding, told me the same thing you said @plasticbat -- "not an exciting artisan".

As I remember the storyline, Karmela grew up in the shop and knew all the trades (except gathering as she is not an adventurer). IMHO, the dev's should have made her a 'Legendary' artisan -- able to be used in any profession, except gathering, much the way the Forgehammer works. She would have been a great add-on then the added to the robustness of the quest. Furturemore, they (devs) missed the boat with gathering... We COULD have had Omin Dran as a legendary gatherer... B) His 'special skill' could have been something like a 5% chance to drop an IOU on the player. But, that boat sailed months ago. Rumor has it that it ran ashore somewhere near Chult. =)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger

Since I also cannot complete the quest, I have no way of knowing how good Karmela is or not. Although, someone I talked to that HAD completed the quest -- apparently some players did before Dalish went into hiding, told me the same thing you said @plasticbat -- "not an exciting artisan".

As I remember the storyline, Karmela grew up in the shop and knew all the trades (except gathering as she is not an adventurer). IMHO, the dev's should have made her a 'Legendary' artisan -- able to be used in any profession, except gathering, much the way the Forgehammer works. She would have been a great add-on then the added to the robustness of the quest. Furturemore, they (devs) missed the boat with gathering... We COULD have had Omin Dran as a legendary gatherer... B) His 'special skill' could have been something like a 5% chance to drop an IOU on the player. But, that boat sailed months ago. Rumor has it that it ran ashore somewhere near Chult. =)
    Karmela can be assigned to a chosen profession. She is 385,385,0%,0%. Passion Project: 25% chance to neglect commission in level 70. No idea what she could be in level 80. On the other hand, although she may not be "exciting" as I said, she is not useless. Just not worth spending 5 million commission just because of her.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Dalish appears to be back on the docks in Caer Konig. Might want to talk to him fast before he takes another walkabout.

Still broken:
    - Artisan applications stop at 1 (rarely, 2). At least for me. Oddly, I started a new guy a couple weeks ago, he sometimes gets 2 or (rarely) even 3 new applicants. All my older guys stop at 1, and very rarely, 2.
    - Orders still get cancelled when the delivery box fills up.
    edited September 2019

- Orders still get cancelled when the delivery box fills up.

I still try to figure out the condition to trigger and not to trigger.
    It seems if the same type of the order is more than one, only one will stay.
    It seems gathering does not survive the fill up delivery box.
    I also start to use this as a "feature" because the recent level 80 upgrade. The artisan stat is not updated until the order is 'done'. When the game let him go 'because' the delivery box is filled, his stat is updated and I could use him to do a better task.