test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear that buffs daily power question

autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
I was wondering, if you are wearing gear that gives you more damage upon use of your daily power but your daily power doesn’t produce damage, for example, most of Pally’s daily powers, is the gear not helping your daily power at all? No extra buffs, debuffs?

Also, if you are wearing two items that add damage to your DPs does both actually work?

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I would expect that "upon use of your daily power..." would include all daily powers. Paladins do have 2 damaging daily powers, tho I prefer heroism which doesn't do damage. I would also expect the leading ring which makes dailies do 30% less damage would not effect heroism as well, as heroism adds 10% bonus to damage not actual damage. More damage, +3%, for at wills and encounters, with heroism added when AP allows.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Best rings for a paladin IMO are ebonize assault/ward rings or the shadow stalker. If you don't run heels of fury or the furred kunio than I would run two of the ebonized rings; if you do run with heels and furred than I would run the shadow stalker rings.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    Neither of these replies answered my question. All I want to know does gear (regardless of what class is wearing it) that states it will add damage to your daily power do anything if your daily power is one that doesn't produce damage?
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Test done with Arbiter Cleric
    Wooden Weapon - Ring of Hunter +5 (baseline) vs Ring of Spy Guild (+3% Daily Dmg)
    Hallowed Ground daily with Hunter Ring = 966-992 healing per tick
    Hallowed Ground daily with Spy Guild Ring = 966-992 healing per tick

If anyone else wants to try a different non-damaging daily feel free to add.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Sorry, misunderstood. It helps to know what the actual bonus is. Does it says +x% to daily damage, or when you use a daily power get x% boost? What is the item/buff to test?
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I was guessing they meant "Your Daily Powers deal x% more dmg"
    I don't have easy access to Ring of Offensive Action to test the "When you use a daily power, your dmg increases by x%", and don't know of anything else that gives such bonus.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment

Neither of these replies answered my question. All I want to know does gear (regardless of what class is wearing it) that states it will add damage to your daily power do anything if your daily power is one that doesn't produce damage?

If the daily power does zero damage and the item buffs daily power when you multiple a value by zero it is still zero.

Since your daily does zero any buff item that buffs your daily won't make your daily or you do more damage unless the item states after daily use you do X more damage.
    karvare said:

Sorry, misunderstood. It helps to know what the actual bonus is. Does it says +x% to daily damage, or when you use a daily power get x% boost? What is the item/buff to test?

For example, if my cleric has the "Prized Ring of the Cult" equiped that states "Your Daily Powers do 3% more damage" and she uses her daily power "Hallowed Ground" which states "Sanctify a circle around you which reduces damage taken by allies within by 10%" Does this mean that she will get no bonus what so ever from the "Prized Ring of the Cult"?

karvare said:

For example, if my cleric has the "Prized Ring of the Cult" equiped that states "Your Daily Powers do 3% more damage" and she uses her daily power "Hallowed Ground" which states "Sanctify a circle around you which reduces damage taken by allies within by 10%" Does this mean that she will get no bonus what so ever from the "Prized Ring of the Cult"?
    If the daily does zero the ring won't work. If you are a dps with a daily that does damage such as Ice Knife for Wizard than Ice Knife would get a 3% buff. I did list the better rings to use than the rings that buff the damage of daily powers.

Shadow Stalker and the Ebonized Raid, Assault, Ward and Restoration rings are better with Assault and Ward for melee damage dealers and Restoration and Raid for range damage dealers.

karvare said:

If the daily does zero the ring won't work. If you are a dps with a daily that does damage such as Ice Knife for Wizard than Ice Knife would get a 3% buff. I did list the better rings to use than the rings that buff the damage of daily powers.

Shadow Stalker and the Ebonized Raid, Assault, Ward and Restoration rings are better with Assault and Ward for melee damage dealers and Restoration and Raid for range damage dealers.
    I'm more interested in gear that buffs/helps healing or other defensive buffs. Which aren't many apparently.
  • thekfdcase#5416 thekfdcase Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Yeah, the effectively near total nuking of buffing/debuffing with Mod 16 is why I quit playing my DC (secondary) just as I had become reasonably proficient with it, and had started to enjoy the class.

The orbital strike nerfing of my GWF and permanently limiting his crit. chance to at best half of what he had, saw me quit NW permanently unless a near total reverse occurs. (Something I don't expect since it goes against Cryptic's hubris, and its waning dev resources.)

#GameOver
    edited September 2019

Yeah, the effectively near total nuking of buffing/debuffing with Mod 16 is why I quit playing my DC (secondary) just as I had become reasonably proficient with it, and had started to enjoy the class.

The orbital strike nerfing of my GWF and permanently limiting his crit. chance to at best half of what he had, saw me quit NW permanently unless a near total reverse occurs. (Something I don't expect since it goes against Cryptic's hubris, and its waning dev resources.)

#GameOver

This was the only MMO I have played that allowed players 100% crit chance. Most games allowed up to 50% if that and that change was needed. As it stands right now, they lowered all enemies health and the damage they did also got adjusted. IMO content is to easy and should be adjusted further.

The devs have stated that they will be fixing the damage formula and it will make us do more damage but enemies will also do more damage. This is something I hope happens. I also hope the devs make it so enemies can crit. The only issue I have with this update is it will make content harder for players that are not fully geared or ones that have not raised up their defensive stats.

I have been in many LoMM where the dps don't have enough defense and they die way to easily. Yet they are over 200K power and all other stats meet the needed value to be in LoMM. If you die enough you are out of the fight or if you can't take the big hit from being int he cocoon on the first boss you are also out. I had a player full health but do to low defense that big hit when the cocoon is released killed them every time. They swapped out their 2nd chocker collar for the defense belt and they did not die when being released from the cocoon.

My biggest gripe from mod 16 was that with all the removing of the buffing I was hoping with a bard class in the near future the devs would have created the buffer role. If they did that I was hoping the wizard would have been one of the buffers as I prefer playing a buffer/debuffer in MMO games. No role was created and instead I get to play a dps on my wizard.

I like you had a cleric. In fact my cleric was maxed out with all R14 and had BiS gear, etc... I loved playing my cleric but mod 16 hit preview and I instantly stopped playing my cleric and sold everything off her. The same for my GF. I only kept playing my wizard.

Just this week I moved all of my enchantments from my wizard to my cleric and played my cleric as a healer for two or three days. I gave up after the 3rd day. It was just to boring and frustrating as many damage dealers lack any awareness in content and simply die to standing in the red areas which are the harder hits and of course those players blame the healer for their actions. It doesn't help they lack defense to be in the red area. My wizard has 80K defense, so standing in a red area I may lose 50-75% of my health, health stone and I'm good. The damage dealers I have been running with use zero potions and didn't even have 50k defense. So imagine a big hit taking off 50% of my wizard 300K health with above required defense and seeing that same on a player with 200K HP and under 50K defense. The later always seems to be dead.

As others have recommended we need to have a stat check beyond IL as the factor to get into content. The issue is if the devs did this, many high end players wouldn't be able to get into lower content do to scaling. Devs need to tweak the game still.

As someone that enjoyed the buffing of GF, AC DC and MoF CW I am fairly close to just quitting; I am hoping a buff role will be added. I'm waiting to see if it will be added when and if the bard class is ever released and if it is added, what classes will take on that role. If it is a wizard I may stick around; if the role is not added, I am more than likely wont' play NWO come mod 18.
  • thekfdcase#5416 thekfdcase Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > (Quote)
    > This was the only MMO I have played that allowed players 100% crit chance. Most games allowed up to 50% if that and that change was needed. As it stands right now, they lowered all enemies health and the damage they did also got adjusted. IMO content is to easy and should be adjusted further.
    >
    > The devs have stated that they will be fixing the damage formula and it will make us do more damage but enemies will also do more damage. This is something I hope happens. I also hope the devs make it so enemies can crit. The only issue I have with this update is it will make content harder for players that are not fully geared or ones that have not raised up their defensive stats.
    >
    > I have been in many LoMM where the dps don't have enough defense and they die way to easily. Yet they are over 200K power and all other stats meet the needed value to be in LoMM. If you die enough you are out of the fight or if you can't take the big hit from being int he cocoon on the first boss you are also out. I had a player full health but do to low defense that big hit when the cocoon is released killed them every time. They swapped out their 2nd chocker collar for the defense belt and they did not die when being released from the cocoon.
    >
    > My biggest gripe from mod 16 was that with all the removing of the buffing I was hoping with a bard class in the near future the devs would have created the buffer role. If they did that I was hoping the wizard would have been one of the buffers as I prefer playing a buffer/debuffer in MMO games. No role was created and instead I get to play a dps on my wizard.
    >
    > I like you had a cleric. In fact my cleric was maxed out with all R14 and had BiS gear, etc... I loved playing my cleric but mod 16 hit preview and I instantly stopped playing my cleric and sold everything off her. The same for my GF. I only kept playing my wizard.
    >
    > Just this week I moved all of my enchantments from my wizard to my cleric and played my cleric as a healer for two or three days. I gave up after the 3rd day. It was just to boring and frustrating as many damage dealers lack any awareness in content and simply die to standing in the red areas which are the harder hits and of course those players blame the healer for their actions. It doesn't help they lack defense to be in the red area. My wizard has 80K defense, so standing in a red area I may lose 50-75% of my health, health stone and I'm good. The damage dealers I have been running with use zero potions and didn't even have 50k defense. So imagine a big hit taking off 50% of my wizard 300K health with above required defense and seeing that same on a player with 200K HP and under 50K defense. The later always seems to be dead.
    >
    > As others have recommended we need to have a stat check beyond IL as the factor to get into content. The issue is if the devs did this, many high end players wouldn't be able to get into lower content do to scaling. Devs need to tweak the game still.
    >
    > As someone that enjoyed the buffing of GF, AC DC and MoF CW I am fairly close to just quitting; I am hoping a buff role will be added. I'm waiting to see if it will be added when and if the bard class is ever released and if it is added, what classes will take on that role. If it is a wizard I may stick around; if the role is not added, I am more than likely wont' play NWO come mod 18.

Disagree. *You* may be of the opinion that it was needed. Hell, even the devs might be of that opinion. Yet that opinion is the root cause of the destruction of the things that were (past tense - R.I.P. fast action combat, fun solo gameplay, buffing/debuffing, more engaging feat choices, hell, feat choices that actually compliment powers which actually worked, and the list goes on and on and on) fun with NW, and set it somewhat apart from its competition (which wipes the floor with it in pretty much all other areas every day of the week, and twice on Sundays).

I will give this initiative one thing: it's killing the game more thoroughly than active sabotage, and it's succeeded in putting me off playing and spending money on NW. I suppose I should almost express thanks: my free time is now leisurely instead of grindy, I'm enjoying life more, and my book writing is progressing nicely. 😁
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Such bonuses as +3% to Daily damage won't do anything for a Daily that doesn't do damage.
    BUT...

SHOULD the bonus apply to Dailies that don't DO damage, but instead BUFF damage?

Using the Pally again as example... Heroism increases damage dealt by 10%.

Should a ring or whatever that gives a +XX% to Daily damage add to the damage buff gained from a Daily?
    I'm not sure whether I think it should or shouldn't... not sure how open to abuse that would be, if at all?

I dunno. But maybe it's worth thinking about. Might make such items more of an option.