test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Losing stacks when you are revived

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
I know that you lose all buffs when revived but is that fair on a dps cleric that has lost 3 stacks of his perfect balance and is now left with an empty divinity bar?

OR

A warlock that loses all its stacks that it requires for healing ? I have heard that they also have issues with stacks.

Other classes don't rely on stacks to maintain their dps/healing at all times, pretty sure not as much as the above two.

Could we perhaps not lose the stacks? It's not like the above 2 are over performing in their dps or healing for this to be an issue.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I think you are considered dead but then revived. Your number of death increased by one although you were revived. When you die, you lose a lot of stuff such as potion buff, etc. The difference is you are revived on the spot instead of on the camp fire.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    In my quite biased opinion,
    in the above scenarios, Arbiter Cleric should lose the Perfect Balance stacks since many stackable buffs are lost upon death (Wizard Arcane Mastery, Warlock Soul Investiture to name a couple)
    however, Soulweaver Warlock should not lose their remaining Soul Sparks on death, as Cleric (maybe paladin, I don't actually play one to know for sure) do not lose their Divinity remaining on death.

Just want a bit of consistency pls.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User

in the above scenarios, Arbiter Cleric should lose the Perfect Balance stacks since many stackable buffs are lost upon death (Wizard Arcane Mastery, Warlock Soul Investiture to name a couple)
    however, Soulweaver Warlock should not lose their remaining Soul Sparks on death, as Cleric (maybe paladin, I don't actually play one to know for sure) do not lose their Divinity remaining on death.

The difference is:
    when Warlock login, s/he has no Soul sparks. S/he starts to gain it.
    when Paladin login, his/her Divinity is full. S/he starts to lose it.

Now, the question is: when Paladin is revived, does s/he get a full divinity or just the remaining divinity?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Just to clarify, my discussion is about being revived in a fight by an ally and not at a campfire.

There are too many one shot mechanics added into the game now and I can only speak for a dps cleric. I know that by losing my stacks i am literally left with hardly any dps (maybe 5% of my dps) 15-20 seconds. This varies depending on how many stacks i lose but the stacks are a form of our dps. They don't work as a buff or are not tied to one single ability, the divinity bar is literally our dps like its healing for the devout/pally. But the devout again which i can speak for, does not need any form of stacks to manage its divinity/healing.

We work like warlocks here because we generate stacks to do dps, whilst warlocks generate them to do healing. I would actually say that warlock takes priority here because healing is mandatory in certain situations and you usually only have 1 healer, so imagine dying as a warlock healer at bore worm.

Also losing just stacks that buff ur dps for a small percentage as in Wizard's case is again completely different to the above situations. The above 2 classes require the stacks to function, the stacks for wizard are just another form of damage. I know you can't balance reviving perfectly, but as of right now, the above 2 classes suffer much more greatly by dying and that itself ruins the consistency. Consistency doesn't mean everything is the same, in this situation, consistency should be that every class is impacted as equally as possible when being revived in a fight.

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears and even if this may be a few minutes coding job, i know and have experienced it already that it might take months or forever. Just felt like mentioning it here.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Seconded that healer 'locks deserve to keep their sparks upon death. Losing all of them is unnecessarily harsh because, when I am out of divinity as a cleric, I know it is my fault for not managing it better. When a heal 'lock loses all of his sparks, it is because he died and that cannot be always his fault: Tanks can lose aggro, groups can pull more than they can handle, and sometimes the game just lags out.