test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After todays patch, can't advance jewelcrafting quest past "The Daily Grind" quest

robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
I delivered the materials to Artisan in SH. Quest will not advance to next step
Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Which materials did you turn in?
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User

Which materials did you turn in?

The ones required for the quest. After making them, quest prompts, " Deliver Materials to The Artisan"
  • honeya#3882 honeya Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I've been stuck on the exact point for ages..
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this up to the rest of the team.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    > @robtn said:
    > The ones required for the quest. After making them, quest prompts, " Deliver Materials to The Artisan"

There are multiple parts to that quest:
    Part 1 - Raw Gold Ingots +1 and Black Opals +1
    Part 2 - Gold Hairpin +1, Black Opal Choker +1, and Drakehorn Ring +1

Which is why I asked what you turned in. If you only turned in part 1, you still need to craft and turn in part 2 before the quest is complete.

If you have turned in both then there is definitely a problem.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Also note that *all* of the Artisan quest Journal entries list the items in reverse order of progress. By this I mean, he asks you for 5 of X, you turn them in and it says the Artisan has received 5 of X, the Artisan needs 5 of X , the Artisan needs A, B and C. .... the artisan only needs A, B and C because you already delivered 5 of X (even though the quest step order makes it sound like you still need to do it).
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey @robtn! Our team took a look and it seems like your black opal +1 are protected so it can't count towards the quest :) Hope that helps!

Hey @robtn! Our team took a look and it seems like your black opal +1 are protected so it can't count towards the quest :) Hope that helps!

I'm stuck at the same spot on the same quest and my black opals are protected also but I already turned those in on that part of the quest and made and tried to turn in the next three items:
    And that's the part that will not progress, even though I made those items and have the instruction that it's complete and to turn it in to the artisan. I turn it in and then nothing.
    Thank you for your attention.

I'm stuck at the same spot on the same quest and my black opals are protected also but I already turned those in on that part of the quest and made and tried to turn in the next three items:
    And that's the part that will not progress, even though I made those items and have the instruction that it's complete and to turn it in to the artisan. I turn it in and then nothing.
    Thank you for your attention.

I should have tested it before I commented I apologise. I logged in and unprotected the black opals to see if that solved the problem and it did! Thank you so much! =)<3:3

• robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User

TY for looking. Yes, that was the problem. Quest continued now. (big) :)

Woot! Glad this got resolved for you both!