test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with Campaign

gracetown1gracetown1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi, can somebody give me a quick steer. I've come back to the game after a prolonged absence and I'm trying to get caught up with the Campaigns. I'm in the Drowned Shore trying to collect 'fanatical writings' to progress one of the campaigns, but I'm not offered any quests. Is it the case that when you're level is too high, you can't get quests in certain areas and therefore, can't complete campaigns that you missed when levelling? Thanks...

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Was your "prolonged absence" before February 2018?

They removed quests in the Elemental Evil campaign at or near the February 2018 patch and it only mentions it as such;
    Level 60-70 Experience Re-Smoothing

We've taken another pass on the experience curve and the general feel of levels 60-70. The content has had various minor updates to smooth out gameplay, while the experience requirements to get from level 60 to 70 have been drastically reduced.

Note that the experience rewards from Elemental Evil and other post-60 content, which were much higher than other content, have also been reduced proportionally.

They completely screwed up one of my characters in the Fiery Pit as I came back short 1 corrupted text to finish. I ended up buying the character a campaign completion token to repair it myself and never got so much as a "We are sorry." from the developer. Don't bother begging support for help either as they refused to assist me and placed the blame on the developers.

I hope you are not in that same tiny percentile as I was. I hope you are like my friend who was able to finish his EE campaign. Here is a link to the wiki page of quests for this campaign. I placed notations on the quests removed, at least the ones I know for sure.

Best Wishes! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • gracetown1gracetown1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. The situation with me is, I am level 66 at present, in terms of this campaign, I have very little completed. I basically have the first bit of the Drowned Shore done, 'Defeat Morgan Shivertimber' and nothing else. I need a certain number of these fanatical writings to get the next bit underway, I think, but I have no idea where to go to get this campaign rolling again. Can you suggest what I need to do next?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If you killed Morgan Shivertimber, Goldseeker's Folly is where you left off. The next 2 lines on the wiki listing are;

Scaly Persuasion given by Lanric, turned into Lanric for 1 Fanatical Writings.
    Caravan Vengeance given by Ranolf Kemp, turned into Ranolf Kemp for 1 Fanatical Writings.

Most of these NPC's are at the second campfire. If you cannot find your contact there, I would move on to the 3rd and final campfire.

wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Is it the case that when you're level is too high, you can't get quests in certain areas and therefore, can't complete campaigns that you missed when levelling? Thanks...

You can adjust a setting in your journal that will allow quests/quest givers you've out-leveled to show up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.