test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sybella Artis - A Star Trek Online crossover?

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
OK, so I think Sybella is a transplant or a crossover from STO, because she is breaking the temporal prime directive.
She is physically in 2 places at the same time.

She is located in her 3rd Eye campaign spot underneath the Halls of Justice, and at the same time located in the little pagoda where Sgt Knox used to be.

Is it possible to get her re-integrated and put her in one place?

Maybe after a character completes the 3rd Eye campaign she can move to the pagoda and have full access from there for all characters that get to 80?

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Not unlike:
    Harper Boward that is in PE and in Well of Dragons
    Many of the other Faction leaders are both in PE and WoD
    Dragons killed in WoD do not count toward weekly Dragon killings ...
    Your Workshop Retainer that is in the workshop and in the enchantment shop if you leave the mission with Tress without speaking to him.
    ... and several other NPCs that have been 're-employed' as new areas were introduced.

I believe the rationale is that it was too difficult to modify Sybilla's Third Eye dialog panel to add the Legacy Campaign logic to it. Besides they needed an excuse to move Knox, make the post-event dias look empty, and crowd as many mounts in as little space as possible.

imho, all of it was totally unnecessary busywork that would have been better spent resolving bugs that are over 9 months old.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Different points in the timeline.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I like Sybella Artis.
    More Sybella Artises is a good thing.

She ought to be an augment companion come to think of it.
  • perlchaser#7290 perlchaser Member Posts: 13 Arc User

I like Sybella Artis.
    More Sybella Artises is a good thing.

She ought to be an augment companion come to think of it.

Yes, like Celeste. She is everywhere!
    If they replaced those Acquisitions Incorporated idiots with Sybella, Serissa, and...? maybe that halfling pirate guy from the Pirate's Skyhold, I'd be more likely to bother with it.

I can't handle Celeste, though.
    Her voice grates on my soul.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Hmm.. those are all good ideas about Celeste, and @frogwalloper#6494 - you took the words right out my mouth ;)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    You cannot prove they are in 2 places at the same time unless you are in 2 places at the same time. It can mean they use their newer version of portal faster and more efficient than you are. You won't understand that. It is all magic.
    :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

You cannot prove they are in 2 places at the same time unless you are in 2 places at the same time. It can mean they use their newer version of portal faster and more efficient than you are. You won't understand that. It is all magic.

Okay, Jim. You and your "crazy wizard stuff".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

If they replaced those Acquisitions Incorporated idiots with Sybella, Serissa, and...? maybe that halfling pirate guy from the Pirate's Skyhold, I'd be more likely to bother with it.

I can't handle Celeste, though.
    Her voice grates on my soul.

I think it's kinda smexy…
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Not unlike:
    Harper Boward that is in PE and in Well of Dragons
    Many of the other Faction leaders are both in PE and WoD
    Dragons killed in WoD do not count toward weekly Dragon killings ...

I told my son that I would like it if I could turn in my quests to both copies of Harper Boward. For example; I am in WoD and I complete Culling the Cultist, it says, to turn in to Harper Boward but they mean the one in PE. He said, they can't do that because of reasons with the database and it looks at them as two separate entities with the same name. I still would like them to set it up that way. It feels dumb to run back to town to see her twin.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There are a few times where a questgiver character spawns in an instance as a friendly mob. Shrine of Mielikki in Lonelywood always does this. Sometimes Beuenor shows up to help in Maze Engine instances. When you complete the quest, the game tells you to return... to the person standing next to you.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Yeah, that is kind of comical too.
    edited September 2019
    pitshade said:

There are a few times where a questgiver character spawns in an instance as a friendly mob. Shrine of Mielikki in Lonelywood always does this. Sometimes Beuenor shows up to help in Maze Engine instances. When you complete the quest, the game tells you to return... to the person standing next to you.

You mean you need me ("the quest giver") to haul this item all the way back home? No way.
    1. I am going to pay you. Hence, you better earn it.
    2. You think I would be carrying your reward everywhere. Who am I? A walking warehouse? My NPC VIP version X only gives me a quick jumping portal so that I can arrive ahead of you to dig up the reward. No bank portal. Yes, those cheap game writer. They don't know how stressful it is.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Imagined Celeste voiced by Barbera Stanwyck, tough salty voice.
    @wylonus .... thats just wrong.... so very wrong :p
    What's so wrong with that?
    I could see Celeste with that kind of voice. I think I'd prefer it.
    You want tough and salty, though - Shohreh Aghdashloo. There's a voice that'll straighten you out good - make you say, "Yes, Madame," and "No, Madame. Please don't crush me beneath your heel, Madame."
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I always figured she was Neverember's niece or maybe illegitimate daughter.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
    TIMELINE CHANGE IMMINENT!

Oh, I'm in the wrong forum.

@ambassadorkael#6946 first I must say, well played.

Second... this is not the Mirror universe, or a subspace sub-layer. ;)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

*@ambassadorkael#6946 casts teleport*

I think he is Q.

I think he is Q.
    Now that's an unpleasant thought, and one would think the Q continuum would have learned its lessons :p
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Q is a rip-off from Marvel comic's Beyonder. i like his quote in one of Xmen series, he said, (phoenix in form of Rachel Summers). wrote by Chris Claremont.
    "We had met before, That new born star and I"....
    Post edited by wylonus on
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Maybe she is astral projecting or maybe sending an illusionary copy of herself to great people at Knox's Old Questing place. Easy to explain with magic.
    She could also have a starship in geo-synchronus orbit above PE and use a site to site transport.

The possibilities are endless ;)
    edited October 2019

She could also have a starship in geo-synchronus orbit above PE and use a site to site transport.

The possibilities are endless ;)

May be her startship is parked in Stardock and Gith is doing the maintenance on Thursday. :)
    Oooooo what a plot twist ;)