test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boons allocated -no item level increase.

tosspot#0634 tosspot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
i allocated two boons on the character page and my Item Level did not increase.
the boons were allocated to Tier 4 Captains Training and Tier 4 Accuracy.
i am sorry, i did not notice if there was a corresponding Stat increase or not.

Boons Allocated.

Expected result: Item Level increase of 225 points

Observed result: no item level increase

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Boons Allocated.

Where were you? Are you in somewhere like PE or a scaled zone?
    I assume you committed the change.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tosspot#0634 tosspot Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Boons Allocated.

Where were you? Are you in somewhere like PE or a scaled zone?
    I assume you committed the change.
    yes. i commited the change, i was not aware it hadnt worked.
    i do not remember where i was.. i would think Protectors Enclave because i wanted a correct read on my Item Level. either way.. the IL increase does not exist now when i am in PE.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    This happened to me a few minutes ago. I was in PE and used a Retraining Token to change some boons, and my IL dropped around 300 points.
    2fv72Fw.png
    edited September 2019
    exgardian said:

This happened to me a few minutes ago. I was in PE and used a Retraining Token to change some boons, and my IL dropped around 300 points.

as near as i can tell, different boons have different IL points. if you changed how boons were allocated you could easily end up with a different IL total
    edited September 2019

exgardian said:

as near as i can tell, different boons have different IL points. if you changed how boons were allocated you could easily end up with a different IL total
    No.

Every boon point added in Campaign page, adds 25 IL.

The PvP and SH boons I don't change.
    2fv72Fw.png
    edited September 2019
    exgardian said:

exgardian said:

No.

that isnt what my boons page says. they dont add in campaign page anymore.
    key 'C'. click 'Boons'. hover cursor over 'Tier 4, Captains Training' it says item level 125. hover over 'Tier 4, Accuracy' it says item level 100.
    what else could this mean?

Edit: this may be a total. as i have 5 in one and 4 in the other.
    in which case my bug report is probably null and void

exgardian said:

exgardian said:

No.

that isnt what my boons page says. they dont add in campaign page anymore.
    key 'C'. click 'Boons'. hover cursor over 'Tier 4, Captains Training' it says item level 125. hover over 'Tier 4, Accuracy' it says item level 100.
    what else could this mean?

Edit: this may be a total. as i have 5 in one and 4 in the other.
    in which case my bug report is probably null and void
    No. I think is not.

My main char's current IL is 27028, but after I use the Retraining Token and realocate all my boons, including PvP boons (and SH boons although unnecessary), my IL drops to 26728 and I still don't know why.

2fv72Fw.png
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Each boon increases IL by 25 points. This is a double-edged sword. IF you need IL, then its great for the increase. When players do NOT need the extra IL, it turns many boons into penalties.

Rationale: Each IL = 10 stat points. Whenever we get our IL reduced... we lose 10 statpoints ( distributed proportionally or equally, im not sure ). This means if you add 250 power with a boon, but your in a IL reduction area... you are gonna have 250 stat points removed... so you gained nothing.

Its worse, in fact. If you already have all your good boons and decide to raise deflection by 250 points with the next boon... It causes you to lose more important stats like power when your IL gets reduced.

TO ME... this is not a BUG, It is a failure of our current system to turn boons into benefits properly.
  • maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    HP boons does not give Ilvl as for now.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085 each boon is scaled individually. For example, you have five points in the Tier 1 Power boon (125il, 1250 points), and you run Merchant Prince's Folly (campaign boons will be scaled to 60il in that skirmish), you'll receive 600 points for that boon. Let's say for the Tier 4 Power boon you only have 2 points allocated (50il, 500 points). In MPF, that boon does not reach the threshold and will still give the full 500 points.
  • hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    That is what I am wondering. I did the repel demons in the maze campaign so I am supposed to pick 5 boons out of the maze campaign yet it only lets me pick 8 for tier 1 and nothing else can't open any campaigns or go up in tiers. What happen to all the other boons I had before? Suddenly they are not there and I have only 8 boons for tier one. Now how am I supposed to finish the quest repel demons in the maze campaign go I can get the next part of the maze campaign part 5 and up of the quest, if they stopped giving out boons?
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    @hughpuppies#4539 , advancement in the campaign does not depend on the number of boons you have total. Claim the one boon from Repel Demons and the next series of quests will be available. The Maze Engine campaign quests only advance if you have earned enough Adventure scrolls, nothing else matters to the quest line. Sometimes it takes a day before Bruenor has the next quests available (for the Faction one).
    How can I claim the next boom when I have no option to pick from? I am saying it does not give me the repel demons option. When I open campaigns all I get are thew tiers and nothing else at the bottom it says 8 points spent next level at 10. I used to have most of the booms before, now that I started playing again 2 months ago, I only have tiers, nothing else to click on except stronghold and pvp that is it and I can't do any in all 3 of them. No options to choose from. Weird I had at the time almost all the boom points now I only have 8 since coming back and no, I did not make a new character, I am using the same one as I did before.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

Each boon increases IL by 25 points. This is a double-edged sword. IF you need IL, then its great for the increase. When players do NOT need the extra IL, it turns many boons into penalties.

Rationale: Each IL = 10 stat points. Whenever we get our IL reduced... we lose 10 statpoints ( distributed proportionally or equally, im not sure ). This means if you add 250 power with a boon, but your in a IL reduction area... you are gonna have 250 stat points removed... so you gained nothing.

Its worse, in fact. If you already have all your good boons and decide to raise deflection by 250 points with the next boon... It causes you to lose more important stats like power when your IL gets reduced.

TO ME... this is not a BUG, It is a failure of our current system to turn boons into benefits properly.

Egad. :(
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    I think you are referring to the Mod 16 reconfiguration/resetting of everyone's character configuration. This is a new boon system where all you get are points each time you complete something. There are no more 'trees' where one boon depends on another (aside from the tiers that require the lower level to have 10 points allocated before the next set of options are available). They don't match the old system at all.

A, the server is down so I can't look at the interface as is. B, I've only done Tyranny and Maze and a few Sharandar quests so I've only gained 9 points as well. I believe 8 from Maze is correct. Everything you had prior to mod 16 dropping doesn't matter. We all lived through the pain together. I understood 'Repel Demons' as the title of the box in the campaign progress Journal page, not the name of the boon in my response to you.
    Thanks for the response. Looks like I will not be able to advance the Maze quest, since I can't add anymore booms.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @hughpuppies#4539 you don't need boons to advance the campaign. You get boons while advancing in the campaign. To advance the campaign, you need to do the required dailies.
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I reported this weeks back..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251247/hp-boons-do-not-give-il

I got it when changing over to the HP boons..
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    yea.. hp boons are no giving any iL, it happened to me when i made a tomm build, i should be 25.2k but im 300 Gs under in that build (it seem to not affect my stats he 300 Gs less or more)