test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overpowered Armor Enchantment and Artifact

Comments

• jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

See how distort you are from PvP.. you are joining a aggressive enviroment, and not a place where you throw the white flag and call it quits, u have a solo mentality, mine its not altruistic, but it doesnt find excuses. You preach of much nonsense, but none of you spent time to teach, invest and much more in new players, you guys think that veterans are tryin to push away new players, its actually the opposite, i can only tell you this, that teaching players to quit they will never learn, and also you should just have to make a difference between good players, currently there are prob 3-4 veteran players in the queues, and 100% you and jon koca are losing all your matches to them, and its not bcuz of shadowclad or sigil, its because of your own mentality, and not to mention attitude, do you think any of veteran players care about their kills or deaths? U confuse veteran players with kings of pvp, hear me out, the way PvP is now, and the way you guys handled it for the past 2 years with solo queue, i havent seen any new blood in PvP to show any skill, if you are average you will stay average, and i'm not telling you to stop from PvPing, im telling you to step up ur level, level up to Veterans level, currently 1 player i ve seen doing really great out of all of you, and thats Blackmore, you guys should learn from him, and stop followin wrong mentalities.. anyway you want PvP to be competitive, lesrn from veterans, learn from them, because they have more experience than any of you, and cureently none of you are right about node trading, this should be stopped, and hopefully thia will be adressed by developers.

I predate solo queue. GG and the spirit of laying off early predates solo queue. Trading nodes predates solo queue. Though before it was to allow the losing team to get to the 600 point minimum so they'd get a little glory and the daily completion awards.

Your post is borderline rambling. You point to 4 people being above the rest. It's just a game dude, you need to breath a little.

And since you are willing to throw 99% of the community under the bus with your "there are only 3-4 veterans in the queue" I'll leave you with this:

If you go through your day and you meet an a-hole, then you meet an a-hole. If you think everyone is an a-hole, you're the a-hole.

But all good. You do you and continue your crusade. Swapping nodes to meet requirements has been in this game as long as I remember. If you want this to be the 'hill you die on', knock yourself out. I'm sure the people at the local watering hole swoon at your exploits in an MMO PvP arena.
  • animamundi24animamundi24 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Attacking the Shadowclad user feels like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-BZYx-11TE
    Post edited by animamundi24 on
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    3rd on the leaderboard when I quit tonight. No shadowclad, no op sigil. Feeling good. Gratz to Blackmore who's in with a bullet at number one.

How you doing Barb..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Drains can be used by everyone easily, but when playing PvP for example against ppl with sigil and shadowclad, they can still be killed and it doesnt affect gameplay or class mechanics as much, but with Drains its a different story, theres literally no investment, and if people say to you not to use, just dont.

And if I do use drains, kill you, remove the drains because you're whining about it, and I kill you again, what then? No one has the right to dictate to other players how they play. Full stop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    jaboboh said:

I predate solo queue. GG and the spirit of laying off early predates solo queue. Trading nodes predates solo queue. Though before it was to allow the losing team to get to the 600 point minimum so they'd get a little glory and the daily completion awards.

Your post is borderline rambling. You point to 4 people being above the rest. It's just a game dude, you need to breath a little.

And since you are willing to throw 99% of the community under the bus with your "there are only 3-4 veterans in the queue" I'll leave you with this:

If you go through your day and you meet an a-hole, then you meet an a-hole. If you think everyone is an a-hole, you're the a-hole.

But all good. You do you and continue your crusade. Swapping nodes to meet requirements has been in this game as long as I remember. If you want this to be the 'hill you die on', knock yourself out. I'm sure the people at the local watering hole swoon at your exploits in an MMO PvP arena.

...but apparently not above using known broken equipment.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

What can't you understand?

Basically everything you've said up to this point. But it's all good. I've just assumed they were troll posts anyway. We will just have to agree to disagree (I'm sure you won't agree to that either, but it was worth a shot). As for the reporting, well it's been that way since as long as I can remember without a word from the devs about it.

I'm sure you're more than capable of changing their minds on the subject.

are you serious?

When you are playing any sort of sport, any sort of game, there are going to be KNOWN RULES, not necessarly all the time spoken... and when you play with the same 50-100 players per day, those rules are becoming more or less a courtesy, you are respecting PVP and wishing wealth and grow.. but i understand your mentality, and this is the mentality that many like you had in the past, and what happend in the past is that they used all of these items and ruined PVP, and guess what they realized it that late... so should other players dictate to others? Obviously... it's like a normal thing to have these rules settled.. just listen to Veterans or prove you are better, but currently none of you are proving or showing any signs of doing better... There are items that we do not allow, because they are gamebreaking... Currently Shadowclad/Sigil of the Paladin, players can still be kileld through them, even 1v1 or 2v1... but Drains are ruining Mechanics AP/Stamina, when fightin on middle node you can't dodge/ u cant cast a daily that can save your team, because of that reason.

Anyway keep blabering, but your mentality is the one that is toxic in PVP, it can be good in PvE where you fight NPCs, but in PVP it will not do any of us a favor.

Show me the PvP Rule Manual as laid down by Cryptic.

And I'm sorry, it was the toxic atmosphere in PvP, starting with leveling PvP, that drove me away. "Toxic", as I said elsewhere, has nothing to do with who does what. It has to do with the personalities, the comments, and other HAMSTER that the PvPers spewed that created that atmosphere to begin with. No helpful suggestions after of what players could do to improve, or other gears they should try, no "good fight" or "good game" unless the game was called on account of cap trading. But lots of "don't help that noob", "gank them again", etc.
    ROFLStomping pugs... There's a reason that term comes up when discussing PvP, but you keep looking at it through your rose colored glasses.
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > (Quote)
    > Show me the PvP Rule Manual as laid down by Cryptic.
    >
    > And I'm sorry, it was the toxic atmosphere in PvP, starting with leveling PvP, that drove me away. "Toxic", as I said elsewhere, has nothing to do with who does what. It has to do with the personalities, the comments, and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that the PvPers spewed that created that atmosphere to begin with. No helpful suggestions after of what players could do to improve, or other gears they should try, no "good fight" or "good game" unless the game was called on account of cap trading. But lots of "don't help that noob", "gank them again", etc.

There's no official rule manual, there are rules agreed on by players with some basic decency, unspoken rules.

I think it's funny that you complain about toxicity, yet approve of players using drains. Speaking of which, if you've ever played a real PvP game, you would know that some toxicity is always present and it's simply an inseparable part of it.

If you want suggestions on builds and such, maybe try directly messaging those that perform well? That's how I did it when I was new, I messaged people, even those from the hated elitist guilds and I've never gotten laughed at or insulted. I've received lots of advice that helped me create a proper build and I've made friends. Because my experience is, if I try to explain to people what they're doing wrong and what they should change, in a completely neutral tone, they usually take it as an insult and I get nasty replies.

Everyone has their own definition of what saying GG means. Obviously in a premade or an in-house, it's basically the same thing as shaking hands when the match is over. In a pug match, it can mean different things. I don't think it's something you should require from pugs.
    Why are drains toxic? Drains don't talk. Drains don't exhibit poor sportsmanship.

And where you buy the drains you can also buy wards against them. Funny that.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    so is the second place broken enchament
    greywynd said:

Why are drains toxic? Drains don't talk. Drains don't exhibit poor sportsmanship.

wrong stamina / action point Drains are the embodiment of poor sportsmanship !!!!!!!!!!

new blood getting into the pvp game has no such guild and no such wards to counter/ purchase them til very very high level / investment .. there are level 1 and 2 wards requiring very very high guild level ..

Only cowards use drains .. its Like saying have this ward (essentialy be the same guild level as me ) and i will fight you on an even playing field .. .dont have a stamina drain wards ? ...then you deserve to lose by being completely immobilized and your dailies stripped ....and perhaps not even know why you lost a pvp match as a nub ..and then say screw this no fair and quit ,.

you also dont realize that the drains were draining more then the ward was countering ? ..(also adjustable by guild boons)
    so your logic is flawed bro... wards are not a direct counter to drains .Funny that

. you have never tested them.. you have never used them.. you are just arguing for the sake of arguing .

You are forgetting this is providing the player is in high enough level guild to purchase the wards and has the surplus guild marks to do so ..
    that is the issue for new player starting out they are toxic as they is no counter to them available and therefore the playing field is not level ... they already have been nerfed 3 or 4 times in effectiveness by the devs over several mods(an admission of brokenness ) . and were the devs old solution to tone down to run away power creap in pvp

the current mod 17 pvp already has action point gain and stamina gain severely reduced mimicing what drains one were once meant to do evenly on all players now..but they were not replaced on the guild boon table yet for something else so are still purchasbale if you will ..but if you use them you are just counting on someone being inferior to you and not having wards so you can fight a target dummy / not care if you get drained yourself

I already wrote an entire post on the philosophy of drains perhaps you should read it

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251208/911-overload-drains-are-broken-in-pvp-and-their-associated-guild-boons-plz-remove-them

I have not seen many if any people at all using them in the pre pvp season on pc
    due to heavy lobbying over the years
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

No, you can't. At least not match the drains when they have guild lvl 10 pvp boon making it upto 30+%? Drain wards counter 20% of their %, not overall. So I can negate a 1/5 of the drain, thanks.
  • valmunter99#8413 valmunter99 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @barbie i think you are in the wrong movie lol talking about competitiveness in neverwinter PVP is so wrong... Most ppl who usualy dont go that far to talk about it on forums.. but most of them know how NW PVP works and it has nothing to do with "skill" or (please dont use the word "competitive" here again) :D that its all about what you have (gear...etc), knowledge of whats broken at the moment ( u have to be updated about this thats what most ppl are missing...), know how to counter your enemies even with multiple builds.. and even more investment..etc none of ppl i know would invest so much effort, time into something to just run in circles one shot the "noobs" and fight like forever if u meet a guy who does the same thing so please just stop... and like in other games there is no real pvp if we dont enter the arena at same "level","gear","power"... and ppl who play competitive pvp in other games know that too...
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Pally Sigil is an incredibly important PvE arti.
    With that high ToMM damage it is a literal lifesaver.

NW PvP has been dead since 2015.
    It's been back 5 minutes and already u think it's more important than PvE? PvE gear needs to be nerfed to accommodate PvP?
    HAMSTER that. Right in the HAMSTER.

Don't you dare ask them to nerf useful PvE gear just 'cause of PvP salty tears.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

It's been back 5 minutes and already u think it's more important than PvE? PvE gear needs to be nerfed to accommodate PvP?

You do not need the sigil in TOMM. In fact I have never seen it used in any successful group.
  • animamundi24animamundi24 Member Posts: 40 Arc User

No need to nerf PvE usage, but the effect of healing surely must be disabled in PvP. Take into consideration an incoming heal bonus from rank 15 tactical enchantments. I'm tired to watch how the opponents raise from 10% HP to max HP during being unkillable with 8 stacks of Shadowclad stacked.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    gweddry said:

You do not need the sigil in TOMM. In fact I have never seen it used in any successful group.
    It worked for us. Pally Sigil is very useful in many other PvE situations, especially for undergeared parties.
    But ToMM or any one specific situation or gear wasn't the point.
    This is about ANY PvE nerf for PvP issues.

PvE gear and powers should not be nerfed to accommodate PvP problems.
    This happened before with dozens of gear/powers that were useful in PvE but overpowered in PvP.
    It also affected classes themselves.
    TR Permastealth, GF Knight's Challenge/Bull Charge/Knight's Valor+Guarded Assault (reflector builds), SW Soulpuppet...
    ... too many examples to name.

I publicly apologize to the OP @animamundi24 for my pseudo-HAMSTER-laced angry response.
    As a frequently-nerfed former GF main, I got triggered.
    His concern is legitimate and should be taken seriously.

But any fixes to anything originating in PvE should have affect in PvP only.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    > @dread4moor said:
    > (Quote)
    > It worked for us. Pally Sigil is very useful in many other PvE situations, especially for undergeared parties.
    > But ToMM or any one specific situation or gear wasn't the point.
    > This is about ANY PvE nerf for PvP issues.
    >
    > PvE gear and powers should not be nerfed to accommodate PvP problems.
    > This happened before with dozens of gear/powers that were useful in PvE but overpowered in PvP.
    > It also affected classes themselves.
    > TR Permastealth, GF Knight's Challenge/Bull Charge/Knight's Valor+Guarded Assault (reflector builds), SW Soulpuppet...
    > ... too many examples to name.
    >
    > I publicly apologize to the OP @animamundi24 for my pseudo-HAMSTER-laced angry response.
    > As a frequently-nerfed former GF main, I got triggered.
    > His concern is legitimate and should be taken seriously.
    >
    > But any fixes to anything originating in PvE should have affect in PvP only.

I don't disagree about the fixes separation, but perhaps you should also try to see it from the opposite side. PvE changes have had a far worse impact on PvP than PvP changes have had on PvE. PvP in fact is much more sensitive to balance changes because you are competing against other players, whereas the only thing you can compete in in PvE is paingiver (and doing so is laughable -- just look at how it works in LOMM with all the running ahead).

I don't see a reason why the sigil shouldn't be nerfed in both modes. For PvE it's not very important as the sigil is not required in any content, but it does heal very fast. Compare it to other healing artifacts like waters for example, you'll see it's overperforming.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Stamin is foundamental to the combat mechanics. All the shift mechanics give a small window that negates most damage/CC, and stamina depletes fast. Which means you must be good at managing it and timing it. If you do that, you get an advantage over your enemy. Same goes for dailies now: they popway way less and are very effective. If you learn how to time them and make full use of their power, you get the edge. Drains just make PvP flat, taking away the skill part that comes with timing dodges and dailies.
    On a side note, after some matches i agree that OP sigil seems to be more powerful that shadowclad. Players do not cap offensive stats because if you're dead you deal 0 damage, so need some survivability. Current BiS setup makes you max out your offensive stats just because most of the survivability comes from OP sigil bubble pop (first) and shadowclad (second). Even on players without shadowclad, OP sigil shows an amazing ability to being the player back to full health. A decent HP pool also is important. It's interesting the soulforged+OP sigil combo. Soulforged at high rank gives not just CC immunity after resurrection, but also damage immunity right now. So some players come back to life, then pop sigil and heal back to full with no problem.
    One way to work around OP sigil is to use CW push and push the user out of the bubble, then CC and kill. But in practice, OP sigil in my opinion is right now more powerful than any other piece of gear, when it comes to boosting survivability.
    On a side note, very important for survivability is the ability to time shift immunity on enemy encounters. Now even more than in the past. I like that. Some players after years still miss that part/ can't time dodges or don't even try to do that because they are used to dominate with just gear and build. But guessing when the enemy is going to use an encounter, time your immunity (happy sprint now has immunity to damage for 1 second at start) to nullify their damage/CC, in my opinion, is the only true fun factor in current PvP, along with capping strategy and teamwork. I came back to PvP recently and experimented with my 2 PvE builds mainly. Now i'm still using a PvE build adapted in gear for PvE, but can have more fun than in the past, i'd say. PvP is not fully balanced yet, but way better than the mess i've seen in the past...16 modules i'd say. A bit better in my opinion.
  • zergthorne#0931 zergthorne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I agree that the Soulforged + OP Sigil is what the people are using. Seen several people using these in the past week. I refuse to use these items as my pride, honor and skill are more important and get me further than some item that is a temporary bandaid. I give two rats about how many deaths I have.

For those who use Soulforge and the OP Sigil, I can tel you one thing. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career in PvP. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop using Soulforge and the Sigil now, that'll be the end of it. If you don't, I will find you, I will cap your node, and I will kick you when you are down.

Thank you Liam Neeson for one of easiest and best movie quote possible.

Seriously folks.....waiting for the immunity timer is nothing for me. In that time, I can have an ability ready to smack you down with one hit. Why use something like that when you know your death is imminent?

OP Sigil....as someone said above somewhere......all it takes is a knockback/push and your use of the sigil is useless. Again....why use something that its not a guarantee and you know will be fixed by developers soon. Take the time to learn to survive with your class and what mechanics are not bugged and been provided for you. That will make you a strong player in PvP, not temporary broken HAMSTER.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    if someone is using the right combination of items they are immune to cc while healing in the pally sigil .. and then cannot be pushed out
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Flower set bonus - cc immunity. Honestly, when I see some names posting in pvp chat now, I just don't bother queueing. Soulforge, op sigil, tanky build - at the very least it means you'll be fighting over only 2 nodes, one will be permanently blockaded.
    No idea what my toon is now.