test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REMOVE SCALING

malakay#8027 malakay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
It was a bad decision, happens, admit it, its the grown up thing to do. Just go back.

Comments

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• malakay#8027 malakay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    i mean if put to a vote would anyone vote to keep the scaling? Can someone see it as a good thing? Seems like they removed the need to grow in a mmo, which is basically the purpose of it. It seems to me that a lot of people have left the game (PS4) wonder if its the same in the other platforms.
    edited November 2019
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I think scaling is just wrong and goes against the whole spirit of D&D. You start out as a level one and you progress. That is the whole point of D&D, progression. The level 8 skeleton you meet at level 5 who gives you a good fight should be a joke if you meet it again at level 20.

The problem is, there is so much content in NW that you must run over and over again because of how the campaigns are set up you will eventually come to a point where you are rolling over everything (except the most recent content). When playing solo this is not bad because when you reach that point you are just grinding stuff out anyway and it does not affect anyone else.

Where it becomes an issue is group content when you can have a fresh level 40 running with a high-end 80 in the same event/dungeon. I remember before mod-16 it really was HAMSTER that people would just run to the other end of the dungeon and leave all the lower levels back to fend for themselves or literally kill everything on the map before you could even reach it. This was not fun at all (for a good number of players).

Scaling in the dungeons is something that can work but right now they have it tuned too much against the more advanced characters. Right now scaling is like an 11 and just needs to be turned down to a 5-ish. This alone would solve so many issues as the moment.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I wish they would put it to a vote. I doubt it would be unanimous but willing to bet it would be as near to unanimous as it gets around here.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

I wish they would put it to a vote. I doubt it would be unanimous but willing to bet it would be as near to unanimous as it gets around here.

People can vote by either not playing or not spending. From the anecdotal and indirect evidence I have been seeing, it appears that people are voting. Will it be too late to affect real change? IDK. I hope not. I hope the powers that be can see past stubbornness and egotism and do what's best for the game and all the players.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    edited November 2019

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I think scaling is just wrong and goes against the whole spirit of D&D. You start out as a level one and you progress. That is the whole point of D&D, progression. The level 8 skeleton you meet at level 5 who gives you a good fight should be a joke if you meet it again at level 20.

The problem is, there is so much content in NW that you must run over and over again because of how the campaigns are set up you will eventually come to a point where you are rolling over everything (except the most recent content). When playing solo this is not bad because when you reach that point you are just grinding stuff out anyway and it does not affect anyone else.

Where it becomes an issue is group content when you can have a fresh level 40 running with a high-end 80 in the same event/dungeon. I remember before mod-16 it really was HAMSTER that people would just run to the other end of the dungeon and leave all the lower levels back to fend for themselves or literally kill everything on the map before you could even reach it. This was not fun at all (for a good number of players).

Scaling in the dungeons is something that can work but right now they have it tuned too much against the more advanced characters. Right now scaling is like an 11 and just needs to be turned down to a 5-ish. This alone would solve so many issues as the moment.

Other games have this same issue where older content is easier as you gained in strength. Scaling and stat clamping are two methods that developers use to ensure that some content is still worth running. In NWO the original mod 16 launch had everything scaled and it was a nightmare for PC players; that got fixed and now zones are not scaled but dungeons, trials and skirmishes are.

Scaling isn't really a problem; I have only failed one piece of content since mod 16 launched on console and it was simply do to the crazy damage the warlocks enemies do in Bank Heist (1-2 hits and you are dead).

I heard horror stories on the ten man tiamat and when you get it in RAQ. I got that 4 times and have yet to see it fail.

Honestly, I don't see the issue with scaling but I'm also fully decked out on my wizard. Even with that said, the biggest hit to scaling is our gear; the devs even stated that with the update we got on console that the gear would take a bigger to being scaled and enchantments got a boost. So if a player goes with the highest item level ear chances are the gear is scaled back to make the stats on it worthless. Its why I run so many level 70 pieces, less chance of items being scaled.

With the devs now forcing 1 tank and 1 healer in all random Q content is designed to help remove some of the issues some players face with scaling, mainly to ensure someone can pull threat and another player is there for a healing.