test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue`s

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And the healers that queue and pop immediately are what is pulling the average wait time down.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I suggest to make the role bonus either on DPS or Tank _and_ Healer and increase the role bonus AD by a factor of 10 and add a runic etching.

Queue will pop like it's CTA.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    so healers/tanks pretty much insta pop an dps's wait (laughs) yet everybody pretty much likes to play dps more then the versa (laughs again)
    ya now imagine if evrybody strted playin healers/tanks bc the supposed insta pop'in (waves bye to that matter laughin again) ya no more of that hamster bc according to the "rules" theres gtta be like least 3 dps (depending on q) an whatdo ya know evrybody went healer/tank to abvoid the wait times an the dps'ers are all gone....
    ya thatd be a halarious thought/occurence if it ever happened lol
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

cdnbison said:

Players: "It's impossible to do the following skirmishes without a tank & healer!:

Also players: "We don't want to have to wait for a tank & healer for skirmishes!"

#JustSayin'

Master of Hunt and Dread Legion Can be easly done w/o any healer or tank .
    once you get in....
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I've had no problem with any of the random queue speeds except for leveling queue. Something weird going on that it takes 40 minutes to get into a leveling queue. Is it now sorting to give preference/priority to low level IL first? THats all i can think of .
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I waited for about 15 minutes for each of the 3 queues I ran tonight. I wound up just playing through early levels on a new-ish toon, and then the RLQ would start whenever. Bummer was that if I was in a sewer or a cave, I will have to start it over.

My wish is that they'd bring back Illusionist's Gambit without any changes... Leave it as it was...

CM
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Tonight I used my paladin for RLQ for the first time. Queued as tank, no pop. Switched to heal and queue popped immediately. Got ToS and carried four lowbies in 12 minutes. While queue popped immediately for me, the run took 4x my average MotH/DL run. Even with a better geared party, the end-to-end run is still around 10 minutes, or 3x my average MotH/DL run. I don't think I will be doing RLQ much going forward. Gotten too used to getting MotH/DL as the norm.
  • avoie68#6606 avoie68 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I was trying to run a random que with a full group (all dps guildmates) and it didnt work we got the message "not enough tank/heal" so we need also a 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer premate group now for random dungeons and not only when we que with randoms?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

And so. I have spent the day using my Healer-specced Paladin and Warlock and was able to run group content instantly. However, neither my Dps nor Tank characters were able to see any action today. It would appear that players are simply not bothering to play the healing classes completely. I also did not see any other active healers in the past 40-or-so hours while playing.

Once again, I am not trolling. I genuinely loved Neverwinter before the changes made in Mod 16 and I still stand by what I have said before: "Neverwinter was not broken." But it is now. Neverwinter is very broken now. You have made changes to the healing classes that has resulted in what may be the first ever recorded player-strike/boycott of a class/player role in video game history.

Um... (cough)

Congratulations?

From all the comments about wait times hinging on lack of clerics/healers - I'd say the game isn't broken - the healer role is broken. This new 3+1+1 mandate appears to be a heavy handed attempt to encourage more healer toons to be created in game - call it gamer engineering.

But in their current form -I just find clerics boring to play. I've attempted clerics in the past - I have always gotten so bored with them that I lose interest, and then eventually delete them to clear a slot for a more fun dps or tank toon instead.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The reason the devs did this is if you are at the appropriate level content is much harder than if you are over geared. I took a very low level character as if I was a new player through content and it was a different experience than using one of my level 80 characters. Even a fresh level 80 character without any boons or having all the knowledge of companion, runestontes, enchantments, etc.. it is much harder to play in MotH or DL without a healer or tank.

When I'm on my main I carry most groups through all random Q's. I don't mind helping out but when I play my low characters like a new player I wish there was a healer.

As someone that lately has given up playing all but my main this update will simply make my decision easier for me to quit and find another MMO after I'm done playing Greedfall a few times.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @avoie68#6606 said:
    > I was trying to run a random que with a full group (all dps guildmates) and it didnt work we got the message "not enough tank/heal" so we need also a 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer premate group now for random dungeons and not only when we que with randoms?

Random queues are always public and must follow the 1-1-3 format, which hasn't changed. If you want to not follow the format, hit the private queue button (random queues will not be available).
  • alex5a22#9734 alex5a22 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    PLEASE RETURN THE QUEUE`S BACK TO NORMAL !!!

I was trying to run a random que with a full group (all dps guildmates) and it didnt work we got the message "not enough tank/heal" so we need also a 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer premate group now for random dungeons and not only when we que with randoms?

Dungeons require 3/1/1 unless you run in Private.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • alex5a22#9734 alex5a22 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    RETURN THE QUEUE BACK TO NORMAL PLEASE !!!!
    This is the new normal.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    They've really created a lose lose situation when it takes longer for non-healer/tanks to queue,
    yet it takes longer to finish most of that content when slots are wasted on a healer and tank.

Any content in the leveling or intermediate queues where success actually hinges upon the presence of a healer and tank
    DOESN'T BELONG
    in the leveling or intermediate queues.

This is like fixing two flat tires by buying premium windshield-wiper fluid.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The developers did say they were aiming to reduce rAD generation.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

A Similar leap of logic

Little Susy: "Miss, I finished my lunch. Can I go out and play?"
    Teacher: "Certainly! Do you have a licensed trauma surgeon and a police officer in full riot gear with you?"
    Little Susy: giggles "No, I don't even know what one of those is!"
    Teacher: "Then you're just going to have to stay inside, I'm afraid."
    Little Susy: "But what do I need a police and a trow...traw... uh that sturgeon thing for - isn't that a kind of fish?"
    Teacher: "Because the playground is full of peril."
    Little Susy: "But I just wanted to sit in the sand box."
    Teacher: "Oh, tut tut, my dear. I've already made up my mind. When you have the proper safeguards we'll talk about the possibility of your going out to do anything whatsoever."

Beautiful
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Multiple days - multiple times - Queue for random run with a "Average Wait Time" of 3-5 minutes and get 10 minute inactivity time our warning on just about every occasion...

For those disgruntled players who said Neverwinter couldn’t get any more screwed up after Mod 16 – Surprise!
    DD~
    So don't be inactive while waiting.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    3-5 minute wait times I can handle just fine.

But I want all leeches and afkers kicked before I arrive.
    That seems like a fair compromise.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    greywynd said:

So don't be inactive while waiting.

I suspect that is part of the problem...

Players are actively doing other things waiting for the queue to pop and as a result are either engaged in something they don't want to have to start over or just miss the opportunity to join the queue, so as a result the expected 3-5 minute wait times turn into 10-15 minute wait times.

I can't tell what the powers that be thought they were trying to fix with the changes to the queue-s, but seems to me the more they try to "fix", the more screwed up a lot of players dub the game to be.

In essence, as I see it Neverwinter is trying to force some players to play characters they don't want to play in order to get queues to pop faster.

But maybe this is the new normal ~

3-5 minute wait times I can handle just fine.

But I want all leeches and afkers kicked before I arrive.
    That seems like a fair compromise.

And frogs probably wish they had wings so they wouldn't get mud on their butts when they jumped... :3

DD~
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    SO I threw together a Tank loadout on a Fighter I gave up on a while back and the q popped in about two minutes.

Good. We did Carrundax [the dragon one] and it was mildly interesting having a healer again. Almost fun, but not quite.

I then took the same hastily made "tank" into RiQ to try and help get the wait time down.

We got Malabogs Castle...

But the item level and scaling made it absolutely awful.

I explained my toon asnt really geared for proper tanking and one toon left straight away.

Ok fair enough.

After taking five minutes or more to get through the first couple of groups of mobs another toon left.

Reinforcements arrived. And we slowly fought our way to the first Boss Mob after the catapults.

I tried tanking it but it was too darn fast and by now we were twenty plus minutes in.

I left. It was just so slow and painful. If I was USED to this playstyle it could be fun, but after months of rolling my face across the keyboard to kill stuff, it just wasn't a fun relaxing thing to do.

The lesson: maybe we got to learn to re-love a tougher playstyle and get used to it.
  • erecoseerecose Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still stupid wait times as Tank or healer. Crazy.