test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOO. STILL YET AGAIN - NO. JUST NO. AND the daily cap is broken. HUZZAH!

2»

Comments

• reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    How do you get people to like your game? Make them enjoy playing it, not hate working it... Where are the trinkets we "lost"?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Now that I think on it, the broken count x2 ...

Is just a suppositon but

@asterdahl said that they aim for x3 completion, so maybe their intention was to give double currency, so you could farm x3 but it should give 14 instead of 7. But again they failed and only the count gives double...

bugs bugs bugs everywhere, even more than pre-mod 16.... thanks that this rework was made to help developers in their work, to avoid bugs and made the system simplier.

And still we play... maybe we became adicted to bugs lol
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    milyen said:

I have farmed the hell out of this event. I practically lived in this dungeon. I have the artifact and all tomes and 8 coins of old in my inventory and still I am unable to get my fabled token or equip the artifact.

I should get get the Fabled token after 129 +6 = 135 tokens and I have currently 137!

Please look into this ASAP

This doesn't sound good, but I remember the same kind of problem on the last 2 TOO, where you needed *another* run (even x1) after you passed the 135 cap to get your fabled chapter. If you already did that, well this event is even more a failure than I thought.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    not a word... just not understand this silence
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I think, at this point, no one wants to be the person to tell the players if nothing will be done and if the whole thing gets swept under a rug.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Since they've pushed back the TOO event on XB & PS4, I would guess that they have no idea what's causing the issues and need time to fix it. Not sure what this means for PC as the event has now been running almost 2 weeks and has been a complete cluster.

This was also thrown on preview for testing but it didn't look like many took them up on testing it or gave feedback.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251169/tales-of-old-dread-vault-active-on-preview-lurker

When they open things up to testing and actually have participation things still launch with countless bugs. Are we really surprised TOO is full of bugs and scaling issues when no one really gave input during preview?
  • perlchaser#7290 perlchaser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'd be happy with coins x2, but I need to know soon, since tonight is my last play time. Do I at least get a week after the event to spend them before they disappear?
  • milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket with my issue and they just said it's been escalated and brought to the attention of the QA ( laugh ) Team and game developers ( laughs even more ). They closed the ticket and posted a link to their forums and requested I submit an in game bug report which will not generate a ticket.
    So I am here posting and bring it to their and my fellow players attention. Submit a ticket and bring it to their attention. Fix the issue and reimburse us for catatrosphic monumental disaster this event has brought. I commited 2 weeks to farming this event when they extended it due to the bugs with scaling and difficulty in running even a Tier 3. I did what they expected of us as players and still have not been rewarded for the sheer will power, focus and determination it took to get over 140 Coins of old and not yet receive the Fabled Chapter.

I am asking you ( Cryptic ) to please fix the issue and reimburse us players who have done what was expected to gain the rewards. You have to atleast compensate us for what you did and give us the fair prizes. I am not asking for more just what would have been reasonable for me to expect with the due diligence and effort I have endured for this event.
    edited September 2019
    I just don't have any words left.
    Why are you making it so hard to stay in this game and keep people in this game.
    I farmed this event to completion on THREE toons the last 2 times.
    This is a year long event.
    Now it's completely blown, with no information about when we will have access to a complete able version of this event.
    The amount of time I've put into this event is ... ridiculous, plus the amount of stress to get that done, and now... nothing. 1000 questions in the last 2 weeks about TOO, whats with TOO, when are the fixing TOO....

I'm so upset at this point I've moved from anger to bargaining to depression.
    This *IS* the kind of thing that makes players leave the game, an utter disrespect for our time, for our energy and for *our* investment in the game.

MAKE THIS RIGHT.

@asterdahl @terramak @nitocris83 @noworriesdude
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Since they've pushed back the TOO event on XB & PS4, I would guess that they have no idea what's causing the issues and need time to fix it. Not sure what this means for PC as the event has now been running almost 2 weeks and has been a complete cluster.

This was also thrown on preview for testing but it didn't look like many took them up on testing it or gave feedback.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251169/tales-of-old-dread-vault-active-on-preview-lurker

When they open things up to testing and actually have participation things still launch with countless bugs. Are we really surprised TOO is full of bugs and scaling issues when no one really gave input during preview?

You want to know why? We spent hours and hours testing things on preview and posting about them. Many of us even made videos and formatted our posts the way they asked us to. Guess what! We were ignored for the most part. This happens with every single MOD release. People finally got tired and disillusioned, and quite a few quit playing. What is the point of testing content if they don't even bother to read the posts? The truly funny thing is that the CM asks for more information about bugs reported on this forum that are WELL DOCUMENTED on the freaking preview forums! I kid you not.

While we are being honest here, do you REALLY think they had no idea how bad this event was messed up before it went live? Really? Come on, they knew full well what state the event was in. Funny thing though it even has the SAME turn-in bugs that EVERY OTHER ToO event has had. STILL! You would think they would have at least made sure that was fixed this time.

I know, I know they are short staffed and the programmers that worked on the game in the past made some big mistakes and on and on and on....

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    more like mod6 10x, scaling are way off, this what i feel ignore as other said, bring back to basic, no more stats requirements! we dont roll based on stats, on paprer RPG, we rolled 20 sided dice, not percentages base on each stats, we all hated RNG!

we were looking forward to play druids, bards, and/or monk, and they get shelved and seem the devs were messing around with class balance for 2-3 years and they cant fix it, what they did, they put Stats and scaling, and make more bugs.
    we were looking forward in hope to get player's home, instead we got Guild hall and broken workshop.

they took away winter fishing rods and we took time to upgrade the rods, and they took away, replaced with junk, we spend first 4 years upgrading our crafters/professions, they took away.
    even the tools we gathered, they took away.
    we had Gateway for companion adventures, they took away
    we had ARC dailies, i almost had reach next point earn for Zen, they took away, made my points useless and unspendable.
    we had foundery, they took away .

Just because they cant fix it and seem still dont know how.

CTA and Tales of Olds, still broken and they will release next CTA events and we all knew it still broken regardless.

this game hadnt been upgraded since Mod 5, series of nerfs non stop, all that is gone, spiraling downgradings, made it harder to play or to enjoy, many other players accused devs for catering to specific niche players, crying so loud it want hardcore challenges.

we the players came to social and meet new friends, join the guilds to learn class builds. we dont want to find something that frustrating and give up in raged fits, blaming others, finger pointings, broken guilds, often group kick others out for not having proper gears or "STAT" required to meet.

this is suppose to be RPG, not "Numbers!", RPG seem were killed since Mod 11 when they push numbers. we dont want calculator race war.
  • milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Update: After still grinding this event after minimum requirements. At around total of 150 Coins of Old I finally received the Fabled Chapter.
  • malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    milyen said:

Update: After still grinding this event after minimum requirements. At around total of 150 Coins of Old I finally received the Fabled Chapter.

JFC and how many hours did it take you to run x2 each time? HAMSTER all, guessing around 25 hrs? Running 3-4 hrs grinding each day? God Bless you for the effort BUT that's a time investment beyond what most of us normies can even spare.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Anyone having trouble equipping the flayed storytellers journal? It claims I already have it equipped and cant equip more than 1 of the same item lmao...
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    So, we're not even getting a "We feel TOO is in a good place" this time? Just silence then? I am disappointed :)
    edited September 2019
    No, they *are* having internal discussions about possible fixes.
    But it certainly is appearing possible that they may not intend to implement any of them.
    They have a list of ideas of make this right, including my last ditch and absolutely pathetic least possible effort solution which would be to at least promise to run BOTH TOO events next time on top of each other for 2 weeks.
    They'd still need to do something about our stolen trinkets though. And that kind of announcement could have happened days ago, waiting until the event EXPIRES to explain the fix is just disgusting. It's past incompetence.

UNLESS the fix involves actually compensating everyone who participated. Then it makes COMPLETE sense to hold the fix until the event passed. But given I have zero confidence in cryptic making this situation right... I'm not going to put any bets on that being what's going on. I maybe have a tiny glimmer of hope but I know that is probably just stupid.
  • perlchaser#7290 perlchaser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The TOO vendor disappeared after the event, but the COH vendor is available afterward? Why?
    edited September 2019
    Still zero announcement on this. This gonna be another MW IV turn ins that just never gets fixed or what?
    WE ARE STILL PISSED OFF AND WE HAVENT FORGOTTEN.
    @kreatyve @terramak @nitocris83
    Post edited by andorrabell on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs, you want a real tester? just pay me zens points to find bugs or how badly mobs hit/one shots, so i can report and share feedbacks.
    those testers are too sadistic and not completely honest, they want other players to quit so they have their own playground to abuse.