test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Maths of the new Random Queue System

Comments

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

> @cherryman1 said:

> Eventually people will adjust and start running their tanks and healers through. Until then, dps classes will just have to wait. I think this also pushes players to get up a healer/tank class so it might push for a better diversity in classes. I'm torn on the change since I think a better and more diverse group of classes in game is good for it while at the same time want players to get into content in a relatively nominal amount of time.

Or those people will eventually leave and find another game. Trying to force players to play a class they don't like just to play the dungeons is not an winning game model.

Exactly this. All classes need to be viable. Right now we have both too many people wanting to dps AND dps classes that are broken in endgame (TOMM). This is not going to work out!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I prefer to play DPS on my cleric, however for RLQ and RIQ, I will now queue as heale. I rarely ever heal though, I'll just dps. Yeah it's not as effective, but it's a real time saver and often times I'll still end up on top of the damage chart. Most groups will either not need healing due to overgearing, or will get one shot and no amount of healing will fix that. There is hardly a case where a group is in that middle ground.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    This is bad.
    Very bad.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    And I think the sky is falling.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    The sky fell in MOD 16. Just trying to pick up the broken and bugged pieces now. :(
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that because of DC and Op got nerfed, not many want to play healers.

i would like to see non-player healer get trigger. restricted 1 per day, to keep from abusing with multiple "bots'

Star trek's away team work fine, if 2-3 players are short, they can summon away team members to fill in.
    why? both are still in same company. (NWO-STO)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    wylonus said:

that because of DC and Op got nerfed, not many want to play healers.

i would like to see non-player healer get trigger. restricted 1 per day, to keep from abusing with multiple "bots'

Star trek's away team work fine, if 2-3 players are short, they can summon away team members to fill in.
    why? both are still in same company. (NWO-STO)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11249883
    Companion Powers
    Remorhaz's Presence now deals damage based on the player's weapon damage.

Well, they would have to do something similar to all companions, especially tank and healer companions, so that they would become helpfull again in scaled and regular content. I mean, right now there's no point in playing with anything else then an Augment, all the other companions are bloody useless and not worth summoning.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I don't run RLQ or RIQ but don't think will be an issue for dps characters to move some BtA stuff without even spending gold (bondings/rings/comp equip) to an alt. You will surely being better geared than average support Qing for them and there's scaling anyway; with role bonus and ad bonus from invoking would be way more efficient. Shouldn't even add that providing support role will increase success rate overall.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

Generally if I was ever in a group which got Merchant Prince Folly or Manycoins Bank Heist, I was happy to abandon skirmish if I could see it was going to fail, and take the 30 min timer hit and go and do something else. And rejoin the queue later. It was never a problem.

You trying to tell me that you never had MPF or Bank 2-3 times in a row? If that so you are RNG blessed....
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    remember, they nerfed tank's regen in combat in order we need healer in mid-fight, without them, our in-combat regen useless, made by devs, of course.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    gripnir78 said:

You trying to tell me that you never had MPF or Bank 2-3 times in a row? If that so you are RNG blessed....

RNG has very little to do with RQ. If you got them in RQ, it meant someone picked it. manycoins is part of the AI campaign and has to be done once to complete it.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    We dev responses like that I really don't feel like making the effort anymore. I had run healer to make it faster for me but it just is not fun in any way at all. For myself needed to stop playing so much anyway. Thanks for giving me another reason to limit my playtime.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I understand the reasoning for the adjustments to group composition. A lot of support classes get a lot of runs, quite a few of them in the new content too.
    This means that they're getting their daily 100k RAD from more end-game content and they simply don't queue for the levelling queues etc.
    Right idea but unfortunately, the wrong motivation for the player. The player needs the right motivation to run the content, something that they don't already have too much of.

If you were to change the rough Astral Diamonds to already refined Astral Diamonds you'll see an uptake in the amount of support classes running lower level content.
    Perhaps they earn a token after 10 levelling queue runs which they can use to refine an additional 100k AD for that day.

Something worth-while, something that will be profitible for me to devote my time to, the small amount of Bonus RAD from levelling queues doesn't give the same time-to-reward ratio as other content in the game; you have to ask the question "Why would they bother with content that doesn't yield as much for their time?"
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    asterdahl said:

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts. We know that many of you are frustrated with the increased queue times, and I'd like to apologize for the increased wait times. We made changes to the required roles for skirmishes after looking over the data from the past few months: many groups randomly matched with non-standard group compositions had a lot more trouble with certain skirmishes. If we made adjustments to make those skirmishes easier, they would be absolutely trivial when the queue system put a standard group together, so after much debate we decided to enable role restrictions for public skirmishes instead.

As a result, queue times, specifically for the most populous role (DPS) have increased. In order to alleviate the issue, this Thursday's build will include the addition of role bonuses to the random leveling queue. Players who queue as the role most currently in need for the leveling queue will receive bonus rough AD. In addition, the leveling queue will correctly display the required roles.

We understand that there are certain skirmishes which are trivial even with a sub-optimal group composition, and that skilled players can get through almost any queue in the random leveling queue with not only a sub-optimal but an incomplete group. However, the random leveling queue is meant to be comfortable for new players to join in and learn how the game works. We made these adjustments so that the basics of tanking and healing would be reinforced early on, and so that the random leveling queue didn't lean so heavily towards only popping a handful of skirmishes because it would always build groups entirely out of DPS.

We believe that the addition of role bonuses along with the community adjusting to the changes over the next few weeks will greatly alleviate the increased queue times. We will continue to monitor the queue times moving forward and make any adjustments as needed, we appreciate your patience in the meantime!

And while at it, you may aswel give me a class change token so i can switch to support since dpses never get any bonuses ;) Nah sorry thats kinda rediculous. What you had to do was move these harder dungeons to the advanced que, increase the IL requirement and the difficulty. This automatically sets these dungeons to require the 'holy trinity' and fixes some of the complaints. RLQ and RIQ are mainly for new players and should be a walk in the park compared to RAQ and REQ. Personally never had any issues with 5 dpses, just use potions and things die fast enough.

You guys always do the same thing. If 5% complain, you punish the other 95% instead of finding a solution that satisfies both ends.

That being said, @callumf#9018 just dont bother with Riq xd, you dont need it to cap your daily AD ;)
    Post edited by lardeson on
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Paladin will be king on the mountain for RLQ! Healer and Tank...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    gripnir78 said:

Generally if I was ever in a group which got Merchant Prince Folly or Manycoins Bank Heist, I was happy to abandon skirmish if I could see it was going to fail, and take the 30 min timer hit and go and do something else. And rejoin the queue later. It was never a problem.

I don't remember getting Bank twice in a row no.

And with MPF if I did get it twice in a row the second one I would grit my teeth and run it. Only ever failed once since random qs came in. That was a HAMSTER of a run though. Really amusing. Low DPS, no clue what to do. No healing. Trying to take down the t-rex for maybe 10 minutes. Multiple wipes. By the end I was laughing out loud
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    lardeson said:

asterdahl said:

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts. We know that many of you are frustrated with the increased queue times, and I'd like to apologize for the increased wait times. We made changes to the required roles for skirmishes after looking over the data from the past few months: many groups randomly matched with non-standard group compositions had a lot more trouble with certain skirmishes. If we made adjustments to make those skirmishes easier, they would be absolutely trivial when the queue system put a standard group together, so after much debate we decided to enable role restrictions for public skirmishes instead.

As a result, queue times, specifically for the most populous role (DPS) have increased. In order to alleviate the issue, this Thursday's build will include the addition of role bonuses to the random leveling queue. Players who queue as the role most currently in need for the leveling queue will receive bonus rough AD. In addition, the leveling queue will correctly display the required roles.

We understand that there are certain skirmishes which are trivial even with a sub-optimal group composition, and that skilled players can get through almost any queue in the random leveling queue with not only a sub-optimal but an incomplete group. However, the random leveling queue is meant to be comfortable for new players to join in and learn how the game works. We made these adjustments so that the basics of tanking and healing would be reinforced early on, and so that the random leveling queue didn't lean so heavily towards only popping a handful of skirmishes because it would always build groups entirely out of DPS.

We believe that the addition of role bonuses along with the community adjusting to the changes over the next few weeks will greatly alleviate the increased queue times. We will continue to monitor the queue times moving forward and make any adjustments as needed, we appreciate your patience in the meantime!

That being said, @callumf#9018 just dont bother with Riq xd, you dont need it to cap your daily AD ;)
    I haven't maxxxed out my daily AD for months, if not a year or more.

Not that I don't need it, just that real life doesn't grant me the time since they got rid of salvage, to run enough content to get to the daily cap :)
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    It looks like this should be an encouragement for more healers/tanks to get in the game. I know if I started a new character, it would likely be a healer. Personally, I really appreciate how the queue's work now...but I'm not thrilled about wait times either...but I'll deal with it. I've actually been able to finish Nine Gods now that we have an appropriate team! Other skirmishes/etc seem a bit easier as well.