test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There will be another October bugfix month?

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
The game really needs it, or maybe 2 months trying to fix all the bugs the game has...

The last october was the only time when I saw some positive advancement in the games live...

Stop publishing content, make a break please I dont mind if we dont have more modules in 1 year, just focus on make the actual game better, balance classes, content and gear, fix class bugs and content bugs, read the feedback from all classes to make people happy playing the game.

Thank you.
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't know how they will "make people happy", as you know the old saying goes; You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time. -- John Lydgate.

I totally agree they need to fix bugs and glitches. However the balance and repairs to the game mechanics is going to be real tricky. There will always be people saying it is too hard and others saying it is too soft. The players seem to be a bunch of spoiled little girls like Goldilocks when it comes down to what is agreeable.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yeah but lot of the negativity of players comes from frustration and bugs. Lots of balance issues are just bugs or fixing the coding errors would make some issues less important.

When you have a game that just "works" then people have more positive comments and attitude. Now we have a mix of everything (bad decisions, bad rewards, imbalance, and bugs) that mines peoples patience and then you enter in a state of accepting everything but you play less and less every day until you stop.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    While players may not agree on what constitutes 'balance' for their (or other) class, that is a design issue that competent designers can address. If they had any.

Bugs, broken queueing system, missing NPCs, crafting not working properly are different issues. These aren't the territory of 'spoiled little girls', they're flat-out broken and improperly implemented code.

That said, games almost never do bug-fix runs except as a trickle effort in the background... because bug-fixes don't sell. New content sells, even when it's buggy.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    October bug fixes in 2017 were because the dev that were going to the MtG team had some free time before that project started. The gap between projects made it possible for the studio to concentrate on the fixes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

That said, games almost never do bug-fix runs except as a trickle effort in the background... because bug-fixes don't sell. New content sells, even when it's buggy.

That's it in a nutshell. New content sells - bug fixes do not. And Cryptic is in a constant state of marketing the game to potential new players to replace those who've left or stopped playing/paying $$$ for Zen.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    We don't buy Zen because :

A : There's not much worth buying from the Zen Market
    B : Some classes are so buggy they're unplayable on some paragon paths
    C : There are so many bugs in the game that a lot of the enjoyment has gone from it.

Appreciate that they want new players to replace those that they lost ... but if the problems for players leaving still exist, they'll never maintain anough retention and always have issues to try to fix.

At some point you have to fix problems, dropping more and more content only compounds the issues being faced.

Take a month, address the issues and make the players happy again.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @silverwolf#7884 I only agree with A on your list, some players will never buy Zen no matter how good the game gets. Once you decide to go the Free to Play model, you will have vast majority of the players not buying anything. The survival depends on a small minority of people paying for items in the zen store. This makes the majority of your players just fluffy filling, without them the other players wouldn't desire to play a low populated game.

As for balance and game mechanics, this game never followed the D&D rules. They just modeled the game mechanics after everything that came before this one. I know it is way too late in the race to attempt such a vast overhaul, but anyone who has played DDO knows the mechanics of that game engine are solid and on the mark. I am sure there are other systems out there I haven't played, with much better game mechanics.

To be honest, I fail to understand why they bother with complex game mechanics when my ranger can never miss the target. The arrows fired at moving target curve back around to hit, just like little heat seeking missiles. If they needed to go full on action 3rd person shooter, why not just go with real world physics for hit and miss? The game has a stupid reticle that is meaningless unless you can miss your shot.

Back on topic, I hope they take the time to fix the bugs. However @pitshade and @tribbulater are probably correct and they won't bother. But here is to hoping they will. <3

wb-cenders.gif