test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.8

percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes for today's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11249883
Percemer
EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
----------
Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service

Comments

• ophir#5348 ophir Member Posts: 1 New User
    When are zok boxes item drop rate buffed?
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Hurrah, you listened to the people about the Q changes! So glad to no longer see CR in there!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Unless I misunderstand, I'm a bit disappointed about the "Illusionist's Gambit"... I'm too new to the game to understand the rest of the changes, but that one makes me sad...
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User

It's not explicitly said, but the drop rates for comp gear from zok boxes is buffed in this patch, there is a guy who tested it in the preview server and showed the results in the appropriate thread
  • illuminati#2457 illuminati Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    crm14916 said:

Unless I misunderstand, I'm a bit disappointed about the "Illusionist's Gambit"... I'm too new to the game to understand the rest of the changes, but that one makes me sad...

I don't understand the notes on this one. It says it is removed from the leveling queue but it was never in the leveling queue from what I saw, it was in the intermediate queue. If they removed it from that then I agree, not an improvement.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The que changes are interest but what I can not seem to understand is how they raised item level for fang break thinking it will cause the over all bug on the last boss to vanish but instead it will only cause the team to over dps the bosses making the last boss to become faster to die.
    This could also cause the last boss to do her wipe mechanic with no crystals up to hide behind because you over dpsed it.
    I would think where it was in item level was fine just needed a fix on the dmg the shared mechanic did.
    I assume they think raising its item level fixes the bugs.
    Weird think but okay I guess so.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

The que changes are interest but what I can not seem to understand is how they raised item level for fang break thinking it will cause the over all bug on the last boss to vanish but instead it will only cause the team to over dps the bosses making the last boss to become faster to die.
    This could also cause the last boss to do her wipe mechanic with no crystals up to hide behind because you over dpsed it.
    I would think where it was in item level was fine just needed a fix on the dmg the shared mechanic did.
    I assume they think raising its item level fixes the bugs.
    Weird think but okay I guess so.

It may be for the part of player who struggle to finish it.
    At least the IL requirements are a litle more close to the reality, I can't remember the first IL requirement for FBI at the start of mod 16, if someone has it I am curious.
  • illuminati#2457 illuminati Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Well one thing I notice about all of those item level increases, they are all things that are in the advanced queue (EDIT: manycoins isn't actually I notice now) which itself had the item level raised from 16k to 18k recently. So basically you could finish a campaign to unlock a dungeon or skirmish and get in the queue and then get matched with people from the random queue who had a higher il requirement. So to the people from the random queue you would appear under-powered.

Of course I really don't understand the logic around any of that given that some of them then turn around and nerf your il anyway. Random advanced requires 18k but you can wind up in a dungeon that reverts everyone to 17k anyway...
    That might be true but to be even more honest knowing how the game is heading they should not even use a item level to a dungeon. Instead it really should have mini stat requirements for each dungeon.
    If that was the case your have less failed groups in any random you run but instead we have item level.
    Even if that is the case about fbi still makes no sense why not fix the issues with in the dungeon first then raise the item level as they see fit.
    FBI has way to many issues in it that even if you raise the item level they will still remain active.
    I see this move as a cheap way to sorta mask over the bugs with in the dungeon hoping to god that it works so no one notice they are still present.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    "Expeditions: Warden loot drops now drop items for the party."

I'm confused, but isn't that how it was before? Do you mean personal drops instead? What about FEs?

FBI has bugs...IL won't fix that. Fix the bugs and the completion rate will go up.

EDIT: I also don't see any changes to ToNG regarding pally heals removing the buffs for the first boss fight. Any plans to fix that?
    Their fix for the TONG Ball curse removal issue with pally healer is to raise the item level to 17 hoping to god that you over dps the boss so fast that no balls come out or that 1 ball getting hit will be enough. Again so that we will assume its fixed but rather masked behind over dpsing.
    They should fix it but yes I assume its easier to raise the item level letting us over dps a boss then to fix a bug.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2019

It's not explicitly said, but the drop rates for comp gear from zok boxes is buffed in this patch, there is a guy who tested it in the preview server and showed the results in the appropriate thread
    We have asked Cryptic for confirmation, we will keep you informed.

Edit: Confirmed.
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User

crm14916 said:

I don't understand the notes on this one. It says it is removed from the leveling queue but it was never in the leveling queue from what I saw, it was in the intermediate queue. If they removed it from that then I agree, not an improvement.
    It was in the levelling queue. My level 40+ character has got the Illusionist Gambit every day this week from the random levelling queue. Instant one shot kill, by the time I have re-spawned I find that all four of my comrades are also standing by the fire being invited to leave by the nearest exit. I assume that getting it 5 times in 5 tries is because it is over so quickly for teams who have levelling characters making it available again very quickly. Again I assume that this experience is widespread and why the gambit was removed from the random levelling queue. Developer comments on difficulty in the other queues show that % completion is a very important stat for them in decisions about such content.
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    10 to 20 minutes for a fricken intermediate queue if your a DPS! This is bull Cryptic and Arc! It is now quicker for me to get on an advance queue then an intermediate one! Not all of us have the free time to sit and wait for 10 to 20 minutes to join a damn match! This is not an improvement! You really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Post edited by paladinmyst7766#9026 on
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I like the changes to Crafting. But what I am disappointed in is that the dev's did all that work and STILL Dalish, an NPC to complete the Workshop Level 4 quest is still MIA in Caer-Konig.

Can we please get this fixed?
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • narg#2991 narg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    NW Launcher has given me the following error for the last five hours
    "Error 29: The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher"
    Restarted/Reset Wifi
    Restarted PC.
    Uninstalled/Reinstalled Arc/NW.
    Sent Arc Support contact with dxdiag and screenshot of the issue.
    Still getting same result.

This error prevents me from logging on to play and to spend money on playing. Please advise.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Skirmishes now require 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 damage dealers, rather than any group they can bring together.

Dev note: This is to make sure that groups created for queues such as Manycoins Bank Vault and Merchant Prince's Folly have the appropriate survivability and damage to succeed in these skirmishes.
    Private groups may still queue with any combination of roles.

Which cause that RaQ/RIQ and Leveling Que literaly doesnt pop anymore. If u dont form a premade ur f..d

Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • mandene#3315 mandene Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm getting the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" :(
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    narg#2991 said:

NW Launcher has given me the following error for the last five hours
    "Error 29: The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher"
    Restarted/Reset Wifi
    Restarted PC.
    Uninstalled/Reinstalled Arc/NW.
    Sent Arc Support contact with dxdiag and screenshot of the issue.
    Still getting same result.

This error prevents me from logging on to play and to spend money on playing. Please advise.

Hello @narg#2991,

Not sure what could cause this issue, but I invite you to contact the Customer Support team.

I hope this issue will be resolved as soon as possible,

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
  • bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Hi,

Wizard: Rimefire Smolder can no longer proc rapidly on certain power casts.

This may explain why the dps of my Ray of Frost has dropped so drastically but after this update my crit is nowhere near the max of 50% despite either having 115k Crit chance (yeah I know its too high but its mainly from companion because virtually all the mod 17 lvl 1010 companion gear has crit on it) and 82k accuracy I am wondering whether this is update related?
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I would also like to point out that Lair of Lostmauth is impossible to do now. Low level players can not defeat him. I have been in two low level parties were I was the main DPS and it is impossible as an intermediate level boss for low level players. It is the new Rise of Tiamat in terms of low level players being unable to beat him. Either the item level should be raised or Liar of Lostmauth needs made into an advanced queue.
    Post edited by paladinmyst7766#9026 on
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

QUestion for you guys. Whenever Item level is raised like this ( especially since Cryptic can't accept the fact that scaling doesn't work as intended ), does this also mean that enemy ratings are also adjusted as well? Effectively, nullifying any proper reason for item level change?

I don't think it works like that. If that be the case, i wouldn't be one shotting the critters in lower level Campaigns. Even so, new dungeons with higher scaling are released often to keep the players chasing for the Bis Gear. It's probably the main selling point for this game.
  • I would like to point out that Blackdagger Ruins (Advanced) and Liar of Lostmauth are impossible to do with low level parties. They both need to be put in the advanced queue.