test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

tales coins bugged

gomjazgomjaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
hi doing tales of old and the event tracker of the coins is max at 45 but i have only made 22 coins today .

Comments

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm not sure that simplifying the game engine and mechanics has had the desired outcome
  • Options
    perlchaser#7290 perlchaser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    So, you're saying you stopped receiving coins today?
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

So, you're saying you stopped receiving coins today?

For example make Tales X2, get 3 coins, but counter says you got 6 when in fact you really have only 3.
    Sooooooooo as the limit is 45, if you get 22 coins you will reach the limit preventing you to get more.

• Options
    Perhaps this will lead to another extension. Do the coins actually disappear after the event?
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello,

I will forward this issue to the dev team for investigation, thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Perhaps this will lead to another extension. Do the coins actually disappear after the event?

Yes.
  • Options
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes.

Then I will never get enough. Groups refuse to invite me, even though I'm 2k over the "optimal" item level, just because the event is so hard.
  • Options
    milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Tales of OMG ( Old Messy Game ) is broke. I managed to live in this dungeon for nearly 2 weeks. I got all the coins and still can't get my Fabled Chapter.

Talk about a broken event. To add insult to injury after they extended it then there is the Coins bug whereby the bar fills up at twice the rate than you actually gain Coins from Nipsy in PE.
  • Options
    jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    The Coin Counter is broken. I feel like we have been robbed.

The Coin Counter doubles the number of coins you have actually earned in a day and caps you at that number. Consequently we can only earn a maximum of 22 coins per day.

This makes it intolerably difficult to earn a Fabled Chapter or make a complete Artifact during the event.
    And because the coins do not carry forward to the next Tales event any time we have spent grinding this event will be a total waste.

Please do something about this situation fast.

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    percemer said:

Hello,

I will forward this issue to the dev team for investigation, thanks for your help.

Regards,

This seems similar to the Acquisions Inc 'ERROR/BUG' that is doubling your WEEKLY HAUL as well.

When they added Seal of the Adventurer currency to the Weekly/Daily's they had those also be included in the Weekly Haul incorrectly. So while I had 20 Acorns it was reporting I had 35 (cause 15 were Seal of the Adventurer) and after doing Re-Retrieval Operation it reported 65 Weekly Haul, even though I had 35 Acorns; the 30 extra were Seal of the Adventurer which should NOT have counted--Weekly Haul.

I suspect they added another currency to these quests; and something is being done in a similar fashion.

This started on Friday's Patch Sept 6th and Nitocris is aware of the issue with Acquisisions Inc; just may have done something similar in counting a currency they shouldn't have.

@percemer
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello,

I checked, and both issues were escalated yesterday :+1:

Thanks for your help
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    If you have under the 45, say you got 21 coins but is saying 42, then the next run appears to give you what that run normally would. Alliance member tested 2 days. He got 24 coins(went from 21-24) and next run 0. Lost a good player most likely if he cant get the fabled chapter after all this.
  • Options
    I have all the tomes and artifact and surplus 11 coins of old and still I have not received from Fabled Chapter for this event
  • Options
    hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    basically I think we only earn 23 coins a day with this bug instead of 45. Makes the grind almost impossible if you look at analytics you will see how few people have completed their fabled chapter so far. Somethings gotta change imo.
  • Options
    sixkilla78sixkilla78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can we please get this fixed i as many other have so much time invested in this event and this coin bug is very frustrating... before the event ends or at least fix and extend again so everyone can get it right....
  • Options
    Update : After still grinding the event around 150 coins of old I finally got the Fabled Chapter for the event.