test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.8

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    bojsha said:

Takeing away smolder that proc @ 50% chance only on critical strike ... what the ... (you can finish that one)

Playing Wizard feels like $h*t now, damage is cripled

Sounds like warlock class. Should I stop gearing up my wizard now, dropped that class into Neverwinter's "Cellar of classes" ?
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User

bojsha said:

Takeing away smolder that proc @ 50% chance only on critical strike ... what the ... (you can finish that one)

Sounds like warlock class. Should I stop gearing up my wizard now, dropped that class into Neverwinter's "Cellar of classes" ?
    Tho warlock got hips and hips of buffed damage

edited September 2019
    bojsha said:

bojsha said:

I missed that buff honestly. But what annoys me ist that up and down, switching all gear towards Oathkeeper, maybe need to switch back in the long run.
    I can accept, when there are classes set as meta for 2 mods+, since this game is not capable to get a stable balance, it never could. But stumbeling from one to the next and back in short is too time consuming imo.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

Dunno. But I started gearing my HR. Just in case...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    > @bojsha said:
    > Takeing away smolder that proc @ 50% chance only on critical strike ... what the ... (you can finish that one)
    >
    > Playing Wizard feels like $h*t now, damage is cripled

Even after this patch, HR and TR at the very best tie with CW in damage. That's not to mention the weaker dps classes. Maybe try adapting to the changes, switching your build around.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    gweddry said:

Even after this patch, HR and TR at the very best tie with CW in damage. That's not to mention the weaker dps classes. Maybe try adapting to the changes, switching your build around.

Thanks for the advice!
    Another fun option that I switch to these imba characters and outdps any of 'em on the server...
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
    edited September 2019
    I will go on to work on my Oathkeeper's "Blue big comfort shield", dump all my companion tokens and mio of AD to level those "+outgoing healing comps" to legendary, maybe to regret it next mod... That's my actual fun ingame :)
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So what I understood after this patch is that basicaIIy Conduit of ice and Iced terrain procs rimefire smoIder on main target, whiIe the nearby mobs are proc'ed reguIar smoIder and addition to this, rimefire smoIder is happening 50% of the time on criticaI attacks and once per second?
    Can our expert wizards Iike @sharpedge @thefabricant confirm if this is working differentIy or as this?
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Seriously? You think that nerfing the CW's main at-will + Icy terrain 33% is acceptable?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/d0s9u7/exploring_the_thaumaturge_nerf/
    Everyday I regret putting money into this game.
    Butcher might bonus in seer of the star robes require 15% hits and stack 5 times, compared to ebony armor, which is 10% and 10x stacks, shouIdn't it be an upgraded version?

bojsha said:

bojsha said:

I missed that buff honestly. But what annoys me ist that up and down, switching all gear towards Oathkeeper, maybe need to switch back in the long run.
    I can accept, when there are classes set as meta for 2 mods+, since this game is not capable to get a stable balance, it never could. But stumbeling from one to the next and back in short is too time consuming imo.
    Dont you worry buddy, I did not miss a singl one of the buffs on warlock!

Class feature: you deal increased damage by 5%
    Feat: you deal 20% more damage as targets helth deminishes
    Feat: you deal 10% increased damage when targets are afected with lesser curse

or I can privide you with the screenshots that all 3 can be used on the loadout? donno how you missed the buffs really :)
    bojsha said:

bojsha said:

bojsha said:

Dont you worry buddy, I did not miss a singl one of the buffs on warlock!

Class feature: you deal increased damage by 5%
    Feat: you deal 20% more damage as targets helth deminishes
    Feat: you deal 10% increased damage when targets are afected with lesser curse

or I can privide you with the screenshots that all 3 can be used on the loadout? donno how you missed the buffs really :)
    Can u share whats the other cIass feature u use and ur rotation?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

bojsha said:

Play a tr or hr. enjoy till the nerf wagon reaches their end ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> Takeing away smolder that proc @ 50% chance only on critical strike ... what the ... (you can finish that one)

>

I did, before the patch hit the live servers i was busy on the preview trying to adjust my build and i cant, wizard is recked that way tomorow am gonna buy Elder Scrolls Online and never comeback here, I've seen how wonderful that game is and yeah am done with Neverwinter.
    gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

>

Lmao, how many times will we have to 'adapt'? every week? Ok sure, its not like its a waste of time, ad or anything, its completely free to just adapt. Yep, in a game where every mod, one has to wonder 'what will be the best class' and NOT 'what will be the most enjoyable class'. Sorry dude the 'adapt' 'git gud' is way overused and overdone at this point.

Its not like they just change stuff without any explanation, but hey, ya know 'adapt' ;)

Butcher might bonus in seer of the star robes require 15% hits and stack 5 times, compared to ebony armor, which is 10% and 10x stacks, shouIdn't it be an upgraded version?

Are you trying to use logic here? sorry but you are in the wrong place for that. The primary policy is that old gear will always be better than newer ones ;)
    edited September 2019
    > @bojsha said:
    > (Quote)
    > Dont you worry buddy, I did not miss a singl one of the buffs on warlock!
    >
    > Class feature: you deal increased damage by 5%
    > Feat: you deal 20% more damage as targets helth deminishes
    > Feat: you deal 10% increased damage when targets are afected with lesser curse
    >
    > or I can privide you with the screenshots that all 3 can be used on the loadout? donno how you missed the buffs really :)

We talk about actual buffs according to THIS patch, right. You live in the past, that's feature we got right from the start where the class was implemented in mod 16 as a "bugged bundle" of underwhelming powers, fizzled together by a practicant I guess :)
    Even now main feats that were part of the class before mod 16 hit- > Creeping Death are bugged :/
    Despite the buffs you mentioned the class perform mediocre nothing else

When longterm warlock player like @tom#6998 state that their warlock deals slightly more then 50% of their CW inside the new endcontent it indicates a problem
    oh, they removed my post haha!
    here is a one more, I buyed and downloading Elder Scrolls Online as I write this :D
    am only at the forum out of respect tward other people but not neverwinter staff.
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

There are Some HUGE oversights in the crafting leveling, that need to be addressed ASAP.

Namely: Legendary tools are the same or lower quality than craft-able common tools, and the forgehammer at mythic does not have enough headspace between the craftable tools to be a valid consideration.

Legendary tools should be at least +50 proficiency and focus better than any craft-able tool, as it stands now they will be -25 compared to the +1 versions of those tools. And the forgehammer at mythic should be +25 to +50 over the legendary tools

Also it appears that NONE of the previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues at level 70 have been fixed.

Thank you for the feedback!

The legendary tools are level 70, as is the Forgehammer of Gond. Similar to how older, previously released combat equipment and artifacts are overshadowed when new level 80 equipment is released, this is intentional. The best level 70 tools will still be competitive, or in the case of the hammer, better than the best level 80 tools, but they will not maintain their massive advantage at 80.

When new level 80 masterwork tools are introduced, they will eclipse even the Forgehammer. It is possible that we will release a new level 80 artifact tool or legendary tools at a later date; however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

In regards to the "previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues," can you please provide a link to a post describing the issues in question, or re-post them here? I understand it can be frustrating if you have already reported an issue; however, it can be very difficult to track down the specific report in question from a simple passing mention of an issue.

Providing links or descriptions of the actual issue whenever you bring it up saves us a lot of time investigating the issue you are trying to report, and means we're more likely to be able to provide a fix sooner rather than later! Thank you!
    I will get a new list together when I am done with work, as I am not finding them on the forum right now...

I get the artifact, but the legendary tools may be "as intended" but it's still super
    Hamster...
    The reason this is NOT acceptable to crafters in the community is that Legendary tools are a direct result of Real world currency being used in the game. When you release a system like this, then invalidate items that are acquired primarily through people spending Zen, then you are lowering morale, as well as sending a clear message to anyone that might want to try and improve their own gaming experience by spending their hard earned money that it's a waste, because it will be straight wiped out in a matter of months, and with zero community interaction before hand.

I get progression, and I get that things change... and for the most part I think that the changes made to the game in the last year are building towards something amazing. I also get that interacting with the community takes more resources. But the tower trial is a great example of actually interacting with the community... as a result It's one of the most entertaining and bug free pieces of content this game has ever seen, as well as gives it's target audience exactly what they asked for. I know it's a tall order, but that is the kind of interaction we are looking for with crafting.

New bug: Gathering does not level past 70, so new recipes are not being unlocked

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    asterdahl said:

In regards to the "previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues," can you please provide a link to a post describing the issues in question, or re-post them here? I understand it can be frustrating if you have already reported an issue; however, it can be very difficult to track down the specific report in question from a simple passing mention of an issue.

Providing links or descriptions of the actual issue whenever you bring it up saves us a lot of time investigating the issue you are trying to report, and means we're more likely to be able to provide a fix sooner rather than later! Thank you!

I have reported some things through in-game bug reporting in the past, and not all have been addressed.

The most obvious one is when you right click any craft result in the professions window. Unless your right click is VERY short, a right mouse window briefly appears and immediately disappears. Clearly the window is being closed again if the right mouse button is still down in the next game tick. It does not open again when you hold the right mouse button, and it does not keep spazzing, just a single open and close. When you do manage to click very fast, the menu offers mark as favorite (which also has a separate button), inspect, preview, link to chat, inspect quality result and link quality result to chat. All very useful functions every now and then, if they were more easily accessible by not being bugged. I reported this in professions beta, and if it adds anything I could look up my report of it from back then, if I did write it on the forums - I just remembered that in game (preview server) bug reporting was disabled back then. It might have kept spazzing back then, and then that part was fixed, I don't really remember. At least it's still pretty unusable.

Also like the guy you were replying to already reported, new bug: Gathering is stuck at level 70, I am currently at Level 70, Experience to next level: 1,230,021 / 538,345. I assume I should be level 72 or almost level 72 by now, but it's still displaying level 70 and I can't use level 72 tools or recipes higher than level 75 (which is correct, you can access up to 5 levels higher recipes than your profession level), so I think it's really stuck and not somehow displaying the wrong number. I would also like to point out that fixing this bug will make people skip levels, and I hope that is not a problem.

There are also no achievements for reaching level 80 in a profession yet.

My professions materials satchel is full, you added about six new basic materials per profession plus their +1 versions and did not add any extra slots. People were already requesting about this in beta, but in my opinion it was not really needed back then. You don't need to hold some of every single material. However, some of every base material (either the normal or quality version) seems reasonable and is not hoarding too many materials. Plus both type materials for around the level you are crafting at. I think if you do the math, having a bit of all basic materials (cotton cloth, iron ore, copper bar, mudstone whetstone, walnut lumber stuff like that - not even all the scales and indexes and other complicated or third stage materials that some professions have) plus having all of the level 70-80 materials and their +1 versions, plus the masterworks materials and the Chult materials, you already exceed the bag size.

Edit sept 11: I have heard back from support, they are aware of the stuck on level 70 gathering bug. Here's to hoping they can fix it soon.
    Post edited by dillygirl on

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

> Dont you worry buddy, I did not miss a singl one of the buffs on warlock!

>

> Class feature: you deal increased damage by 5%

> Feat: you deal 20% more damage as targets helth deminishes

> Feat: you deal 10% increased damage when targets are afected with lesser curse

>

> or I can privide you with the screenshots that all 3 can be used on the loadout? donno how you missed the buffs really :)

Why do you keep looking at those numbers? In fact, let me correct you:

- You get about 20% (iirc) from being a hellbringer and using fire or necrotic power

- 4,5% from soul sparks (if you don't use tab because thats a self nerfing)

- The one that you say 5% we don't use it, we use the one that gives us consistent ca.

- 10% inc dmg from feat, or i use the one that does 75 mag dmg (they are about the same damage on average)

- Risky investment, when you stack it 5% per stack, in normal playing let's say about 10%

- 20% more damage as target health diminishes, same as demo its about 7% on average.

- Best case scenario, add tc daily that increases damage by 15%.

thats about 1,2x1,045x1,05x1,1x1,1x1,07x1,15= 96% more damage without counting equipment and all the rest.

Now lets check our best hitting encounters:

AOE curse bite 150 mag, and you have to use another encounter before that to only curse the enemies

ST killing flames 400-600 (about 500 on avg) 15 sec cooldown

If you multiply garbage by a lot, you get a lot of garbage.

In adition to that, we only get 1 cc skill (hardar grasp), which lasts for 2 seconds (3 if cursed). How is that normal in a mage class??? Of course you can't do pvp on dps loadout.

Now, our friend noworries says we have to have additive bonuses instead of multiplicative, so that 96% will turn into 71,5%, so we Will lose 25,5% of our damage, so we will hit as a tank.

phahahah haaha oh my gosh am crying from laughter!
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    How can you expect us to run TOO in its current state? Why give us content that is unplayable, then patch it so that it is still pretty much unplayable? Where are our missing trinkets that we "lost" ? We need this event to be re-scheduled or everybody needs to get the artifact + all the tales that participated. Somehow Cryptic needs to say sorry for a change and give us some "flowers + chocolates" for their terrible service
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

I get the artifact, but the legendary tools may be "as intended" but it's still super
    Hamster...
    The reason this is NOT acceptable to crafters in the community is that Legendary tools are a direct result of Real world currency being used in the game. When you release a system like this, then invalidate items that are acquired primarily through people spending Zen, then you are lowering morale, as well as sending a clear message to anyone that might want to try and improve their own gaming experience by spending their hard earned money that it's a waste, because it will be straight wiped out in a matter of months, and with zero community interaction before hand.

Sorry but that is a kind of Neverwinter, and MMOs's in general, sacred tradition - dont get used to anything.

Yes your tool may have its origin in a lockbox you bought with real money - but it does mean nothing here.
    Actually you can buy Zen with real money, then change those to ADs, and then you can buy almost anything with them on AH. It is your risk - its always like that if you buy anything more than cosmetics in any game.

• sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    It seems like the classes which enjoyed a healthy dps have their tables turned around this time. Currently, Arcanist is arguably the best ST dps class and is well suited for TOMM. Take examples of classes like warlock, barb, cleric and fighters that effectively have one paragon useless in TOMM and 3 of the aforementioned classes have their buffs added to their crit sev whilst the other dps classes enjoy multiplicative self bufs, or shall i call it self bugs?

If anything these classes take priority over any other classes when it comes to sorting their paragons out. At least a BiS geared Thaum can just use the same gear for Arcanist but a Bis Geared cleric dps or warlock, barb or fighter can't do the same for its other respective paragon.

I do agree TW does significantly less damage and should be buffed but if the dev's do take this decision, i would like to call them on the table for classes like barb,cleric and warlocks that have desperately been asking for buffs so that they could do TOMM but their excuse to not buff any class right now is that they are amidst of a new formula for damage and hence do not want to disturb the balance in game as of right now. The same should apply for each and every class then.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    @asterdahl to offer a better explanation of my suggestion to increase the size of the materials bag, I sorted my inventory to show you. Here is a screenshot of my crafting inventory. image

I have one of every common material: all ores and bars, all sand, all logs and lumber, all tailoring-plants, thread and cloth, all sinew, hides and leather etc. Of the materials that you use a lot to make things, like high level materials and alchemy ingredients or tailoring thread that is used in many other useful crafting recipes for other professions, I have both the normal and +1 version. This includes all glues, inks, cotton and silk thread, commonly used plants (and fish), and level 60-70 materials.

Then on the 4th row and half of the 3rd row from the bottom I have my level 70-75 materials for *most* professions. On the right is still some summer supplies and the bottom row is stuff queued to be sold. After that's sold, I will probably need those 1.5 rows to store the level 75-80 materials.

And then I even have only *one* intermediate masterworks material right now. All the chult, masterworks and black ice materials are spread throughout my list in places where I am missing a basic material that I would like to have on hand. I just started chult, and only got a few of those materials, and no intermediate materials as I have not yet unlocked chult professions.

If the bag size is not increased where will I store those materials? Is it so ridiculous to have one of every common material? I don't even have all the parchments, indexes, rings or scales... But cloth, thread, ingots, leather, and lumber is always used in many other recipes and is a pain to miss when you need it. And some are used in high level recipes, like silk thread in level 71 and 80 tailoring, oak log in level 71 leatherworking, copper ore in level 71 jewelcrafting, gold sand in level 80 jewelcrafting, iron ore in level 71 and 80 blacksmithing and armorsmithing and black ink in level 72 and 80 artificing. That's already 6 materials you want to store everything of that you get, because you need them to level. That's already 12 slots...
This discussion has been closed.