test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Levelling Queue

kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
OK what's happened to this queue after todays maintenance update. Normally the wait is just a few seconds. Now the estimated time seems to be about 7 or 8 minutes.
Have I missed something in the release notes?

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I said in another post something was wrong, I had a 15 minute idle disconnect while waiting for it to pop!
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It may have to do with all teams requiring a healer tank and 3 dps now (except pre made groups).
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User

It may have to do with all teams requiring a healer tank and 3 dps now (except pre made groups).

I suspect this may be the cause. Sensible move for the higher level skirmishes like Manycoins etc. but somewhat pointless for the likes of Dread Ring and Master of the Hunt which are the only 2 in the levelling queue. Makes running the levelling queue daily for the AD now pointless due to the long wait.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Regardless of what que it is the wait time is long either way.
    I said it before but I can say it again. If the AD is your reason for running a random que then let me suggest that you just que directly for a dungeon that you know is easy to get thru to get your AD. Remember no more keys needed and each dungeon has at least 1 chest and that chest can be opened freely each run and it does have raw unrefine AD each and every time you loot that chest.
  • blazin#9302 blazin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Regardless of what que it is the wait time is long either way.
    I said it before but I can say it again. If the AD is your reason for running a random que then let me suggest that you just que directly for a dungeon that you know is easy to get thru to get your AD. Remember no more keys needed and each dungeon has at least 1 chest and that chest can be opened freely each run and it does have raw unrefine AD each and every time you loot that chest.

thats a lot of easy ad to give up on not running random que's
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Maybe I am just me but On my main it has 2 mil unrefined AD and got that in less then 3 days because I decided to que and run lomm none stop for 2 days just because I was bored.
    Now you said alot of AD to give up but I say not really if you pick the dungeon correctly.
    Like say run CN none stop all day which is a fast dungeon loot the chest and your understand what i am getting at.
    Sure your giving up that bonus AD from the random but run cn back to back all day and that bonus AD isnt really given up because your end up getting tons of Ad anyways.
    Me I dont run any dungeon nor random for the AD because I have well way to much unrefined AD that I have been taking days off from the game because no reason to let a pile of milions of unrefine AD just get bigger.
    I also do not run randoms so just saying if a random really is taking long maybe going for a direct dungeon would make things go faster.
    Either way the problem for a dps is not enough healers and tanks qued causing the ques to take to long.
  • blazin#9302 blazin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i'm talking bonus dailies even repeat has glad u can farm lomm all day some can't and for them random que'ing is our way of farming ad i don't know how u have to much rad mine refines everyday even when i forget to i don't think that its a problem that not enough healers/tank are que'ing as much as its there isn't enough support players to fill all the dps there is maybe they can judge the servers but from i see its like 90% dps 10% support you have to admit there is a problem with the way it is now it didn't work before and it won't work now my point about random que'ing is for us with very limited play time i can see your point about farming straight up i was more thinking of i have couple hrs to get dailies in and random que'ing that pretty much nerf ppl that can't be here for hrs all day
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Such a STUPID move - now Random Levelling and Random Intermediate don't pop at all.

Is it really too much to ask that someone actually thinks about these things before implementing them.

Idiots
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Really, there was never any doubt that this would happen. Before the fix 99% of all instance for RIQ and RLQ were dps only.

After the fix you still got everyone trying to get their dps character in only now the character types that you basically never saw in RIQ or RLQ are now required.

Yesterday, based entirely on the complaints I heard from everyone else in game I simply chose to use my healer instead and the wait time for me was only a minute or two as usual in RLQ and RIQ.

My only change now will be that for RIQ I will now be using whatever one gets the bonus rAD which will probably still be a tank type and just us my DC for the RLQ.

I am also sure that the wait times will shorten up considerably once more people figure it out.

Also, you could probably even cheat with a hybrid class character on this and queue up as a healer or tank and then switch back to DPS once they get in.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Yup. Prior to the change, I always queued up with DPS and got a shorter skirmish. Whenever I saw a tank or heal, I shake my head because that guy does not know how to work the queue.

It should not be long for players to adjust and we start seeing more fighter/barbie queueing only as tank and cleric/warlock only as heal.

Also, you could probably even cheat with a hybrid class character on this and queue up as a healer or tank and then switch back to DPS once they get in.

This does not work anymore with mod 17. You can not change roles after you queued, not even before the queue pops.
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    What if you need dungeoneer shards? Guess you're just out of luck. Or have the few people with support chars run random queues all day
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    ZAX backlog is just over 7.5 million AD, down from over 8 last week. Is the restriction of RAD-earning randoms a ploy to drain AD out of the game? Fully support removing party balance requirements from MotH and DL, btw...pointless when even lower item level 80's can succeed at these.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    One silver lining (or maybe intended goal) with the new RLQ party requirement is there should be less AFK-farming and botting.

ZAX backlog is just over 7.5 million AD, down from over 8 last week. Is the restriction of RAD-earning randoms a ploy to drain AD out of the game? Fully support removing party balance requirements from MotH and DL, btw...pointless when even lower item level 80's can succeed at these.

This occurred to me also - a way of taking RAD out of the game economy :(

One silver lining (or maybe intended goal) with the new RLQ party requirement is there should be less AFK-farming and botting.

There is no silver-lining amigo :)