test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOO. STILL YET AGAIN - NO. JUST NO. AND the daily cap is broken. HUZZAH!

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
edited September 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
TOO is STILL COMPLETELY UNDOABLE.

I'm so mad I could spit nails.

You ate our trinkets, you wasted our time, twice now, it's still not doable, FIX THIS AND STOP MESSING AROUND.

Please take a look at the damage our end game group was taking from random mobs. This is tier 2/3.
The combat advantage on the mobs is OUT OF CONTROL. This event is still impossible. You are killing my will to live.

https://imgur.com/a/YFD6Klg

also:
meirami said:

The daily limit for coins earned is supposed to be 45, but currently the event registers all coins we gain twofold.

Because of this, we can only get 23 coins a day, rounded up from 22.5. That is 6 days of grinding instead of 3. Anyone who hasn't already been able to reach the cap is now unable to get a Fabled Chapter and it's just Sunday.

Part of the problem also is that the progress bar in the UI displays the erroneous double amount.

So if you only look at that you get a big negative surprise when you open the shop.

Post edited by andorrabell on

Comments

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    This explain why my Tank 650k HP was 3-hit killing me in 3/5 Tales
    2fv72Fw.png
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Where is the update? This lack of communication is not okay guys.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Even if you manage to drudge through ToO, the daily coin limit counts everything you gain twice and so you can only get half as many coins as you should daily. I don't know what to say at this point. Maybe we'll have more information on Monday, hopefully.
    edited September 2019
    I REFUSE to play this broken content, it enables them.
    I have this event done on three characters for both the first two rounds.
    Now I have nothing. This is a YEAR long event that is in progress and it's broken.
    I literally scheduled things around when this event would happen in order to get that done.
    This is not acceptable.

At this point the only fixes I can see are
    a.) extend it yet again, and vastly increase the rewards for completing rounds 1-3, as no other rounds are complete able or
    b.) give everyone full credit for full completion of this event and call it a day.
    It's even worse than I thought, lol
    meirami said:

The daily limit for coins earned is supposed to be 45, but currently the event registers all coins we gain twofold.

Because of this, we can only get 23 coins a day, rounded up from 22.5. That is 6 days of grinding instead of 3. Anyone who hasn't already been able to reach the cap is now unable to get a Fabled Chapter and it's just Sunday.

• milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    A lot of players are getting this daily cap bug of 23 instead of 45. I am not surprised at their lack of testing, lack of communication and even lack of a proper fix.
    Hey we get to do this all over again at the next Tales of Old event which will be "working as intented" as they like to put it. Lack of testing and of course scaling issues.
    Hmm let's see:
    1) Mod 15 AI - bug with ship in first quest prevents players from progressing
    2) Mod 16 Scaling issues, Bug with drop of companion gear if in party, lack of alabaster drops and rarely spawn Shadows and impossible to kill Watcher bosses, random weapon class for random player gets random drop straight to inventory and no control over offhand / mainhand.
    3) CTA Skirmish scaling bugged, Issues with timer on Major HE in IWD for legacy quests, Unable to finish CR due to last boss bug with sword and aoe. Red Lines in final boss in Tong bugged - do not match up with then aoe is supposed to be,
    4) Mod 17 : FE bug and loop allowed fast track of players to access ToMM, Broken Random Queues and then broken Broken ME and WE, Scaling issues with ToO, Daily cap bug with ToO. Problems with Professions recipes and no MasterWorks recipes.

I've missed a few but you get the idea. A little concerned at their lack of QA and thorough testing prior to pushing content out live in the rush to get money.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Part of the problem also is that the progress bar in the UI displays the erroneous double amount.

So if you only look at that you get a big negative surprise when you open the shop.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I was looking forward to this event for months! What a waste of time. I hope this gets a proper fix with a week to play it properly
  • mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I main a Fighter tank and for me the storyteller artifacts are the perfect lineup of secondary artifacts to make my tank even better, but now I can't even farm the artifact anymore because of these bugs and issues... How am I supposed to progress my character, if Cryptic is the one stopping me from doing so?
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    > @andorrabell said:
    > Where is the update? This lack of communication is not okay guys.

There are several discussione about ToO and many post talking about the Daily of this event. not a word from devs...
  • toonban#1467 toonban Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is just sad now ... we all look forward to these events, and every time, there is something wrong. EVERY TIME! It's really hard to stay positive about the game we all love when this keeps happening :o( Worse thing is, it's the same mistakes and the same cycle repeating itself again and again and again. You should learn from the mistakes and not make them next time around!
  • groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Well this Was and is a Monumental Failure on Cryptics team. Can we get a fix for this event, The 40% base Hp for tank classes is gone now so that's cool now tanks.1. Do less damage. 2 Lose upwards of 50-k Hp. Ya I love this game and i have been enjoying Tower of the Mad Mage. But come-on a limited time event open to all is harder than the. "End Game" content. This needs to be addressed Asap. Plz
    Where are the trinkets that was stolen from us? If my staff was this bad at their jobs, i would have to take steps. In the end I would have to replace them. Cryptic seems to have noworries :P
    edited September 2019

Where are the trinkets that was stolen from us? If my staff was this bad at their jobs, i would have to take steps. In the end I would have to replace them. Cryptic seems to have noworries :P

Also, you guys clearly need to give nitocris a raise, since if she takes time off it appears the rest of the team is completely incapable of interacting appropriately with the community.

GIVE NITOCRIS A RAISE AND HIRE HER AN UNDERLING. @nitocris83 @terramak
    STAT.
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I got in ,got my HAMSTER kicked so hard that I cry
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    anyone remember seeing in other games, years ago...
    when we make massive crit hits, "ancestors felt the pain".
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I was also getting the daily cap bug. It's really disheartening =[.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    This whole event was a disaster and that's really sad to see. As a player that began in M7, I was very excited to play this dungeon, like the other 2 TOO, to discover what the ancient times were. I took the time to grind the first 2 TOO to get everything, the artifact + the 5 tales, the fabled chapter and the vanity pet.

And... here we are on Dread Vault, on the first TOO since the M16 changes. And this was an utterly bad experience.
    At first, the harsh scaling and the general damage of the ennemies made the 1st round playable, the 2nd round very hard and the 3rd round impossible.
    After a few days and the extension of the event the scaling was up to 20k removed, and this made the 1st round easy, the 2nd round playable, the 3rd round a bit hard and the 4th round impossible.

The grind model of this event was also bugged, as you could only get half of the coins per day, so 23 since all your coins were counted double. So when you take into account that you can only get 23 coins a day, that you can't do more than T3 runs so 7 coins max per run, and that you still need 135 coins to get the fabled chapter... I hope you realize what insanity is that.

The event was really enjoyable on the first two TOO. Not the grind as it's too much in my opinion, but the dungeons and the difficulty were fine. Most groups could succeed a T3 run, and to manage to do a T5 run you needed a good party and to pay attention to your moves on the last 2 runs. This is what proper difficulty scaling is.

Now what we got here is an event that didn't get updated correctly for the M16 changes. The scaling at first, the way too important damage of the ennemies already at T2, the 3rd malus that is now too dangerous since lifesteal isn't a thing, the 4th malus that is now horrendus since the cooldow of our powers are already long... This makes the T4 and T5 absolutely impossible.
    The difficulty seems still based on the pre-M16 game where lifesteal was there to compensate the 3rd malus, where the cooldowns were low so the 4th malus was decent, and where there was enough buffs and mitigation to compensate the 5th malus and to get a T5 victory. All of that is not possible now, the game changed too much.

So in conclusion, after having everything from the Lair of the Mad Dragon and the Frozen Heart after a (too) long grind, I grinded hours and hours on the Dread Vault to get the 30 coins needed for the artifact and finally get the vanity pet. I'll probably grind the 1st tale since it's only 5 coins, and maybe, maybe if I'm brave enough I'll grind the 2nd tale that cost 9.
    But I'll not be able to get the fabled chapter, nor the last 3 tales to complete my artifact.

I'm now a proud owner of the 3 mythic journal, the legendary sash and the 3 vanity pets. Unfortunately, my 3rd journal won't be completed and I won't be able to get the scarf of embellishment.

It was truely a shame.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I haven't even bothered with this T.O.O. It's a joke
    We take a party into TOO which can runn LOMM in 20 - 21minutes. We struggle to finish T2 runs even after the patch. @nitocris83 @terramak
    When can we expect this event to work as intented?
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I took a group of incredibly good and game players (TOMM level) and we got to round 4. We had to bail on round 4 because we lost 12 lives on the first boss. Was unbelievable. And that was with some of the best players in this game.. only to find out that the daily cap bug screws you at 23 coins per day. =[ @nitocris83 why doesn't the dev team test their game?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    milyen said:

I've missed a few HUNDRED BUGS but you get the idea. A little concerned at their lack of QA and thorough testing prior to pushing content out live in the rush to get money.

Fixed that for you. ;)
    Even if the daily cap were removed and the amount of coins gained were doubled, it is starting to get really late for that if the event still ends on Thursday morning. Guess most people on PC will be cheated out of their Fabled Chapter and better luck on consoles.
    edited September 2019
    meirami said:

Even if the daily cap were removed and the amount of coins gained were doubled, it is starting to get really late for that if the event still ends on Thursday morning. Guess most people on PC will be cheated out of their Fabled Chapter and better luck on consoles.

I think they have several options:
    1.) Fix the event and run it for another week (highly unlikely). Or pull the event for several weeks and re-run it when it actually works. (seems more likely, but we are already angry enough, aren't we)?

2.) Change the rewards per run, fix the cap, and run it for another week (seems easy and the best solution)- i.e. way more tokens for 1,2,3 as 4 and 5 are not complete able. ADD MORE LIVES AND TIME so round 3 is more realistic.

3.) Give every single currently existing character on PC full credit for full completion of this event- a fully stacked artifact and the special event token and the pet. Say they are sorry, and never EVER EVER release something this broken again. And if you do, fix it right the FIRST TIME don't completely fail to fix it and let it limp along in that state

Any other option is not acceptable to me, and it shouldn't be to anyone.
    Along with any option HIRE @nitocris83 SUPPORT NOW.
  • milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I have farmed the hell out of this event. I practically lived in this dungeon. I have the artifact and all tomes and 8 coins of old in my inventory and still I am unable to get my fabled token or equip the artifact.

I should get get the Fabled token after 129 +6 = 135 tokens and I have currently 137!

Please look into this ASAP

I took a group of incredibly good and game players (TOMM level) and we got to round 4. We had to bail on round 4 because we lost 12 lives on the first boss. Was unbelievable. And that was with some of the best players in this game.. only to find out that the daily cap bug screws you at 23 coins per day. =[ @nitocris83 why doesn't the dev team test their game?

One suspects that there isn't enough people working on this game for them to get a full party of 5 testers together to do any testing.

Along with any option HIRE @nitocris83 SUPPORT NOW.

Why?

I'd rather see another developer or a QA tester.
    milyen said:

I have farmed the hell out of this event. I practically lived in this dungeon. I have the artifact and all tomes and 8 coins of old in my inventory and still I am unable to get my fabled token or equip the artifact.

I should get get the Fabled token after 129 +6 = 135 tokens and I have currently 137!

Please look into this ASAP

This is the reason why my husband refuses to farm the Tales this time. Happened to him last time, and the customer support's reply was that they can't give any event currency or items to anyone for any reason.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The sad part for me is I don't even care about the rewards -- I just want to run some alts through so I can get the Epic Dread Vault achievement that I already had on my main (who dates back to Mod 2). Our group couldn't even finish a 1x run with all the adds. Maybe I'll try to get in a group tonight, but it seems like everyone is largely sitting it out.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    The Coin Counter is broken. I feel like we have been robbed.

The Coin Counter doubles the number of coins you have actually earned in a day and caps you at that number. Consequently we can only earn a maximum of 22 coins per day.

Given the insane difficulty of the T4 dungeon this makes it intolerably difficult to earn a Fabled Chapter or to make a complete Artifact during the event. And because the coins do not carry forward to the next Tales event any time we have spent grinding this event will be a total waste.

We have been robbed! People who have manage to get their 135 tokens still don't get their Fabled Chapter.

Please do something about this situation fast.