Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.8

Comments

• oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Is this already on LIVE somehow?
    Did they mess up the patch notes again?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Well son, what an aweful show with the tales event.
    First off all, scaling is not even there. Secondly you dint test this, definitely not, you prolly did x1 and said "thats good enough". Tbf all was all laugh and happiness till x3 last boss where the frustration all started. Invisible unavoidable 1 shots that wiped us with 13 healths. And again, same mistake, each difficulty seems not to only nerf players but boost enemies.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

There are Some HUGE oversights in the crafting leveling, that need to be addressed ASAP.

Namely: Legendary tools are the same or lower quality than craft-able common tools, and the forgehammer at mythic does not have enough headspace between the craftable tools to be a valid consideration.

Legendary tools should be at least +50 proficiency and focus better than any craft-able tool, as it stands now they will be -25 compared to the +1 versions of those tools. And the forgehammer at mythic should be +25 to +50 over the legendary tools

Also it appears that NONE of the previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues at level 70 have been fixed.

Thank you for the feedback!

The legendary tools are level 70, as is the Forgehammer of Gond. Similar to how older, previously released combat equipment and artifacts are overshadowed when new level 80 equipment is released, this is intentional. The best level 70 tools will still be competitive, or in the case of the hammer, better than the best level 80 tools, but they will not maintain their massive advantage at 80.

When new level 80 masterwork tools are introduced, they will eclipse even the Forgehammer. It is possible that we will release a new level 80 artifact tool or legendary tools at a later date; however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

In regards to the "previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues," can you please provide a link to a post describing the issues in question, or re-post them here? I understand it can be frustrating if you have already reported an issue; however, it can be very difficult to track down the specific report in question from a simple passing mention of an issue.

Providing links or descriptions of the actual issue whenever you bring it up saves us a lot of time investigating the issue you are trying to report, and means we're more likely to be able to provide a fix sooner rather than later! Thank you!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    well i guess cryptic managed to kill thaum CW
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User

Does this include improvements to Zok's Lockbox, ie new items from it dropping?

this is the loot of 112 zok box (28 boxs for each character)

I had 40 saved up on one toon and it was like Christmas. Artifacts, Epic pet gear, 1000k IL items, pets and vanity pets. got something extra in every box besides rAD and potions. Then the DC's started...that was an hour ago. :(
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

There are Some HUGE oversights in the crafting leveling, that need to be addressed ASAP.

Namely: Legendary tools are the same or lower quality than craft-able common tools, and the forgehammer at mythic does not have enough headspace between the craftable tools to be a valid consideration.

Legendary tools should be at least +50 proficiency and focus better than any craft-able tool, as it stands now they will be -25 compared to the +1 versions of those tools. And the forgehammer at mythic should be +25 to +50 over the legendary tools

Also it appears that NONE of the previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues at level 70 have been fixed.

Thank you for the feedback!

The legendary tools are level 70, as is the Forgehammer of Gond. Similar to how older, previously released combat equipment and artifacts are overshadowed when new level 80 equipment is released, this is intentional. The best level 70 tools will still be competitive, or in the case of the hammer, better than the best level 80 tools, but they will not maintain their massive advantage at 80.

When new level 80 masterwork tools are introduced, they will eclipse even the Forgehammer. It is possible that we will release a new level 80 artifact tool or legendary tools at a later date; however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.
    While I was certain this was intended, how is it that any progression that cost a lot of time/effort/AD is always wiped out without compensation whatsoever? Oh, yeah, I forgot ... we could make profit with a forgehammer in the past, I guess.
    I'm sorry for my tone, but this is a bit unsettling.
    The new tools are easily obtainable and will drop in price so fast that I might miss it if I blink. What was the forgehammer worth around winter fest, when prices were pretty low for it? 5-6 mil AD.
    So, considering the new tools will be pretty much free, this is quite a blow.
    Same with unlocking MW, when lvl 80 potions are better than MW 3 potions. Everybody can reach lvl 80 and buy/gather some mats, while unlocking was expensive and time consuming.
    And not everybody unlocked MW a long time ago and could make a lot of money with it to compensate for the loss now.

- bye bye -
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Slime's insight (Green Slime companion bonus) grants no defense since this patch.
  • vidosck#8352 vidosck Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I dont really care bout crafting anymore and I feel better this way, way less time consuming playing like this now. But remember during the rework of the crafting talks (pre-mod 15) all that was said about respecting the investment of those who did it. Was mentionned everytime, that was very important... 2 mods later .....

Speaking about the Forgehammer primarly because its a big first investment... The mythic Tool...... but what now? A mythic tool will be less valuable than another mythic tool later?

And since when an artefact is level influenced ? Never been the case before in all the previous 70 levels we had to go through... Never had "lesser" artefacts... An artefact was an artefact. Sorry I just dont really follow the train of thought here.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    bojsha said:

gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

> Nerf's to wizards since mod 6, yeah it goes that far back.

Then it seems a bit weird that after over 4 years of continuous nerfing, cw is currently the best pve dps and does very well in pvp.

Thats funny, cos i never ever seen any Wizard out dps a Ranger player in Lomm or Tomm also. The numbers are there, its pretty clear that Ranger has at most highest PvE damage ... get your facts streight dude, stop pointing fingers at Wizards that keep getting nerfed or maybe thats why your doing it, devs dont test anything actually, they dont give 2 cents about it, just nerf wizards, buff rangers ... damn I wish for some real devs that actualy do there job.
    Additionally, before M16 GWFs were the real DPS monsters (and the most honed class by the Devs). So yes, except for the start of M16 CWs have actually never been at the tops dps-wise since M6.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2019

bojsha said:

gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

Then it seems a bit weird that after over 4 years of continuous nerfing, cw is currently the best pve dps and does very well in pvp.

Thats funny, cos i never ever seen any Wizard out dps a Ranger player in Lomm or Tomm also. The numbers are there, its pretty clear that Ranger has at most highest PvE damage ... get your facts streight dude, stop pointing fingers at Wizards that keep getting nerfed or maybe thats why your doing it, devs dont test anything actually, they dont give 2 cents about it, just nerf wizards, buff rangers ... damn I wish for some real devs that actualy do there job.
    Additionally, before M16 GWFs were the real DPS monsters (and the most honed class by the Devs). So yes, except for the start of M16 CWs have actually never been at the tops dps-wise since M6.
    Im not gonna point out any specific classes for being broken, its not their fault, its the team that keep doing same mistakes. They seriously think that nerfing is the right road to balance. but the issue with that is if we had 3 classes that were more or less on the same level, you continue nerfing one, the moment you buff the other 4, that one you've been nerfing is gonna become useless, which leads back to the beginning of this never ending circle of 'balance attempts'. For me, Dc n Op were 'ok' on the healing side, one had shield and the other had burst healing, sw was slightly weaker due to them relying more on dots. Instead of buffing Sw to match the other 2, they decided it was a better idea to continue nerfing OPs, which is why some of them are currently moving over to dcs. They dont know how to balance classes, cause they dont fully test abilities and potentials.

If 3 or 4 classes (cause i still dont see sw even close to the other 3) were overperforming, would have been easier to buff the other 3 classes and also buff the enemies accordingly. But nope, they keep doing the same thing that rendered tr useless for several mods in pve, cw had their fair share are aswel, not even gonna talk about sw, their only joy has been their launch and mod15.

But on a serious note, please stop nerfing cw cos we are currently not the most broken class in the game. Each class should be equally prolific at aoe, with a hybrid between burst and dots, and same for bosses. The moment you have classes literally one shotting enemies, there's where u should start from, but not by nerfing them. buff the enemies and the other classes. Nerfs are not good, cant be so difficult to tell

Btw i hope they dont forget that cw/tr/hr are only dpses and dont have dual roles like the other classes. They should have slightly more damage than the other classes, something between 5-10% but not more.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • bojsha said:

gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

Why always someone to remember the GWF class? When the enchant light changed and made CW the biggest dps in the game, I don't see anyone remembering that. But if it does not fail my memory this was in Mod 11 or 12.
    Then it was time for TR and GF to be the new gods, they were the ones who made Orcus in Tong in one phase. But whenever someone criticizes the balance of the classes, they just remember to quote GWF.

Just remembering the elders and showing one more argument to the younger ones, when Elite Mercenaria leader Lazalia did all the solo dungeons (I think the first player to do this), the GWF class suffered a big nerf, Lazalia's construction became inefficient and in some modules the GWFs had to adapt to be competitive again.

In this topic: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1250930/pc-bugged-self-buffs-on-the-asterdahl-classes Dev assumes that some classes are broken and are causing more damage than others. What should be discussed here was a fair class balance, with an average of 5% maximum difference between classes, something that was promised in the Mod 16 preview, and which has not been fulfilled so far.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The warlock community is disappointed, yet another patch with no bug fixes for us... No balancing ... Our dps could hardly be even considered viable. Not to mention all the other dps classes suffering from not being able to do new content(not because of a lack of skill/gear) you guys were right only 5 percent will complete this in the first month because only 5 percent of groups run a pure ranger/wizard/rogue crew.. Please .. some type of communication or semi timeline would be greatly appreciated because i speak for alot of people when i say.. My patience is running out with this game
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

While I was certain this was intended, how is it that any progression that cost a lot of time/effort/AD is always wiped out without compensation whatsoever?

This is the way mmorpgs work and have always worked. With new expansions, the cap is always lifted and the old gear becomes worthless.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited September 2019

bojsha said:

gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

Why always someone to remember the GWF class? When the enchant light changed and made CW the biggest dps in the game, I don't see anyone remembering that. But if it does not fail my memory this was in Mod 11 or 12.
    Then it was time for TR and GF to be the new gods, they were the ones who made Orcus in Tong in one phase. But whenever someone criticizes the balance of the classes, they just remember to quote GWF.

Just remembering the elders and showing one more argument to the younger ones, when Elite Mercenaria leader Lazalia did all the solo dungeons (I think the first player to do this), the GWF class suffered a big nerf, Lazalia's construction became inefficient and in some modules the GWFs had to adapt to be competitive again.

In this topic: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1250930/pc-bugged-self-buffs-on-the-asterdahl-classes Dev assumes that some classes are broken and are causing more damage than others. What should be discussed here was a fair class balance, with an average of 5% maximum difference between classes, something that was promised in the Mod 16 preview, and which has not been fulfilled so far.
    That tread is the very main reason for the "Fix" to be soo annoying for me, why now if we already have dmg balance in works ?
    If anything should be treated before it should be the warloks, i dont play that class but i can see they are in a bad place and this balance in discussion will not fix that... since they are counted between the bugged classes...

BTW if had played old GF when they became top dps you would know the hate they faced for that, even if you ignore the PVP complains...
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    "In regards to the "previously and numerously reported crafting recipe or gathering box issues," can you please provide a link to a post describing the issues in question, or re-post them here? I understand it can be frustrating if you have already reported an issue; however, it can be very difficult to track down the specific report in question from a simple passing mention of an issue."
    @asterdahl
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249777/potion-of-power-rank-9-1-not-working.
    I reported this issue in june, still not working and the problem persists into this latest update. Potion of power rank 10, +1 does not work at all. potion is consumed, no buff or power increase.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    24k+ group cant go over x3->too difficult

p.s. Remove scaling
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    devilxjk said:

24k+ group cant go over x3->too difficult

p.s. Remove scaling

Your item level is capped at 20k in the dungeon. My advice: don't waste your time once you hit that arbitrary dev wall.
    asterdahl said:

I dont really care bout crafting anymore and I feel better this way, way less time consuming playing like this now. But remember during the rework of the crafting talks (pre-mod 15) all that was said about respecting the investment of those who did it. Was mentionned everytime, that was very important... 2 mods later .....

Speaking about the Forgehammer primarly because its a big first investment... The mythic Tool...... but what now? A mythic tool will be less valuable than another mythic tool later?

And since when an artefact is level influenced ? Never been the case before in all the previous 70 levels we had to go through... Never had "lesser" artefacts... An artefact was an artefact. Sorry I just dont really follow the train of thought here.

Others have addressed the concept that equipment will always become obsolete as levels are increased, but I want to comment specifically on the posts you are referencing where I have in the past said that previous investments in professions will continue to carry forward.

Those comments were made specifically in reference to masterwork—and those comments remain true. With every tier of masterwork, you need to have completed the previous tier on order to advance. That will remain true when the next tier of masterwork quests is added. So that investment will continue to carry forward.

While we are not ready to give a date on the next tier of masterwork recipes, we are working on them. I would like to apologize again, as I have before, for the delay on the initial level 71-80 recipes. This was something we wanted to release with the launch of Module 16, but had to be delayed as we focused resources on other areas.
    I'm still down 500 gold from those Masterwork weapons I made in Mod 15, weapons that are worthless today (having recovered 1500 gold from my initial outlay to date). I don't plan on being fooled again. I distinctly remember a livestream during Mod 15 where Foss and Julia explicitly stated that they planned to have Masterwork weapons be the best you could get for quite a while. Imagine how I feel now after what took place a mere two months after that statement.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    lol the problem with tales is not scaling... there is no scaling at all there when i enter tales my il goes to 20k but my stats stay the same. im doing tales with 200k power so thats not the problem the problem is that mobs are getting stronger on each run.
    look into mobs stats they keep rising and rising unti they one shoit us with just a auto attack... again no testing was done as usual. do you need players to test stuff for you?? just ask me mates... im all yours just say it
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Health Balancing:

I suggest you move in a new direction:

o Change the Indomitable Runestone such that when slotted in a Defense slot, gives 4,000 Health.
    o NERF the Manticore's Mane Bite equip effect from 50% of Health to 25% of Health.
    o Fix Tenebrous Enchantments

--------------------

Adding Health runestones allows tanks to get back their lost HP at a cost, and opens up some usefulness for DEF companion slots, which are pretty much avoided by all classes now. Each DEF slot currently costs players more than 1% damage. Even a tank has no reason to place a defensive rune. This should change so the companion gear is not one-dimensional.

-------------------

Manticores Mane Bite damage needs to go down. 25% is the proper amount. For a character with 400,000 Health firing a Daily power every 2 minutes... this now deals 100,000 damage per combat-minute. This equals about 5% damage boost for any top end DPS or tank. Reducing the effect from 50% to 25% will cut this in half... so that 2.5% will be the max possible damage gain under perfect conditions. In practice, about 66% of the damage from Manticore's Mane Bite is wasted because it hits enemies with low health, or it doesn't proc at all. In addition... the damage is uncontrollable... making it less valuable than controlled damage like a flat DPS boost has. Cutting the % Health damage in half will yield a final damage range that is comparable to gear in class. They will still be BiS for some, but not for all characters. Right now, if its not changed, it will be BiS for all characters... a mandatory equipment.

I paid 6.7 million AD for a Tanners Leather Ring two days after they came out, knowing i was overpaying, out of fear that a patch would come out and cause all the UM rings to become bound to account before I could get one... so believe me, I have no personal motive to nerf Manticore. It's just needed for a better game. Putting a damage cap on it is totally the wrong way to go, because then it punishes character building and stat increasing and spending money.

-------------------

Right now only one Tenebrous enchantment gives its proc %, even though the tooltip says all of them add together up to a 30% chance. I recommend overhauling this to something that is reasonable, but encourages character building, so that multple rings add to its power, and so that Health is a component of its damage but not the entire component of the formula, and is NOT capped.

For instance,

Tenebrous has a 10% chance to proc each time you deal damage, but cannot occur more than once per 5 seconds.
    Maximum damage of one shot from Tenebrous equals 250 times Character Level in damage.
    Each slotted Tenebrous enchantment increases the damage whenever Tenebrous fires:

Rank 1 Tenebrous - Adds 25 damage plus .05% of Health as additional damage
    Rank 5 Tenebrous - Adds 375 damage plus .25% of Health as additional damage
    Rank 10 Tenebrous - Adds 1375 damage plus .5% of Health as additional damage
    Rank 15 Tenebrous - Adds 3000 damage plus .75% of Health as additional damage

This lets Tenbrous damage stack without limitations, within the same damage range as Radiant enchants, and it simply adds all of the damages a single pool of Tenebrous damage when it procs. The proc rate is by constant definition.

----------------------

With the current system, it is obligatory that all informed characters (the 80% who need DPS) , to equip exactly one Tenebrous enchantment, one Tanners Leather Ring, and to never equip a companion gear that does not have two OFFense slots on it. The suggestions above, will bring back variety and balance.
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    lardeson said:

bojsha said:

gweddry said:

> @bojsha said:

> (Quote)

For me, Dc n Op were 'ok' on the healing side, one had shield and the other had burst healing, sw was slightly weaker due to them relying more on dots. Instead of buffing Sw to match the other 2, they decided it was a better idea to continue nerfing OPs, which is why some of them are currently moving over to dcs. They dont know how to balance classes, cause they dont fully test abilities and potentials.
    If 3 or 4 classes (cause i still dont see sw even close to the other 3) were overperforming, would have been easier to buff the other 3 classes and also buff the enemies accordingly.
    Actually I switched all my stuff towards Oathkeeper and try to reach the afforded numbers (50% outgoing) for endcontent.
    Regarding dps/striker my Hellbringer is ok but inferior to other classes, I know this and won't stuff him for endcontent actually.
    I did arrange my Soulweaver equip a bit and did many runs till now (lomm/tong etc). The average impression is, that my runs (random/premade) are pretty smooth same as the runs are even faster in comparison to my Oathkeeper. I switched my compgear+ bonds for and back between those two healer, SW a bit inferior in stats/gear and outgoing healing.
    I myself was not that optimistic when mod 17 launched but was thought by @thefabricant and others in forum that helalock is doing fine. The healing path got improved significantly imo. Most important was the "fix" towards essence drain and some fixes. If I scale this up, the healing path at endgear is in a pretty solid position, since sparkgain is better and the class does pretty good in fast burst healing, covering the hole group in 50'' 360° no targeting needed, wich is indeed an advantage.
    That's my actual impression of Soulweaver and healer ingame.
    But you are correct that those nerfs towards Oathkeeper (actually I don´t run DC atm) were noticeable, maybe needed and required some (managelable) adaptions in playstyle (no endless Divinity, need to pray, need to care about stacks of Prayer of Opportunity).
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    > @mentinmindmaker said:
    > (Quote)
    > This is the way mmorpgs work and have always worked. With new expansions, the cap is always lifted and the old gear becomes worthless.

Not in such a manner, at least not the games I play.
    M15 was when again...
    And gear, yes. I'd agree if lvl 80 potions were new MW recipes, but they aren't.
    My point is, that you have to work on MW. Lvl 80? Not at all.
    They are not supposed to be better than MW in my eyes. The forgehammer in regards to MW is a very expensive tool, not just some single profession tool you can craft.
    I don't give a single you know what that lvl 70 crafted tools are outdated.
    - bye bye -
  • tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    > @isyutaru84 said:
    > Wizard: Rimefire Smolder can no longer proc rapidly on certain power casts.
    >
    > Guys what does this mean someone can explain me ? if realy know.

Devs already bugged multi-proccing powers (CoI, IT) to only proc smolder only on the main target rather than all targets hit. So, no change from this one and they seem to not give a damn about it...

The only change I could find now is that Ray of Frost was proccing smolder like crazy and now, it's only on half the hits. Like if smolder had an internal cd.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2019

You have never run with SharpEdge or Soup... rangers are currently 15-20% behind Wizards in damage potential at single target end game...

That being stated, the reduction to rimfire/smolder could be seen from a long way's off. bleed/roots/intermediate damage procs are on the way out... no other class paragon has an end game build as reliant on passive DOT's as the thaum build... this is really a fix, not a nerf. All you had to do was look at the ACT log of different classes, and look at the percentage of damage the Thaum paragon has with DOT's compared to say a DPS warlock, a thorned root build Ranger.. etc...

Maybe single target they are close. And Tomm is all but single target.
    But CW cannot outdps HR on trash due to mobility and better at-wills. Especially if its low-HP one-shottable trash.
    Post edited by commanderdata002 on
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Since you guys added new professions recipes and increased amount of resources we need to store in our bags, can you please add more space for said resources? With all those new materials its gonna be hard to keep up with free space, especially if we did a lot of masterwork stuff.

Suggestion: cut 1/2 or 1/3 of the suplement and tools bag and add this amount to material bag.

Thank you.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    Yes we need more space for professions ingredients please...

We're running a whole workshop now with 27 staff and I can see loads of cupboards and shelves and boxes... there should be plenty of room!
This discussion has been closed.