Tales of Old: The Dread Vault
- Many missing effects now display more consistently, including:
- The warning effects under the purple sparks for Yshiggol's Mind Burst.
- The buff effects around enemies' heads when too close to Yshiggol.
- Various warning effects under other enemy powers.
- There are now significantly fewer adds that spawn in the Yshiggol boss fight. Notably, Thoon Hulks and Illithid Scourges no longer spawn.
- The maximum item level for this event is now 20,000, increased from 16,000. Item levels above this value are scaled down to the maximum.
- Trinkets of Old can once again properly be collected.
- The level cap for all professions has been increased to 80.
- The level cap for all artisans has been increased to 80.
- Various new crafted items have been added to the game, including: equipment, materials, potions, tools, and supplements.
- New level 71-80 recipes and gathering tasks have been added.
New PvP Campaign
- A new version of the PvP campaign is now live. This campaign tracks overall kills, captures, and wins, and no longer requires quite as many more complex actions to progress.
- The PvP boons have been adjusted to fit the updated system.
- Players who completed all 30 tasks will receive an achievement, and in a future build, will receive a title for their participation.
- Players who completed tasks in the previous version of the campaign will receive a box with rewards proportional to the number of tasks they had completed.
- The "Original Gladiator" title is not currently properly given out. Players who achieved this will automatically receive it in a later build.
Tales of Old: The Dread Vault
Release NotesContent and Environment
- The Flayed Storyteller's Journal artifact cannot be equipped if the Frozen Storyteller's Journal artifact is equipped. This will be addressed in a later build.
- Yshiggol does not consistently show the visual effects or warning areas for the power Mind Burst.
- K-Team Weekly Dungeon now properly completes when succeeding a weekly dungeon with hardcore mode set and item level reduced to minimum.
- Icewind Dale: While They Are Young: Young remorhazes no longer burrow underground, never to be seen again.
- Neverdeath Graveyard: Certain quest contact dialogs no longer pull the entire party into conversation.
- Professions Tutorial: Players can no longer incorrectly decline artisan applications under certain circumstances during the tutorial.
- Tutorial: Makos' abilities no longer show a red warning area.
- Information Acquisition: The ice wall should no longer be able to get into a stuck state.
- Re-Retrieval Operation: This daily quest should no longer be able to get into a stuck state.
- Castle Ravenloft is no longer in the Random Advanced Queue.
- Cradle of the Death God is no longer in the Random Advanced Queue.
- Fangbreaker Island now requires an item level of 15,000.
- Illusionist's Gambit is no longer in the Random Leveling Queue.
- Leveling versions of the Battle for the Bridge and Resonant Evil skirmishes are not currently selectable for queues.
- Manycoins Bank Heist now requires an item level of 14,000, increased from 13,000.
- Master Spellplague Caverns now requires an item level of 15,000.
- Skirmishes now require 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 damage dealers, rather than any group they can bring together.
- Dev note: This is to make sure that groups created for queues such as Manycoins Bank Vault and Merchant Prince's Folly have the appropriate survivability and damage to succeed in these skirmishes.
- Private groups may still queue with any combination of roles.
- Temple of Tiamat is now in the Advanced Queue.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods now requires an item level of 17,000.
Combat and Powers
- In Reconnaissance Missions, players no longer initially hit enemies for 0 damage.
- The "Haunted" rune effect no longer spawns a specter when companions fall.
- Dealing damage to certain shields no longer spams the screen and combat log with "0" damage indicators.
- Enemy damage and health has been lowered across the game, mainly in lower-level content. Level 80 content should not be significantly affected.
- Off-hand weapons can now properly gain +2.5% Incoming Healing, up from +0.05%.
Classes and Balance
- Ranger: Ambush now properly states that it only affects the player's own damage.
- Ranger: Boar Hide and Fox's Cunning can now properly proc Storm's Recovery.
- Ranger: Call of the Storm now procs Stormstep Action.
- Wizard: Rimefire Smolder can no longer proc rapidly on certain power casts.
- Companion Player Bonus Powers no longer function in PvP combat.
- Faithful Initiate's Wisdom: This now improves Outgoing Healing instead of the strange "Hit Points Bonus Strength."
- Githyanki: This companion's powers now properly show up in the companion window.
- Remorhaz's Presence now deals damage based on the player's weapon damage.
Enchantments and Enhancements
- The following adjustments have been made to Bonding Runestones:
- The stats granted now persist through the "Near Death" state, when you are knocked out. As a result, there is no longer a delay when being revived before your stats return.
- It is no longer required that you are standing within 100' of your companion in order to receive the benefit of your bonding runestones.
- The effect is reapplied more quickly when your companion is revived. (The effect is still cancelled when your companion is near death, this is unchanged and matches previous behavior.)
- Jarl's Gaze: This item's bonus power has changed to Death Defier's Might.
- Death Defier's Might: Gain Power for each enemy you are engaged with in battle.
- Mad Dash: This set bonus now takes effect when staying still for 3 seconds or longer, and drops off when the player moves.
Items and Economy
- Swift Golden Lion: Aureal Armament now properly grants a shield equal to 30% of the target's hit points, increased from 3.33%.
- Legendary-quality rings can now be converted to Refinement Points.
- Rewards that drop Ebonized gear now properly give the appropriate armor type to Rangers.
- Toad mounts can now properly be bound if the player has a T-Rex mount.
- Certain quests in this storyline now drop Seals of the Adventurer.
- Blacklake District: Karzov now drops head slot equipment for the appropriate level when killed.
- Neverdeath Graveyard: Doomguide's Duty now gives Seals of the Adventurer.
- Neverdeath Graveyard: The Emissary now grants rare quality weapons of a higher item level.
- Neverdeath Graveyard: The Missing Acolyte now gives a neck-slot item.
- The Chasm: Rewards granted to leveling Paladins are now in line with the rewards granted to other classes.
- There is now a tutorial when gaining Seals of the Adventurer for the first time at level 69 or below.
- Runic Encounters: Players now gain Coalesced Magics when defeating rune-corrupted enemies in Undermountain. The amount of Coalesced Magics awarded this way caps at 200 per day.
- Players must still have completed Runemaster's Sinyé's rune tutorial, and be level 80.
- Expeditions: Companion gear drop rates have been increased.
- Expeditions: Warden loot drops now drop items for the party.
- Companion Helper Pack: This has been renamed to Companion Upgrade Bundle.
- This pack now costs 2000 Zen, up from 1400 Zen.
- This pack now gives 175 Companion Upgrade Tokens, increased from 45.
- This pack now gives a choice of 3 Rank 11 Runestones, instead of 1 Rank 9 Bonding Runestone.
- Companion Upgrade Mini-pack: This has been renamed to Companion Upgrade Pack.
- This pack now gives 75 Companion Upgrade tokens, increased from 45.
- The price is unchanged.
- The "Convert to Appearance Library" option is now deactivated if the Appearance Library is full for that slot.
- Known issue: For Rogues, if the Appearance Library is full for the main or off-hand weapon slot, the choice will be incorrectly deactivated for both weapon slots instead of just the one.
- Certain Star Shirts no longer incorrectly apply starry visual effects on all parts of a gith character. (Sorry. We know it looked awesome.)
- Kavatos now has a bit of extra reverb when speaking in the Yawning Portal.
- Music in the new expeditions has been touched up a bit.
- Warlock: Hellish Rebuke's audio has been softened a bit.