test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: The Dread Vault - Extension and upcoming changes

Comments

• trekk#9576 trekk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @terramak Please, make sure and fast to fix the bugg about the new artifact, in order to equip it in a 3rd slot artifact and not only in replacement of an old journal artifact. I got the new artifact, farming 30x x1run to get it, but i cant add it/equip it and benefit of the 3rd piece bonus as I already got the 2 previous artifact from Old Tales event (venimous and frozen). Thank you to correct this asap.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Agree with Hustin above. When I ran it I switched from Warden to a Trapper-ish Hunter focused on CC and we did it at x1 with no tank. Still,I had serious rotation issues.

I went in with my CC-to-the-max CW (full Valindra set, many, many, many legendary insignia of mastery, the whole nine yards). The **INTERMINABLE** cooldowns on powers like Icy Terrain make it all but worthless. It's a good thing @terramak couldn't hear me during the Yishiggol fight, because my language would have curled his hair and left his walls without any paint. I'm getting incensed just thinking about how that fight went.

CC in this game is DEAD.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bspallybspally Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    dear devs tell us the truth - are you just having the contest who will make more stupid moves in the development of the game?)
    Make Neverwinter's players willing to buy Zen great again!
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

And are masterwork IV turn ins EVER GOING TO BE FIXED??????

Never.....low priority. Same as the broken Alpha Comppy and countless other broken things.

It's one thing to break one pet, it's another thing to break PROFESSIONS.
    It's ridiculous.
    It's been since at least last November.
    ARghhhhh
    robtn said:

With start of Coins of Waakeen start, Trinkets of Old are disappearing from inventory and on pickup. Just happened to me

OMG.
    Yup, all trinkets 100% GONE.
    You guys are ROCKING THIS EVENT.
    Great job devs!

Against my better judgement and 5 years of bug experience, ran several 1-2 round Tales and then some waukeen farming...
    to find most of my trinkets I PAINFULLY gathered gone.

There are not enough palms in the world for this epic facepalm.
    Just... i dunno at this point.
    Cancel the event. Just stop it. It's getting worse.

Exactly this. Please just STOP and try again when it actually works.
  • blaykilordblaykilord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    It would be best to actually cancel this event and only bring it back when everything is tested and fixed.
    The fact that they extended the event but not the duration of the trinkets only demonstrated the team's unpreparedness. It was obvious. Will we at least get back all the trinkets we lost?
    And another thing ... this is an extremely tiring event to do. You have to relentlessly repeat an old dungeon. Unlike the previous two, this boss has a very long fighting mechanic and life. Reduce this and make things faster. How long will an x5 last? 3 or 4 hours? I just want the reward, because this event is nothing fun.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

It would be best to actually cancel this event and only bring it back when everything is tested and fixed.
    The fact that they extended the event but not the duration of the trinkets only demonstrated the team's unpreparedness. It was obvious. Will we at least get back all the trinkets we lost?
    And another thing ... this is an extremely tiring event to do. You have to relentlessly repeat an old dungeon. Unlike the previous two, this boss has a very long fighting mechanic and life. Reduce this and make things faster. How long will an x5 last? 3 or 4 hours? I just want the reward, because this event is nothing fun.

Well, they apparently expect us to relentlessly repeat MEs, WEs, FEs, and whatever xEs they can conjure up using the same tired maps night after night for months on end. Until the next module, of course, which will introduce dungeon #38 and slightly shifted opposing rolls for the next iteration of interminable treadmilling.

I'm not sure if I'm feeling demoralized or disgusted. Maybe both.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • davebike111davebike111 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I also want to point out that you can't equip the new artifact, Flayed Storyteller's Journal, at the same time as the Frozen Storyteller's Journal. After painfully grinding 30 coins, I can't even equip the new artifact to get the 3 set bonus.
  • davebike111davebike111 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Also, I noticed that the event bar that keeps track of how many coins you get in a day goes up two for every one coin you get. I haven't been able to test, but it could be problematic.
  • blaykilordblaykilord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

I also want to point out that you can't equip the new artifact, Flayed Storyteller's Journal, at the same time as the Frozen Storyteller's Journal. After painfully grinding 30 coins, I can't even equip the new artifact to get the 3 set bonus.

I did not understand. The bonus set is for waist, neck and artifact. As far as I know, you cannot earn rank 3 bonuses by equipping one artifact equipment and two artifacts. You need the whole set to earn the rank 3 bonus.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

terramak said:

EDIT 2019-09-05: We're still hard at work adjusting and testing the balance changes. Our current target is for an internal team to be able to complete Difficulty x3 with a reasonable amount of coordination, and make decent progress through Difficulty x4.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, but you do realize this event has FIVE LEVELS that need to be completeable.
    Not "decent progress on x4." X5 must be completeable, unless your internal team is just junk.
    Now we are already minus one day on this event, AGAIN.
    NOT OKAY.

They are prolly aware 5x is impossible for now and are just like 'well, its not completely working but its good enough'
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User

I did not understand. The bonus set is for waist, neck and artifact. As far as I know, you cannot earn rank 3 bonuses by equipping one artifact equipment and two artifacts. You need the whole set to earn the rank 3 bonus.
    There is another set bonus, depending on the number of journals you have, you will get bonus power and hit points. I am interestet too, how much this will be with 3 journals

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    LOL. I think its time to put this game and the painfully incompetent and/ or short-handed dev team out of their misery. Time to go the route of City of Heroes. Shut the game servers down and work on making Magic the Gathering a masterpiece. (Although my expectation of that game will be low too)
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    3rd stage is still too hard. Had good group that walked through 1-2 no problem. 3rd stage constant 1 shots on all but tank. So lots of 2 at-a-time.
  • xyzisterxyzister Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I agree to stark760, our group ran the runs 1 and 2 with relative ease, although there are random oneshots at last boss. However, at run 3 things began to get pretty nasty, especially on Yshiggol. 7 One shots that pretty much came out of "nowhere", also my subjective perception is that the infiltrators hit quite hard. In addition, time gets quite sparse in the end. And running the event with 2 times takes a lot of time that most people don´t have. :(

Edit: We actually beat the 3rd run, but from there..Clearly end of the line.

Best regards,
    Sintago
    Post edited by xyzister on
  • frodnikkfrodnikk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    1st. Why the heck only x2 or x3 in super groups can be doable...The event used to had x4 or x5 and they gave coins with more normal pace...most people cant finish with x2 in 5 days
    2nd.Coins resetted to 0 ? why...Means we lost 30 coins from the artifact grind...
    3rd.Why later build to work the 3 set bonus...
    4th. Why we get x2 the coins in our daily cap so we cap at 22 instead of 45... make it impossible 22x6 =132...rofl make the maths
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Same here, decent group 2 runs fairly easy, 3rd run we started with 12 lives, we were down to 3 by the end of the 1st boss. I have 300k HP, maxed defence, still getting very near to oneshot in the big pulls. Very long, very hard.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Same here, decent group 2 runs fairly easy, 3rd run we started with 12 lives, we were down to 3 by the end of the 1st boss. I have 300k HP, maxed defence, still getting very near to oneshot in the big pulls. Very long, very hard.

You entered the DANGER ZONE

Previous Tales were quite easy, and final boss fight took around 15 sec at 5th run. Now, 3rd run is more difficult than TOMM. Moreover, DV was the longest dungeon. Adding one week, removing some adds and rising item level isn't enough. Alright, it's supposed to be difficult but now it's impossible. And we're not Tom Cruise.

• wizzy#0870 wizzy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Dread Vault Tales of Old is still way to difficult.
    • 1st and 2nd boss have way to many enemies that spawn during the fight.
    • Playthroughs x2 and onwards still hit way harder than they should.
    • Final boss has way to much health.
    • Impossible to reach x4/5.
    1 week to fix the issues players have specified and it has turned out not much better than it was before Extremely disappointing.
  • dspeic43#8473 dspeic43 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Im on xbox and have run both of my main toons through. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy reading all these reports about this ToO event. It comes next week for us I believe. Hopefully they listen to those who are playing it and push it back to fix the issues.
  • airkyo#3711 airkyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    3rd stage with 2 dps (190 k & 204k power) 1 op tank, dc healer with 46% outgoing and op healer with 52% outgoing heal and cant finish x3 in tales come on Devs if u wont fix it better finish this event and get back when u fix it, bcs who would spend time to run 22 times ToO per day to get 45 ?
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    The 3rd stage can be beaten, but not by any normal team. Or good team. Takes tank/DC heal/OP heal(that can each usually carry a group) and 2 ridiculous DPS. I understand the event was supposed to be hard. With the new content being LOMM, and now TOMM, with no skirmish like Merchants Folly, players already felt isolated if they were under geared when inspected by others. Now this event? Players at end game want harder content, that's true. But not only dungeons/events that can't be completed by the avg player. Or an event that goes the other way with a lvl 40 cap. As a guild leader and well geared player, I don't mind helping anyone. But when you make broken events like this and LOMM/TOMM as the current dungeons, you make it so groups turn on themselves and the weakest link gets made to feel like it's their fault the content or scaling is too much. So the next run, if there is a next run, a viable player gets replaced or forgotten by people they usually can run with. Players that can complete LOMM as a DPS and kill their mimic, shouldn't suddenly get shunned in this event. Or a decent tank, or healer. This event feels like sorting the masses for TOMM, and either you can make the cut and get 3 stages done, or players that are that geared look past you to make groups that can.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    tier 1-2 is very easy now.
    At tier 3 the dmg from at-wills should be looked upon.
    It can be done wih proper goup but its very hard.
    Even barbarian Tank is struggling because most aggro comes from at-wills.

Don't get me wrong! I Love hard and challenging dungeons. Whenever someone say nerf it I say strenghten it even further!
    But unfortunatelly it has time limit.
    Post edited by commanderdata002 on
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • hjp1982hjp1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    also a bug with the daily coin limit, the coins count double fore the limit so not great either.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Why mobs have much more HP + DMG each level? we already have more debuffs from the dungeon, like 60 secs cooldown encounters LOL.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User

Why mobs have much more HP + DMG each level? we already have more debuffs from the dungeon, like 60 secs cooldown encounters LOL.

Moreover paladin and cleric have powers based on divinity without cooldown and are therefore not concerned by cooldown debuff.

I think the whole difficulty/malus system was fine for mod 15, but for mod16/17 it has to be completely reworked. People go only for artifact, getting chapters is out of reach.
This discussion has been closed.