test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@devs, Lack of comunication

devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
I can see a lot of "discussion" but not a word from devs.

do you know if devs read this forum? or is just for players(to help each us),

i would only know something like:

1) the fighter is ok
2) we are working on it
3) we will work on it
4) we are checking if it need a buff or not, And (if is possible) "how?" any ETA?
5) every other consideration about this situation.

thanks

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are just getting back from a holiday weekend in the states, and the Community Manager is on medical leave until next week. Yes, they read the forums. They respond when they have time, but they are usually too busy working on the game.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    devilxjk said:

I can see a lot of "discussion" but not a word from devs.

do you know if devs read this forum? or is just for players(to help each us),

i would only know something like:

1) the fighter is ok
    2) we are working on it
    3) we will work on it
    4) we are checking if it need a buff or not, And (if is possible) "how?" any ETA?
    5) every other consideration about this situation.

thanks

The devs are working on updating the damage formula for all classes to make things more balance. Right now half of the classes have one formula and the other are using the other. The end result is that half of the classes are over producing damage. The updated formula will help level the field for damage dealer. From there the devs will have to adjust content as the change to the damage formula is going to boost our damage; this will require the developers to increase enemies health.

• frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2019

The devs are working on updating the damage formula for all classes to make things more balance. Right now half of the classes have one formula and the other are using the other. The end result is that half of the classes are over producing damage. The updated formula will help level the field for damage dealer. From there the devs will have to adjust content as the change to the damage formula is going to boost our damage; this will require the developers to increase enemies health.

I would rather see the classes that are over producing damage (wizard) have their damage reduced to a comparable level with the warlock. Bring everyone's level in line with the warlock. Ignoring how the warlock compares with the other classes, I quite like the amount of damage it's doing in relation to enemies' current hp.

But while it's nice to get frequent updates - even infrequent updates - as anyone knows who's been in a work situation where someone's demanding constant updates - it's so aggravating to waste time enumerating everything you've done and are doing instead of actually doing what has to get done. I try to keep reminding myself of that.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I would rather see the classes that are over producing damage (wizard) have their damage reduced to a comparable level with the warlock. Bring everyone's level in line with the warlock. Ignoring how the warlock compares with the other classes, I quite like the amount of damage it's doing in relation to enemies' current hp.

But while it's nice to get frequent updates - even infrequent updates - as anyone knows who's been in a work situation where someone's demanding constant updates - it's so aggravating to waste time enumerating everything you've done and are doing instead of actually doing what has to get done. I try to keep reminding myself of that.
    My understanding of the warlock damage issue is that it takes the warlock a bit of time to reach max damage potential. In lower damage groups I have seen a warlock do very well but when you have high damage burst wizard, rogues or rangers in a group the warlock damage potential is lacking because enemies health have been greatly reduced.

I'm hoping the damage formula update they do fixes all classes and bring balance or fairly close balance to all damage dealing classes. It would be nice to see all damage dealer doing well damage wise and not just 3.

What gets me though is that the cleric is suppose to be one of the fixed classes and yet I find my cleric does just as good in as a dd as my wizard which is the broken class and my wizard has around 30K more power. I'm just going to wait and see how all of this pans out.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Bring everyone's level in line with the warlock. Ignoring how the warlock compares with the other classes, I quite like the amount of damage it's doing in relation to enemies' current hp.

Pretty sure that Warlock was dealing more damage than Goofy Fighter in Tower of the Mad Mage. I recall @greyjay1 was 75% of Edgelord damage while @viraaal 's Goofy Fighter was just 50% of Edgelord damage.

Granted, this was when Warlocks had "bugged" multiplicative buffs, but unfortunately, nerfing everyone to Warlock level still means it would be a buff for Goofy Fighter. Therefore, your master plan to make everyone deal less damage was a failure.

:trollface:

• frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    My point is, I'm fairly happy with the rate at which my warlock burns through enemies.

My Justicar goes through them a little too slow.
    My Barbarian, Rogue, and Arbiter go through them a little too fast.
    My Wizard evaporates everything with a sneeze.
    My Warlock goes through them at pretty much just the right speed - a little too slow, maybe, but it's nearly right.

I'm glad the developers are working toward a balance, but I hope they don't use the top dps dealing classes as the low water mark.

So, to clarify, I neither want nor need my warlock to do damage like my thaumaturge. I'd rather my thaumaturge went through enemies at a speed at least comparable to my warlock.