test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mercantile missions

lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
im having some issues with this quest. i know you gotta do the % thing to 100...then do a crypt mission. yet...when i take it all that shows is the 100% and i dont get a mission requirement on it to go do that crypt/whatever quest and without it i cant complete it. :(

what am i doing wrong?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    What are the tasks listed in your Journal? You need to do crypt mission only if you chose the crypt mission. You need to do 100% + a mission. You had a choice of what that mission should be. Did you choose crypt mission or something else?

There were 5 choices of which mission to do (secure the area, the departed, etc..) for you to choose when you talked to the quest giver. Only one of them goes to the dig site (crypt).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Presuming you chose the crypt mission (the first mission on the list), you then have to enter a crypt and make sure you get the extra item inside.

Entering and completing any sewer, dungeon or crypt also provides +20% to the mercantile quest.

for crypt missions the extra item is usually in a crypt-like object just outside or inside the final room to enter or it is inside the extra chest at the end.

for dungeon missions the extra item is in a chest that is in the same room as the reward chest.
    for the sewer missions the extra item is usually next the treasure heap where you get your reward.

This information is only good for the first 3 quests on the list that you have to choose from. The other quests listed after that I have never tried to do so I do not know anything about them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Running around and trying to find enough sparkling packs is a pain. Killing designated minion-types isn't so difficult.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    greywynd said:

Running around and trying to find enough sparkling packs is a pain. Killing designated minion-types isn't so difficult.

I found that Killing designated minion-types (secure the area) was/is the best deal (unless you need some regent from the dig site).
    Running around doing 3 HE sites can give you both percentage part and also "secure the area".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I like to a mix of digs and small HEs. Usually I check the map and see what Floashabell, the dig near Nostura ritual, is and take the retrieval related to that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • henry#8677 henry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have no idea which choice i made the quest like all dailies does not show in my journal, so i have no way to finish this quest or to abandon it and try again
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Check your journal settings.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.