test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Gith race permanent unlock?

There is currently a rather large discussion in our alliance wether or not it is actually permanent if you loggin during the free time.

Comments

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    As I understand it, if you log in during the designated time period, even once, then you have the unlock permanently on your account. VIP accounts had access the first 2 weeks after M17 dropped, and I believe everyone else had 2 weeks after that. Then the free unlock window ends.

If you miss the designated window, then I believe they will start charging Zen to unlock the race. Probably adding it to an existing pack or creating a new one.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Yes the unlock is permanent. From the Gith Dev blog, "The gith race will be available free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module and afterwards free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that. After the initial 4 weeks, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race."
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Ok - checked the website - the deadline for everyone with a current account to get the free unlock is end of day 9/9/19. Starting 9/10, you will need to pay if you haven't accessed your account since M17 dropped.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

There is currently a rather large discussion in our alliance wether or not it is actually permanent if you loggin during the free time.

Unless you consider the following statement is a lie, there is no argument.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11232193

New Playable Race: Gith

Not only can you ally yourself with the gith in their ancient battle against the mind flayers, you can also create a gith character, yourself! For the two weeks of the module, all players with VIP will unlock the gith race for free. For the two weeks after that, all players can unlock the gith race for free. To unlock the race, just log in and load up to any map with a new or existing character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Yes the unlock is permanent. From the Gith Dev blog, "The gith race will be available free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module and afterwards free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that. After the initial 4 weeks, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race."

yet none of this says anything abt permanent ... unless im missin something
    it can be assumed thats what this is all pointing towards... but nothing in what you mentioned says anything about permanent
    Read the second sentence again...pretty sure having access to the race after the 4 weeks means that the unlock will last.
  • brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    lol no, if u dont get free after 4 weeks, u have to paid for it, it what that means. Is for that was made the boster pack, dont try to play with the sentences to get free things .. its hilarious this post XD
    edited September 2019

arazith07 said:

it can be assumed thats what this is all pointing towards... but nothing in what you mentioned says anything about permanent

How about this one?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11206373-developer-blog:-gith

Note: The gith race will be available:

Free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module (August 13 - August 26)
    Free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that (August 27 - September 9) .
    Starting September 10, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

The gith race will be available free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module and afterwards free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that. After the initial 4 weeks, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

By the way, IMO, the pack is pretty good deal on its own. I will buy it when it is discounted.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    brandemis said:

lol no, if u dont get free after 4 weeks, u have to paid for it, it what that means. Is for that was made the boster pack, dont try to play with the sentences to get free things .. its hilarious this post XD

That's not what I was saying. If you didn't log in during the four week window, you have to buy the pack to have access. However those who did log in during the appropriate time frames already unlocked the race, they are not going to just take that away.

"Starting September 10, players who didn't log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race." This means that those who DID log in for the free gith, will have access still after September 10th.

Racial unlocks (with the exception of Metallic Dragonborn) have never been all that expensive to begin with. Sure the packs can be a bit pricey, but the cost of those comes from all the account wide stuff. You have the mount, which is normally a 3500 Zen purchase, companion which is usually 2500 Zen per character but you have account wide access, a 30 slot bag for all characters again normally a 1250 zen (estimated between the 24 and 36 slot bags) per bag, among other various items, and we are already over the price of all the other racial packs. IIRC there was available for a short time a pack with a racial reroll and Dragonborn unlock, which was 1500 Zen, 750 of that is the reroll token, the other 750 is for the racial unlock. We've gotten more value than that for free from Cryptic before.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Not only can you ally yourself with the gith in their ancient battle against the mind flayers, you can also create a gith character, yourself! For the two weeks of the module, all players with VIP will unlock the gith race for free. For the two weeks after that, all players can unlock the gith race for free. To unlock the race, just log in and load up to any map with a new or existing character.
    Well, considering how bad for example most of the ZEN Charge Promotions went down in the past, i'd say it's pretty reasonable to ask for clarification in cases like these... especially when you read
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/109600/discussions/0/1637543304829932756/
    that some players had to log in another character before the Gith racial unlock actually registered.

And don't forget that the Stats and Powers page of the Githyanki companion is still broken.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    ---
    regenerde said:

Well, considering how bad for example most of the ZEN Charge Promotions went down in the past, i'd say it's pretty reasonable to ask for clarification in cases like these... especially when you read
    that some players had to log in another character before the Gith racial unlock actually registered.

And don't forget that the Stats and Powers page of the Githyanki companion is still broken.
    I guess you did not read my 2nd post (2 post above yours).

arazith07 said:

How about this one?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11206373-developer-blog:-gith

Free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that (August 27 - September 9) .
    Starting September 10, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

The gith race will be available free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module and afterwards free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that. After the initial 4 weeks, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

By the way, IMO, the pack is pretty good deal on its own. I will buy it when it is discounted.
    still does not say ANYTHING about permanent unlock.... only assumed its permanent
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

---

regenerde said:

I guess you did not read my 2nd post (2 post above yours).
    Well, just pointing out that there were problems with promotions in the past, and that there're problems with the Gith race unlock for some players right now, so what do you mean?

I think that some players are currently worried that even with the notification in game for the Gith race unlock, there might be problems with creating a new Gith character after the 10., and are therefore looking for an official reply on this matter...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited September 2019

arazith07 said:

How about this one?

still does not say ANYTHING about permanent unlock.... only assumed its permanent
    I don't know but when it says:
    for me, it means:
    player who did log in for the free gith will not need to buy a pack to get access to this race.
    Otherwise, it should say:
    Starting September 10, everyone will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

Just me. You can interpret it otherwise. You can find it out after September 10.

If they confirm it is permanent before Sep 10, what are you going to do before Sep 10?
    If they confirm it is not permanent before Sep 10, what are you going to do before Sep 10?
    If they do not confirm anything before Sep 10, what are you going to do before Sep 10?
  • satansdemisesatansdemise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Ty vm for clearing this up.
    @plasticbat
    not a hamster thing lol idc either way perm or not but nice to know ya know lol
    but there we go bats question office answered "problem" solved
    party over here party over there whoop there it is chitty chitty bang bang we love you and the crowd goes wild three points downtown (crowd cheering)