test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arbiter Cleric change

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
It seems that some classes are unable to go as dps in TOMM and whilst this might take a new module to be fixed, i just have a minor change that i can suggest for AC's to make them more viable.

The chance of Sudden verdict procing increased from 25 - 33%.

I think this alone will be enough to allow some AC's like me to play as dps in TOMM with a little above minimum requirements. Any comments are appreciated as long as they are respectful.

Comments

• evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Or leave the % as-is and make it work where it has a timer on top.

If it procs from RNG, timer resets.
    If the RNG isn't in your favor, it'll proc from the timer.
    Cooldown starts when in combat only.

Would break the dry spells and not make it proc too much either.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I don't think much will change until all classes' self-buffs are calculated the same way. Cleric, barbarian, and guardian are "WAI" and have their damage self-buffs calculated additively; Wizard, ranger, and rogue have theirs calculated multiplicatively.

Until all classes are first brought to the same line, the devs probably won't give us any buffs.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    meirami said:

I don't think much will change until all classes' self-buffs are calculated the same way. Cleric, barbarian, and guardian are "WAI" and have their damage self-buffs calculated additively; Wizard, ranger, and rogue have theirs calculated multiplicatively.

Until all classes are first brought to the same line, the devs probably won't give us any buffs.

Yes your are absolutely right and that's what i had in my mind when i mentioned this change. It's probably the simplest change you can do on a AC and only the skill ceiling players will benefit from it than for example having the magnitude of an encounter being increased. It's far from a buff that will make us do similar damage to the top 3 dps classes but it would reduce our burden by requiring less gear/power etc. You would probably know that even 1k power at higher end is a nightmare to get and as a AC main who has endeavoured to reach Bis after being introduced to a dps path in mod 16, i think the dev's have responsibility to each and everyone of us that we are at least able to do the content with any paragon. That's the utmost minimum requirement and i feel especially disregarded like many others that have spend irl to play and support this game. AC is absoloutely fine doing Lomm as dps and many like myself have dedicated to the dps path for that reason and then we are suddenly introduced with TOMM and told that bog off, its not for you and wait for next module. No! It was hard work to get the dps Bis gear for my AC, why should i get to wait for months to do content that i am ready to do? it's not fair to anyone in my situation and the dev's should have a better answer than saying "wait for next module".

Further to the above, do note that the multiplicative buffs are a bug and not intended and it is only appropriate that cryptic takes responsibility for it. This game is putting me off bad.
    Post edited by sobi#1980 on
  • drdark21#0636 drdark21 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    i still think there is an identity problem with the cleric - Most people play them for their devout path and therefore ideal groups will want them as devout. However they can absolutely hold their own on a dps path, i dont see why,if you are properly geared, that you cant get into a Tomm, maybe not as broken as a wiz or hunter but they are not a hindrance either. i'm not saying fill the party up with them but absolutely should be able to get some run especially doomsayer arbiters because u are debuffing as well as dealing dmg, might help the party #arbiterlove
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

i still think there is an identity problem with the cleric - Most people play them for their devout path and therefore ideal groups will want them as devout. However they can absolutely hold their own on a dps path, i dont see why,if you are properly geared, that you cant get into a Tomm, maybe not as broken as a wiz or hunter but they are not a hindrance either. i'm not saying fill the party up with them but absolutely should be able to get some run especially doomsayer arbiters because u are debuffing as well as dealing dmg, might help the party #arbiterlove

I can tell you for a fact that for a AC to get into the current TOMM and not be a hindrance, the AC must be close to skill ceiling which to be honest from my opinion are like 1% of the playerbase that play AC. I don't know if you main AC but divinity management whilst tracking mecs is a nightmare. That alone makes them nonviable and not to mention, with TOMM you really wouldn't want to risk having a hindrance as of right now. AC dps path is actually very good otherwise, and very well thought out. I don't see why cryptic wouldn't want them to be viable in TOMM or if they don't mind, why they are so scared of giving them a minor buff? They wouldn't still be anywhere close to the top DPS classes. I understand warlocks are in similar position in terms of DPS but warlocks apparently on paper do more damage, and to my knowledge, a lot of their abilities are bugged. Sorting them out for TOMM is a looong journey.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

I understand warlocks are in similar position in terms of DPS but warlocks apparently on paper do more damage, and to my knowledge, a lot of their abilities are bugged. Sorting them out for TOMM is a looong journey.

On paper Warlocks have some nice buffs unfortunately they're difficult to obtain, take way too long to get and heavily dependant on a Soul Puppet that doesn't understand the concept of "Red = Move". Yeah, the devs have a lot of work to do to sort the Warlock, I've given them a ton of defects to fix and plenty of ideas to improve the class.