test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great Reclaim (Items that should be reclaimable, yet are not).

Comments

• orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User

Elemental Shield of the black Earth (Lion motive)
    Elemental Shield of the eternal flame

was already wondering, why the Horse motive shield got added to the maze transmute store, while the lion themed one didnt.
    the horse motive can be aquired from othersources (think crafting and also the transmute vendor in moonstone mask) while i never found an additional source for the lion themed shields.

Just came here to ask for this as well. The only other lion themed shield is in the Trade Bar store, but it isn't as elegant as the Black Earth one (or even the Eternal Flame one). I'd hoped to do the quest which gives it with a friend, but it isn't shareable. No shield for me! I loved that shield (my paladin is entirely lion themed), but I had to feed my old weapon into my new one, and so it's lost forever. Boo.

In fact, many of the weapons and whatnot you get doing the Elemental Evil quests make great transmutes, not just the armor sets you get on the campaign page, so it'd be great if they would be added to the store with them (or somewhere).

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    All Masterwork Profession Clothes needs to be Re-Claimable. I have no room to keep all of that in my bags.
  • coconutz44#9427 coconutz44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Don't know if i'm at the right place but it would be good that dragon cult weapons could be reclaimable, only the skin would do the job

Nashu - GWF
    Nash - DC

GM des ж Myth ж
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Don't know if i'm at the right place but it would be good that dragon cult weapons could be reclaimable, only the skin would do the job

They should be added to the Maze Engine transmute vendor.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    If I could only pick one item, it'd be my Cloak of Catastrophe.... I miss it on my main. (Transmuted my Imperial Cloak, which then got fed to my Greater Imperial Cloak).
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Caturday Cloak could be added to ME store as well. The code already exists for a conditional unlock for Svardborg banner.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    pitshade said:

Caturday Cloak could be added to ME store as well. The code already exists for a conditional unlock for Svardborg banner.

That would be pretty awesome. I've never used the Cape of Catastrophe because I don't want to lose it, but I have it on two. My DC was born a little too late.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I was just thinking this - if the "Caturday Survivor" achievement was a prerequisite, it should be pretty easy to code in.

Please? Pretty please?
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Is this a dead thread?
    And if so it should be removed cause ppl including me have been writing proposals expecting thigs and hoping but in the end nothing is happening!!! @zebular was answering and was active at this post up until MOD 9: UNDERDARK, there you included a shop with transmutes 1% of the old skins and there was never again an official post or a response ...

Julia @nitocris83 is there a point of this thread existing here and not being dropped in the trash section?

@zebular
    The great reclaim has brought back many beloved transmutes from the previous mods and it was a great move to do so.
    But what about the rest of the stuff that were rare drops in the old dungeons and haven't been back yet?
    For example even though there is a normal and epic version of the Cragmire Crypts but the Hat of Pirate Host (Blackdagger's hat) is dropping nowhere.
    I have for transmute at my neck my all time favorite Mantle of the Host Tower, and now that i am deciding to change set I am crying on the inside because i ll be forced to transmute my old legendary artifact neck to the new artifact neck just to keep the look i love. And i am not crying for the 5k AD i havr to spend but for the thousands of AD i spent on refining it to make it legendary and now am not getting a sigle refining point back.
    //Moreover I want to mention that having purchased the DragonBorn pack i like the neck there as well Wings of Bahomet i think it's called, i'd like to use that to another character, though the problem is once i claim the cloack. I can't reclaim itfrom this character nor claim it to another character from my whole account, i can't even find it on the AH nor can i hope that it will drop somewhere.//
    I hope you understand my points and that you are willing to give this final push in the game to bring back everyone's beloved transmutes. No need to have stats on them just make them dropable like CN brought back some transmutes.
    PS. there is not even need to make them salvageable.

I think there could be another way to do this, like dyes that return the colors to the original, another item like this, even placed in equipment section in TB store, that would remove the Transmuted item Bound to Character (with or without stats -smth like the ruined pieces in CN again) so that in can be re transmuted to the next piece of artifact equipment.

Edit: @strumslinger Andy please, is there any hope left for this thread?
    Post edited by imperiousshini on
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Caturday Cloak - the skin was amazing
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    two30 said:

zebular said:

However, for the class quests, I am missing the names of the final reward in the quest chains for the Control Wizard and Devoted Cleric. I have all the rest listed. Anyone know what these two items are off hand?

I think these are their names (neither is in the wiki):
    [Abolethic Cloak] from Control Wizard class quest.
    [Symbol of Truth] from Devoted Cleric class quest.
    Yea I think those certainly are the right names as the Symbol of Truth sounds very familiar for Cleric. What I'd specifically like to know is where you get the +4 Devotee's Armor, Arms, Head and Feet from as they are extremely beautiful pieces! <3 I think there is two different types of the level 44 armor you get and I'm trying to re-discover how you earn them as I'd love to use them as a transmute for my current armor and they only rarely show up on Auction. Another popular set is Robes / Gear of Asmodeus for Wizard's who like a little more basic but very nice outfit.

--

At the very least they could do is allow the various older transmutes that our popular to having more purchased with event or campaign currencies. Be a great way to add new rewards to Siege of Neverwinter, possibly also the Proctor's Jubileee, but I'd love to see some added to <font color=gold>Gift of the God's Event in addition to few expanded rewards! I think Gift of the God's is one of the most fun events there is.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Now there is talk about a "fashion bag" being considered, maybe with the next mod...

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: FASHION BAG

I really wish it were possible to keep earned special earned items (plague tower cloak, cloak of the human, etc.) in a bag like the one being considered for fashion for the items a player earns as they progress through the game and would really like to hold on to.

I'd even be OK with having a starting limited space and having the opportunity to purchase more slots if needed to have been able to keep some of the items I eventually had to just toss.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    chidion said:

I really wish it were possible to keep earned special earned items (plague tower cloak, cloak of the human, etc.) in a bag like the one being considered for fashion for the items a player earns as they progress through the game and would really like to hold on to.

I'd even be OK with having a starting limited space and having the opportunity to purchase more slots if needed to have been able to keep some of the items I eventually had to just toss.

Ok, mayb I am missing you rpoint, but isn't what you are asking for the bank slots? Place to store equipment that can be expanded based on need?
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    All Zen-bought companions. I mean, why are mounts account wide, but companions, which are not much cheaper, aren't?

It'd make them a lot more attractive to potential buyers.
    Post edited by zogara on
  • pawrobpawrob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I think that Morlanth's Shroud should be add, of course as change appearance not full item, its from The Shard of Night quest from mod 11 and its one time bound to character item , nice to see it back :)

chidion said:

Ok, mayb I am missing you rpoint, but isn't what you are asking for the bank slots? Place to store equipment that can be expanded based on need?
    Late again, but I did find the thread again and responded... sorry.

Actually items slots is not what I meant, as a new or low level player not everyone has the opportunity to spend money to purchase bank slots, even later not many people have figured they will be staying to make that kind of commitment. but after four years, I'd even be willing to buy a lot of those items if they were available.

Each of the items I mentioned and many more are "trophies" for completing specific content, badges of accomplishment...

Granted things like that don't mean something to every player, but to some players they can mean a great deal and to have to just toss those things because of limited space is disappointing, at least for some of us.

The best scenario I figure is to have someplace like a private residence to display certain items, but a better than nothing alternative would be able to have a way to replace some of those items just to have....

After I determined Neverwinter was worth investing time an actual money in, some of my later characters somehow found the spaces to keep a few of those trophies and a couple of my characters even made the investment to use those items in the change of appearance transmutes... I just wish I was able to do so with more of the things I've had to toss.

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    pawrob said:

I think that Morlanth's Shroud should be add, of course as change appearance not full item, its from The Shard of Night quest from mod 11 and its one time bound to character item , nice to see it back :)

I could be way off on this because I don't have either right now, but IIRC the Gravemaster's Habit from Hunts of Soshenstar - Zulkir (I think) has the same appearance

• adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    How about making unlocked items in Collections reclaimable?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    There's this stronghold voucher that says "Astral Diamonds" but when you get to choose one of the three, you get "Gems" instead of "Astral Diamonds". What's with that?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    The Vistani set should be reclaimable or otherwise obtainable outside the Barovia introduction. (Obviously, depending on how it was acquired, the replacement set might need to lose the Salvageable tag... but it's a decent-looking set.)
    edited July 2018
    A lot of items that are one time only acquisitions such as Elemental Shield of the black Earth or other elemental items, Vistanti gear, or even items like the Plague Tower Cloak (who knows what people are going to want), should be placed in the Zen market as transmute items, that can be applied with no or a reduced transmute cost since a person is going to have to buy it instead of just picking it up during campaigns.

I salvaged my Elemental Fire Shield, quite a while ago but with the introduction of the new Vistanti gear I think it would have been a great transmute to go with the armor from Barovia, I personally consider the GF Vistanti shield a bit mundane for my taste.

In short make a bunch of transmutes, particularly from theone time only acquisitions, available for purchase in the Zen market.

This would serve a dual purpose, the first being additional available AD sinks and secondly give people who are not completely happy with the appearance of their gear an opportunity to further customize the appearance of their gear to more align with their personal preferences.

As has been mentioned there will probably need to be some alterations as to the salvage, and hopefully the "bound to character" aspects of that gear, but just speaking for myself I wouldn't be opposed to going to the Zen market and paying a reasonable price for transmute items to improve the outward appearance of my gear...

We've got dye packs to change the color of our gear - why not transmutes to change the another appearance aspect?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

How about making unlocked items in Collections reclaimable?

Indeed, this: but with a wrinkle

Collections show I had an apocalypse dagger which was useless to me for a long time, I now can't find it and it's a required item for one of the new sets. I don't remember discarding it but may have done.

You do have to be careful with this however, that item is not a problem as it's BoP, but otherwise I could pass it to all my other characters and have it register in their collections, then claim one back on each. Additionally, I could get an unbound forgehammer, pass it round, sell it ... so should only apply to stuff that is BoP.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I take it nothing will ever come of this thread?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    eion311 said:

I take it nothing will ever come of this thread?

Probably not.

Still, if I am just making a wish list, there should be a way to reclaim every mission reward item for any missions that you have completed, and that would include campaign rewards.

But I think that besides the work that would be needed for such a thing to be put into the game, there is also the issue of storage; If they made these items reclaimable then players would not need all that extra storage in which to place all of their unique, in coloration if nothing else, items.

Might attaching a price to such reclaimables make it worthwhile? A few AD for every item that you reclaim?

=============

Regarding Caturday, I was an early supporter of the "It happened to players, not characters" stance and think that it should be an account-wide thing.
    That being said, not a hill I will be willing to die on. I have long-since deleted the last character that I had with the Caturday cloak.
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    During the Summer Event, there were some special "Thank You" items that were given to members that purchased a certain amount of Zen for real money. The top prize for spending $200 was a Blue Forged Rage Drake... but it was only for one toon. You can buy five, Epic, account -unlocked mounts with money left over for that price. If it's intended to thank the players for financially supporting the game, PLEASE make it account-unlocked. A $200 mount should be account wide. Thank you.
  • ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    i completely agree with the blueforged rage drake. you could spend money and buy a mount with the same power and be able to put it on all characters vs spend ALOT of money and get a mount you can only put on 1 character. mounts that you actually spend money to get SHOULD be account bound !
  • flambda#7559 flambda Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Not sure if these have been mentioned already, nor if they have a unique transmute appearance, but the Ragged clothes, etc., that you get from the tutorial would be nice to be able to reclaim.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The next haloween event shouls add ALL these old stuff to use as transmutes.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    The SoMI armors seem to have disappeared unless you want to run the HEs and whatnot and hope RNG is favorable.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Elven from Sharandar intro, same skin as Drowned Dagger from EE into. Skin is neither reclaimable or used elsewhere.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother