test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The DPS required for the DPS check in TOMM

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
I just wanted to ask if someone has info on the hit points of the hands after the first phase ends. The duration it lasts and if possible the minimum dps required per toon (excluding the healers/tank)?

Comments

• silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    The duration and HP are certainly quantifiable but the DPS bit might be hard to answer ... how exactly do we define the "minimum dps required" ? I've seen high IL Rangers do terrible damage because the player didn't know their class and a low level Wizards absolutely tearing it up in dungeons.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It's all in the guide, divide hp by time and you have the dps (divide by the number of people)
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

The duration and HP are certainly quantifiable but the DPS bit might be hard to answer ... how exactly do we define the "minimum dps required" ? I've seen high IL Rangers do terrible damage because the player didn't know their class and a low level Wizards absolutely tearing it up in dungeons.

I'm sorry i didn't explain. I am asking this information for my own purpose. So if I know the hit points and the duration it lasts, i can divide it by 6 (since 6 dps) and test my damage on ACT until it matches that. Ofcouse there are healers and tank damaging but you would always want more damage than less. Someone pointed out that all the info is in the guide, so will be checking that now.
    micky1p00 said:

It's all in the guide, divide hp by time and you have the dps (divide by the number of people)

I assume you mean the Janne guide. In the boss rotation 2 section, janne only points out that it lasts 30 seconds. Correct me if she has mentioned the Hit points the hands have.
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

I assume you mean the Janne guide. In the boss rotation 2 section, janne only points out that it lasts 30 seconds. Correct me if she has mentioned the Hit points the hands have.
    It's on Jannes website but the guide is written by Lightbringer,Sharpedge and Viral
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

It is there, I just hadn't specified the DpS requirement in terms of DpS and only as an hp figure, I added that now. It is 30m hp and 30 seconds. You need approximately 166,666 damage per second on each DpS if you have 6 DpS to complete the phase.
    micky1p00 said:

Janne no Author. Janne no write. Janne stab.

I heard Janne heals.

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

It is there, I just hadn't specified the DpS requirement in terms of DpS and only as an hp figure, I added that now. It is 30m hp and 30 seconds. You need approximately 166,666 damage per second on each DpS if you have 6 DpS to complete the phase.
    Thank you very much, it is much appreciated. Obviously that number needs to be reached without any CA but can't you have perma CA within the dps check phase if you have at least 2x rogues and 1-2 Wiz??
    edited September 2019
    sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

Thank you very much, it is much appreciated. Obviously that number needs to be reached without any CA but can't you have perma CA within the dps check phase if you have at least 2x rogues and 1-2 Wiz??
    At some point they changed phase 2 so that you always have combat advantage and count as behind the boss, even though you are not. As a result, any class combination is fine. It was 1 of the last patches before M17 went live, as a result, our combat logs look like this now:

Tenebrous cannot deal CA damage, otherwise everything else had 100% CA during phase 2.

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

At some point they changed phase 2 so that you always have combat advantage and count as behind the boss, even though you are not. As a result, any class combination is fine. It was 1 of the last patches before M17 went live, as a result, our combat logs look like this now:

Tenebrous cannot deal CA damage, otherwise everything else had 100% CA during phase 2.

Are you sure about this? I am pretty sure that getting 160k with CA is very easy and yet so many groups i have known have issues with it. Without CA i could understand but with CA i am thinking is not the minimum dps requirement as you will most likely exceed it.
    sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

Are you sure about this? I am pretty sure that getting 160k with CA is very easy and yet so many groups i have known have issues with it. Without CA i could understand but with CA i am thinking is not the minimum dps requirement as you will most likely exceed it.
    I am absolutely certain. Most groups die a lot during phase 1 and you lose 10% damage per stack of resurrection sickness. In the screenshot above, you can see an example of the encounter dps on a min/maxed dps with no stacks of resurrection sickness.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @thefabricant - slightly OT question here, re: your ACT results - how is the Tenebrous power doing more than the stated max. of 24k if it's not affected by CA or crit?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

@thefabricant - slightly OT question here, re: your ACT results - how is the Tenebrous power doing more than the stated max. of 24k if it's not affected by CA or crit?

Effectiveness, The average debuff there is 154.7% so 24k * 1.547 ~= 37k which is the average of the Tene hits there

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

I am absolutely certain. Most groups die a lot during phase 1 and you lose 10% damage per stack of resurrection sickness. In the screenshot above, you can see an example of the encounter dps on a min/maxed dps with no stacks of resurrection sickness.
    Yh i did some ACT calculations and i was averaging 110k dps and without calculating i was thinking it would be x2 with CA. Did 1 min rotation with CA and it was averaging 160-170k. Do you have any idea how to calculate capped CA if your dps has no CA in it? Its better to give a vaule without CA as most people don't test it with CA and phase 2 has auto CA throughout.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

Yh i did some ACT calculations and i was averaging 110k dps and without calculating i was thinking it would be x2 with CA. Did 1 min rotation with CA and it was averaging 160-170k. Do you have any idea how to calculate capped CA if your dps has no CA in it? Its better to give a vaule without CA as most people don't test it with CA and phase 2 has auto CA throughout.
    u can easily test with CA at the dummie in Port Nyanzaru
    tom#6998 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

micky1p00 said:

u can easily test with CA at the dummie in Port Nyanzaru
    Thank you, that is very helpful.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

Janne no Author. Janne no write. Janne stab.

I heard Janne heals.
    And loves dwarves
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer