test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the impossibility of CR

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
I've been trying to do cr for about a week now and no one wanted to join me because it's "bugged" or "impossible"
Today some people wanted to join me to try it out ! Finally !

It was completed in 31mins with a wipe(didn't gather enough sunlight for shield), not a fast run by any means, but it is not impossible. As long as you just...you know...dodge the red stuffs on the ground.

Party was:
24.5k tr
24.5k tr (took book at sister)
24.5k barb
24.5k sw healer
26k gf tank
I know we had what some people would consider an overkill party, but it would be very doable for weaker groups as well. So stop spreading rumours that "CR is bugged" and "CR is impossible, waste of time". It's a great dungeon and quite engaging. Bats are still a bit schizophrenic at times but that's about the only bad thing about it.

Comments

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User

Those stats are way above what you see in a normal PUG RAQ though. So don't expect CR to become popular in RAQ.

But nice to see it is not critically bugged any more.

Also underlying this.. the loot drops in CR are very low, so time/reward ratio is rather bad.

Oh of course it's never gonna be popular in RAQ, i'm posting this because people just say it's impossible in general.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    People are saying it is impossible because it was bugged for weeks after mod 16: the sunsword's shield wasn't working properly, making the fight impossible. It's finally fixed now but many people don't know that.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

Party was:
    24.5k tr
    24.5k barb
    24.5k sw healer
    26k gf tank
    I know we had what some people would consider an overkill party, but it would be very doable for weaker groups as well. So stop spreading rumours that "CR is bugged" and "CR is impossible, waste of time". It's a great dungeon and quite engaging. Bats are still a bit schizophrenic at times but that's about the only bad thing about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! your are too funny. (NICE STATS though) It WAS impossible. Everyone knew that. They fixed several patches ago. The problem was that the DPS was WAY to weak. They raised the required IL but to be fair they need to do something with the sunsword. No average PUG will do this and why would veterans want to waste their time to get nothing? I did like this dungeon and it is still fun but it is by far the most useless RAQ and its pretty hard for a NON-OP team.

Honestly if you think it is doable do it with a 18 -20k team. Which is what it is intended for and scaled down to.
    Let me know how that goes, and how many tries it takes for a PUG at those levels to do that.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

I've been trying to do cr for about a week now and no one wanted to join me because it's "bugged" or "impossible"
    Today some people wanted to join me to try it out ! Finally !

It was completed in 31mins with a wipe(didn't gather enough sunlight for shield), not a fast run by any means, but it is not impossible. As long as you just...you know...dodge the red stuffs on the ground.

Party was:
    24.5k tr
    24.5k barb
    24.5k sw healer
    26k gf tank

How dare you tell people that they should WASD/SHIFT away from Red Circle, blame the tank at all times

No, seriously, people even have a hard time dodging in Tiamat.

Just shows how good of a change it was to completely destroy all that "Stand in one position and tank heals everything" gameplay.

Now everyone needs some HP. Now everyone needs some defense.

Good.

Also, congrats on completing CR. People don't play it because it's LONG, so they drop or say it's bugged.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    hrakh said:

I for one really do not particularly care if CR is bugged, not bugged, easy or hard. I avoid it like the plague simply because from an encounter design perspective that place is, in my opinion, horrendous.

I am sure there are those that find the idea of having one of five party members sit out 2/3 of a fight in utter boredom keeping a mouse button pressed down, a marvelous innovation. Or that find the the idea that; Sure, you may not have ever chosen to play a barbarian. but for this boss fight we will force you to play one anyway. Oh and here's a shiny sword. A triumph.

I am not one of those people.

Been there, done that, stayed out of the red, got my stuff, repeated it a few times, still hate it, hope it dies in a fire.

Agreed. I am so done with CR.

Ran it on preview before release.
    Full of bugs.
    Forum: Fix bugs please.
    Live release: Bugs still there.
    Several patches later, SOME of the bugs are gone.
    Mod 16 drops with all-class mechanic reworking.
    CR: Dumpster fire.
    Nothing works. Scaling is bollocks. Last boss becomes nearly unplayable.
    Several patches later, Scaling and SOME of the bugs are gone.
    Mod 17: Rinse and repeat.
    I'm done with CR.

Too bad, really. CR has great theme, artwork, mechanics (when they aren't bugged...
    ... that mother frakking Arcolith has NEVER been completely bug free...
    I really wanted to love that dungeon.
    Sad.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.