test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hags Rag drop rate....

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
Already on my 18th Poster and no sign of Hags rag dropping. After enquiring in guild people say its utmost 1/10 chance. Its started to get annoying because no one knows if cryptic has since tweaked with the drop rates. Any info on this would be helpful.

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    To increase drop chances, place at least 1 tarroka.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    12 posters, 3 cards each run, no hags rags. 3 Drops total, 2 spare hats and one other junk piece.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

12 posters, 3 cards each run, no hags rags. 3 Drops total, 2 spare hats and one other junk piece.

Forget hags rag, i hardly get drops. Probably got 4 drops out of the 18 posters but placed no Tarrokas as i was told that it doesn't affect hags rag drop rate just increases the chance to get other rewards.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Why not go with ebonized rings..? Same buffs.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    jonkoca said:

I for the sake of my life can't find another ebonized ring but if i get hags rag i can use shadowstalker +5.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

The main problem with this grind is that the rings are in the same loot table with all the other ebonized, prized, and ME stuff. And there are four versions of the ring. I grinded the alabaster set on 5 toons and only got three ebonzied rings. Two of them were the double-defense slot ward ring, which is okay for my OP tank. And the other one was the double-offense slot raid ring good for my CW. While I have not seen the other two versions, I'd imagine that are single offense/defense slots.

If a player is actively playing multiple alts, then maybe grinding the ebonzied ring is a decent strategy. Otherwise I would grind the hunts as you can target the boss. I tried a few hunts for the executioner's glove but gave up. The drop rate is definitely much lower than it was in mod 15.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    it took me 37 posters to get my rags lol
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I started every day off for a month and a half soloing a hunt before i finally got the drop i wanted. I'm thinking there is about a 2-5% chance each. Some of the cards are said to increase the chances. Try using different primary cards.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind an ebonized raid ring either. Got one of each of the other 4. RNG fail.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    It is very important to solo it, if you can't, then take someone you trust. I witnessed people getting the item to drop just to lose it to a ninja looter. Next I would load up on Seer cards, these seem to work the best for me when I am trying to snag an item (for whatever reason). The Seer reduces the timer by 5 minutes, do a test run and make sure you can solo with 5 or more minutes to spare. As for gathering Seer cards, I would ask in Barovia zone chat if there are any players selling the cards. I give all my cards away for free to anyone who is collecting them as I have built the artifact deck twice and would only be hunting this gear for appearance, if it appealed to me. Good luck! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Must admit, I've only had 1 ranged buff ebonized ring drop across all my toons. As has been said, either solo ras manca, or when you form a party, on the "my party" screen set loot to "party leader decides".

There's also chult's eyestalk gloves that have a ranged buff. Beholder fight in one of the underground temples. 2star hunt.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @jonkoca I heard in game that sobi got the Hag Rags to drop. I just got a "Cowl of the Dead" from Mr. Terror, but to be honest at this point I can't see any character on my account using it. The effect is a knock back every 30 seconds but the stats are a downgrade.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Yh guys, finally got the rags on my 20th run. However on my last 2 goes after this post, i used random primary tarroka cards which did make the hunt more difficult. Maybe they increased the chance of the loot.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I doubt it.
    1 drop in 20 is perfectly within the estimated 3-5% drop rate from before. Sounds normal.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Must admit, I've only had 1 ranged buff ebonized ring drop across all my toons. As has been said, either solo ras manca, or when you form a party, on the "my party" screen set loot to "party leader decides".

There's also chult's eyestalk gloves that have a ranged buff. Beholder fight in one of the underground temples. 2star hunt.

One of the chult ring that drops in the Omu hunts gives a ranged damage bonus as well, but unfortunately it has 2 defense slots.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • satansdemisesatansdemise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Take a full party. Set loot to party leader decides as long as you are the leader. Use atleast one card and make sure everyone gets a hit in at the last location. If you haven't gotten any drops in about 3-5 posters run a different poster to switch things up.
    I don't want to make another thread, could someone advice me on the drop rate for the shadowstalker ring +5 from the fane of the serpent quest in OMU?
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    That's actually pretty high now; it was painfully low but given that a lot of players complained that an achievement was gated behind RNG, Cryptic altered the drop rate on the +5 Chult rings.

That's actually pretty high now; it was painfully low but given that a lot of players complained that an achievement was gated behind RNG, Cryptic altered the drop rate on the +5 Chult rings.

It's just that one of my friend's friend has been trying for years to get a +5 ring and that really scares me lol. But since it's a weekly quest i don't think it'll bother me and i pretty much have every other gear i need that is BiS
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Its likely still pretty low. I still dont have one myself although i stopped regularly trying for it. The +5 chult ring increase was only for hunts unfortunately so this was not affected.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

It is very important to solo it, if you can't, then take someone you trust. I witnessed people getting the item to drop just to lose it to a ninja looter. Next I would load up on Seer cards, these seem to work the best for me when I am trying to snag an item (for whatever reason). The Seer reduces the timer by 5 minutes, do a test run and make sure you can solo with 5 or more minutes to spare. As for gathering Seer cards, I would ask in Barovia zone chat if there are any players selling the cards. I give all my cards away for free to anyone who is collecting them as I have built the artifact deck twice and would only be hunting this gear for appearance, if it appealed to me. Good luck! <3</p>

Alternatively - form the group yourself (with you as leader), set loot to "Leader Decides" for purple items or higher. That way, if your item does drop, it doesn't get scooped up by someone else. And if you don't need it, you can gift to another player.