test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Dragon Flight Completion Rate

athrogate#3634 athrogate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I have seen a few post with completion rates for Dungeons.
Are completion rates for Dragon Flight Available? Curious to the success/failure rate of no dragons, 1 dragon completed, 2 dragons completed, 3 dragon completed and all 4 dragons completed? My guess is that all 4 completed doesnt happen for most guilds
Tagged:

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    My Alliance does 1 and 2 dragons all the time with about 10 players. The issue with getting more is more due to the number of people willing to participate than anything else. The rewards are just not there for most people to even be bother by the event. I personally only join in for social reasons than actually gaining anything from it.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The Fabled Alliance done a number of Dragonflights (DF), mostly on the weekend when the number of players are high.

We usually do 4 dragons successfully with 15+ people, the last few runs our numbers average 17-25. Less than 10 people we just focus on completing three dragons (Red/Blue/Black).

It takes some preparations and coordination (usually announcement 30mins ahead of time and group/gather to start the event 10mins before summoning the dragons).

*Letting people know that they can use DF Fangs reward to buy sought after DF dyes, Stronghold box, seals, and vouchers are good motivation for people to join.

L.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I’m on PS4 in the NWE Alliance and we kill all 4 dragons regularly
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Then it’s just us, I guess. Maybe 3.6 million in damage is WAI. Not sure how one defends against that. I’ll have to test him again tomorrow to see if there was a subtle change.

I'm curious which attack it is. I know dragon breath is supposed to do stupid damage if you fail to get out of the cone.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    This is his special attack, marks target with a debuff (shield above head) and instantly hits for 3 mil dmg.
    This attack just kill one person and occurs every 20-30 seconds, so if you die, just respawn and attack again, repeat until it is dead.
    Simple as that
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The Avengers alliance does kill all 4 dragons with no problems and we run at least a few every week
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    We actually did a guild DF weekend event (for the fangs and because it's a good event). People liked it, it needed a lot of work and was much harder, but we almost always went for four dragons, 12-13 people (15 by the end) at least 8 times.

On PC, if you are far, the blue rarely kills you. But it does :D So, you have to revive a lot and it remains the last to be killed. But the campfire is somewhat close.

I think the issue, as said, that the rewards are not really worth it anymore. And that you need 15-20 people together. But, people liked doing it.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    haven't read this whole thread because lazy but the bigger problem is strong holds needs an update.. bad.. they want to go pvp more.. strongholds needs and update.. I see directions they could go with this that would be guild related fun times for all as well as other things. something where you can raid other strongholds in your guild or not take part of their mimic (have only fully upgraded guilds randomly raidable) and funtime wars ensue. as one example. (it would be awesome if it could be engineered in a way to give one guild what they need and clear space in coffers that are perennially overflowing so no one can donate. it would also be good to add a little punishment though so there was some desire to retaliate. some actual strife between competing guilds is what makes pvp types rev up lol

rewards for standing events need buffing. heroics could be switched up a little. etc.. it would be nice to have an update to gear. when was the last time we saw the merchant get an update?

edit: also difficulty of the dragons I don't think was meant to be easy for low levels. it had gotten that way with power creep but I think it's supposed to need some higher levelled players to do. or an entire instance of people working together who are of medium equipment rates. for the rewards which is basically a chance at a influence lockbox though it does need to be better loot for a more difficult setting. in the early days the gear was good at least.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    +1 on a Stronghold update. (A PROPER one, not a half arsed rush job!)
    This is urgently needed.

But that said, TBH, I'm kind of glad they didn't rush into a Stronghold review straight after Mod 16, I couldn't give less of a toss about PVP if you paid me to so, (and sorry if this makes me a bad person but,) I don't care what they broke when amending PvP this time round on M17. Just get Strongholds and Professions right.

Because I hope the Stronghold and Guild review comes hand in hand with a proper update on crafting/professions. If they let that fall behind, it will make all that hard work they did on the Professions and Workshop be for nought. And while I really don't like that professions, or more accurately, "Master Crafting" goes hand in hand with Guilds, I have to accept that it does, so HAMSTER it... just do it right.

Strongholds need a bunch of events, some that are fixed and regular, and others that can be set up and even modified by the Guilds, (For instance a "Capture the flag" scenario for those PVPers I dislike so much...) The Marauders was fun for a few weeks, but it took, like, three runs before everyone realised, "There is literally no point even trying to go for more than the basic starter rounds" cos the Influence was the ONLY thing worth doing it for, other than boredom, pride, or bragging rights. (And no one was impressed by that.)
    Maybe something like a bounty run, where you have to go out into the land around the Stronghold and have to kill X number of Y monsters, X number of Z monsters, etc... (obviously determined by the SH level.) One group runs after spiders, one for devils, someone charges uphill for the drakes, and another goes for giants, humanoids or beasts... that sort of thing.

Stuff that is either tough and rewarding, or quick and fun, or a mix of both. Given the number of different ways they've brought in Hunts, Wanted Posters, and now Expeditions it's clear there are people with the brains to create short, quirky, interesting quest games. Now just get those people to do their thing with Strongholds.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited September 2019

I see directions they could go with this that would be guild related fun times for all as well as other things. something where you can raid other strongholds in your guild or not take part of their mimic (have only fully upgraded guilds randomly raidable) and funtime wars ensue. as one example. (it would be awesome if it could be engineered in a way to give one guild what they need and clear space in coffers that are perennially overflowing so no one can donate. it would also be good to add a little punishment though so there was some desire to retaliate. some actual strife between competing guilds is what makes pvp types rev up lol

I had an idea on that issue as well, that would also tie in with a fix for Marauders.

Instead of the stuff in the wagon being deposited at your guild, (and why the guy doesn't just drive over the bloody bridge and drop it in the courtyard is down to laziness and unionisation in my opinion!) allow one guild to send X amount of Y Guild resource, (Wood, Gold, Shards, anything!) but it travels by cart, and is beset by... MARAUDERS!!! Now you have a real reason to get as many allies together as possible, get stuck in and win as much as you can. The more stuff you send, the tougher the monsters... (obvs) and you each get a muckle of influence on top.

Players have genuine investment in the game, and a chance to LOSE stuff, not just "not win as much" stuff.