test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I.....

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
With all the mega changes to the game since mod 16.....which pretty much nerfed my best characters (ohhh, poor Paladin of mine....)

I am pondering banking all my golds, account usable items and delete all my characters and just start fresh over with brand new characters totally.
Running out of reskilling tokens, all this experimentation with current characters got me no where.

What ya think? o.o

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You play on PC. Use the Preview server to test things. Free unlimited reskilling there.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Not sure if the Paladin was nerf. All the classes got reworked at the start of mod16. I main a Paladin so I might be able to relate.

My advice is to adapt and main one class at a time (but you can play multiple classes to generate ADs/get more gears for your main). Having one main, well geared class at a time help with ease and enjoyment of the game. I would suggest a Devoted Cleric ( I also main a cleric). Even if Divinity/Judgement can be tedious to manage, once you make it manageable it become second nature.

Also you never know what changes they might make in the future, deleting characters would be the last resort and even then I still think it is easier to buy more character slots with coupons/during sale.

L.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't call any of the classes "nerfed" as it was universal. More like everyone got different variants of the same characters. This is all just opinion, as developers swear it made the game much better, and we have to take their word on this rebuild of the game. They removed a lot from the game to improve it for module 16, and as we all know subtraction makes the sum greater, because they can do more with less.

The Foundry was working but only partly functional, so it was permanently removed to improve the massive amount of content planned for future modules, such as all the new content in module 17. This is the same method as they removed all the dungeons and replaced them a year later with fewer and lesser versions. To create quality entertainment and story telling such as the incredible jokes told over and over in module 15, Acquisitions Inc. the brain child of the PAX YouTuber group. I mean who can't laugh hearing the same joke about scratching a giant's nether regions over and over on loop? I can't wait to play the entire campaign someday.

I am so sorry my sarcasm was stuck on hard mode for a moment. Back to your "Should I... delete and reboot my characters with this uh... rebooted game." question. I didn't. Personally I have too much effort put into my 8 characters to do such a thing. If you feel it would make life in the game better somehow, I guess so. But I wouldn't do it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I wouldn't do it either.

Enchants are transferable as are mount insignia.

When I read about the impending Mod 16 Apocalypse upgrade to the game was coming I switched main from GF to GWF...

Its been fun and I am still playing Barbie now :)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    For my paladin, pre mod 16, I used a method that gave me tons of temporal hit points, like how radiant weapons in STO does...and allowed me to just rush into the monsters and WAIL on them with my weapons, while using the temporary hit points to tank it all. I mean it felt REALLY good to be able to withstand all that and not have to be a DPS goddess. Slow and steady winning the race, that sorta thing.

Now, it's.....well....anyone who played Dragon Quest...you know when you run into a whole gang of metal slimes? That's how it feels now. :/

I wouldn't do it either.

Enchants are transferable as are mount insignia.

When I read about the impending Mod 16 Apocalypse upgrade to the game was coming I switched main from GF to GWF...

Its been fun and I am still playing Barbie now :)

So far, that's the only one of my characters who did not feel nerfed. :o
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2019

and allowed me to just rush into the monsters and WAIL on them with my weapons, while using the temporary hit points to tank it all

so you are saying you prefered the uhm how to say this, brain dead type of play ,go for wizard, same play style now.
    But paladin is still the best tank and 1 of the best healers
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    And the ''meta'' (and by meta i mean the best) for dps now are wizards, rogues and rangers, but as i always say test them and see what you like to play the most
    rev#7881 said:

And the ''meta'' (and by meta i mean the best) for dps now are wizards, rogues and rangers, but as i always say test them and see what you like to play the most

it is not dps i am looking for....but to survive.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

For my paladin, pre mod 16, I used a method that gave me tons of temporal hit points, like how radiant weapons in STO does...and allowed me to just rush into the monsters and WAIL on them with my weapons, while using the temporary hit points to tank it all. I mean it felt REALLY good to be able to withstand all that and not have to be a DPS goddess. Slow and steady winning the race, that sorta thing.

Now, it's.....well....anyone who played Dragon Quest...you know when you run into a whole gang of metal slimes? That's how it feels now. :/

If you're hitting your defensive caps you shouldn't be dying easily from most mobs.

Toss in some healing mount bonuses, incoming healing & a large pool of HP and your survivability shouldn't be an issue at all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Well, I have a Paladin. I am not good at it. Far from BiS. I don't know how to tank properly (or heal). However, he can rush into the monsters and kill them (seems to be faster than before) without even bringing up the shield. I do bring up the shield once a while but it was not for defense but for re-charge.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***