test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

personal feelings about the ex GWF, aka Barbarian now.

banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
Well, so i returned after some personal problem after 3 months, and guess what.
it took ma ages to revamp my barbie, ok i choosed tank as class, but oh boy.
i aspect as tank u could take some serious beating, but this.
this is patetic, ok i got atm a 16K il, before the last mod i easy could do chult and bovaria
but now.
serious?, i am only eating HP potions.
and this block option ??, normal i could run around on a nuts speed, but this is replaced for block, bwehe.
lifesteel was my key point, WAS,, now i am a HP pot eating user.
personaly i have the feeling i am hitting air here, some daily quests i simply cant do anymore, even with that i am now lvl 75 at writing this with 16K IL.

Comments

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Focus on getting mounts that offer healing buffs. HP will help more than anything, but also Defense and Deflect. GWFs can't soak damage like they used to. Also, their damage is a tad sub-par after Mod 16.

If you're absolutely desperate, shoot me a PM and we'll get together in-game. I have a couple of spare green mounts that offer healing buffs I could share with you.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Well, so i returned after some personal problem after 3 months, and guess what.
    it took ma ages to revamp my barbie, ok i choosed tank as class, but oh boy.
    i aspect as tank u could take some serious beating, but this.
    this is patetic, ok i got atm a 16K il, before the last mod i easy could do chult and bovaria
    but now.
    serious?, i am only eating HP potions.
    and this block option ??, normal i could run around on a nuts speed, but this is replaced for block, bwehe.
    lifesteel was my key point, WAS,, now i am a HP pot eating user.
    personaly i have the feeling i am hitting air here, some daily quests i simply cant do anymore, even with that i am now lvl 75 at writing this with 16K IL.

If you want to continue, you need to find a guide to re-arrange your spec. If you don't do that, using pre-mod 16 spec would most likely give you hard time. Just consider this is a new class and you need to re-learn. After you reach level 80 and finish UM campaign, your barbie will be fine.

It took me the whole period of mod 16 to re-learn 6 classes one by one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Being tank means u give up 10% of ur dmg. For solo i would use a DPS spec.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I dont play tank base class but I can say in this new mod and their direction they are going in you need to spend more time on defensive stat increases and give up that dmg for defense to successfully tank.
    Before mod 16 sure things was face roll but now ya alot more to do with stats then there once was.
    Maybe read a guide on how to set your tank up.
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ya, i noticed, tank so is a bad idea, the DPS build i made on the 2nd slot is a wow, but yea, with no more lifesteal i still eat pots solo, hehe
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    As I'm learning, the goal is to optimize an end level toon based on current stat caps. Most (but not all) stats now have hard caps for both M16 and ToMM content, as I understand it.

An IL of 16k is pretty low in the post M16 era. BIS is around the 25k to 26k iL or higher now.
    well, not spending money anymore, after removal of some things i loved.
    with, atm 16.3k IL i can solo some stuff, but the lack on defense it killing me, and with low on AD i cant get the stuff i need
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

ya, i noticed, tank so is a bad idea, the DPS build i made on the 2nd slot is a wow, but yea, with no more lifesteal i still eat pots solo, hehe

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that when you get that extra couple of thousand IL from the newer weapons and bumping enchants, and (most importantly) getting your companions set up right, (which I;m surprised no one has already pointed out, given how much difference that makes now - Biggest Bondings you can get,stack Empowered Runestones on gear, and use an Augment) that you will be using fewer potions as time goes by. Obviously, that won't apply to harder stuff, but as far as Chult and Barovia go, you'll be fine.
    yesterday i changed some of my old lvl 70 pink gear for some dull green/blue stuff, stats went up very nice,
    geting good gear is a pain, but works good for lower maps, undermount is for low geared players ,imho, not solo friendly.
    and with some companions bugged, specialy healers, still is hard.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited September 2019

yesterday i changed some of my old lvl 70 pink gear for some dull green/blue stuff, stats went up very nice,
    geting good gear is a pain, but works good for lower maps, undermount is for low geared players ,imho, not solo friendly.
    and with some companions bugged, specialy healers, still is hard.

The only level 70 gear you should keep are those give you damage %.
    Anything else are not useful. e.g. those give you +1000 crit the first 10 seconds. Since mod 16, 1000 crit is nothing and eventually you will want to decrease crit and have hard time to do so. In certain moment, you will want to increase power and HP only. Then, combat advantage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Add to your defense/deflect.. get mount bonuses that heal on deflect/crit/stuns. An augment + rank 15 bondings do wonders for your stats.. as DPS keep most of any +damage % gear, get armor pen to 68k asap, crit, and accuracy as well. Then build up power and combat advantage

Tank spec is meant more for group play but means you should focus on defense, deflect, crit avoidance and then some awareness if you need it.. armor pen and accuracy will help with damage/threat, then you can dump into power/hp. Tanking is moreso about managing threat and being able to absorb hits
  • lizardglennlizardglenn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Just run ME,s even if you not finished undermountain and not have the quests,
    to gear yourself up and as was mentioned work on bonding stones 1st and then companions
    in general ignore most forum stuff high post count = lots of post count farming spam hapens here