test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Tower of the Mad Mage Trial Release Delayed

Comments

• sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

The problem with this game isn't the content its the community expectations to run the content. Took a group of inexperienced players through LoMM mage and they didn't have the so called standard stats, in fact far from that. We ended up beating the content just fine.

Its players who show their stat like sharp that setup the game community expectation of needing 200K+ power for ToMM or the 180K+ power that many seek for LoMM. Neither is needed to beat either content. A group that does the mechanics and pays attention and have enough power to pass the dps check will be fine.

The problem I have with this game is that I was hoping the developers would have made us do less damage than we are now; but from what I saw they they have planned it looks like we will be doing more damage. Seriously, this game is to easy and the trial would be the only thing worth running but I have a feeling it will be fixed to be easier sooner than later because to many elite players won't be able to beat it. Developers always seem to cave in when it comes to content being to hard. If they don't I would be very surprised.

The dev's spend so long on creating these contents and if they then limit it to select few because they are elite by nature is somewhat not fair on the rest. Sure, you will be rewarded for being good with your class but from my experience, only 1% of the playerbase plays at skill ceiling with their class. Making TOMM with its drop rates, available only to these 1% is truly a waste of resources from a dev's point of view and not even fair tbh.

If you really want a challenge, enjoy TOMM whilst it remains difficult and then when it is nerfed, just go naked to TOMM xD
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    > @lordtweety#3604 said:
    > I'm amazed at the reactions people are having against those that completed it.
    >
    > This was stated as an experimental move by the devs right from the outset. I think it's a success. Elite players don't have much to do in this game. Elite players are also very very good at introducing new players to the game. And without those new players this game is dead. There is more than enough content for new players to do but very little for the elite. So why not create something for them?
    >
    > Just look at how much work Janne, Sharpedge and others have done for this game. Why shouldn't they be given something that is fun for them in return?
    >
    > Anyone complaining about this being too hard just need to shove it, this trial isn't for you. If you want to run it but can't then you have more work to do. As I do.
    >
    > Kudos and grats to those that have completed it.
    >
    > And devs, please don't nerf it because of the whinging and whining.

I can only agree with this! Personally I have set it as a goal (long term) to complete the Trial but I am sure it won't happen tomorrow.

Grats to those that has completed it and you deserve every drop!
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Sure, a dungeon that only offers access (and success) at endgear is nice to have, esp for those that got no challenge in this game except the AH maybe. But NWO is the most casual game I ever knew speaking about the huge majority of player. I think a small game like this can't focus on <1% playerbase only... too much conflicts and a for sure a loss of player in the end. The nerf will follow the moment this will show up in playerstatistics. So get your achievement before nerf and tell everyone "I did it before the nerf, now it's a farming dungeon" :)
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I think one of the major issues is going to be getting groups of 10 players to all learn the mechaniics together at a high enough level. The game (at least on ps4) has lost a ton of players over the past 6 months or so. Guilds are dead everywhere. Sure there are many newer players but it's going to take awhile for the community (at least on ps4) to recover....imho
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    If the release was delayed, how are there items from ToMM already on the AH? Not salty, just curious.
    I aim to misbehave
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    silence1x said:

If the release was delayed, how are there items from ToMM already on the AH? Not salty, just curious.

It's live since yesterday:
    lassor said:

Hey everyone!

We've fixed the issues we wanted to address on the Trial and it will be going live tomorrow morning (roughly 9am PDT). Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay!

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

I think one of the major issues is going to be getting groups of 10 players to all learn the mechaniics together at a high enough level. The game (at least on ps4) has lost a ton of players over the past 6 months or so. Guilds are dead everywhere. Sure there are many newer players but it's going to take awhile for the community (at least on ps4) to recover....imho

Get people on discord and gg. All you need to do is get ur stats right, get a group with equally balanced stats, invite them to discord, learn the mechanics together. its all trial and error, no sure why so much drama about this. lomm at launch was also impossible for the majority but now you can even carry 2 or 3 new players through it. Although i feel they could have done what they did with sva and demo, which is releasing a normal dungeon for the non elite to practice, but as they stated, they want the dungeon to be the toughest for a long time, and that makes sense. The game needed something like this, the only issue is having to spend more ad, but there are also cheap options of just using succesor gear and other trash to balance ur stats and gtg
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I wonder if the ones beating have found something that allows them to beat it but not as intended. I see this often when difficult content comes out in other games so it wouldn't surprise me if it happens with this content.

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I wonder if the ones beating have found something that allows them to beat it but not as intended. I see this often when difficult content comes out in other games so it wouldn't surprise me if it happens with this content.

I don't think they found a way to beat it that is wrong. They are the ones who did the most testing and made suggestions on the content. I think they did a fine job on that part. The part I don't like is they then made an argument on the items being able to be sellable while also intentionally arguing class imbalance to reduce the number of players who can compete on the market with them. I think the best thing to do would be to make rings bind to account until they fix the class balance. Then they can sell them afterwards if they didn't equip them. If not, they just gave essentially the entire AD market to 20 players in the game.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

u can watch our runs on Zyandras stream and Virals runs on his stream, if you want to check what we do :)
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    As I have expressed before, I don't believe it is wise to create content that seperates the masses. The difference in mod 15 to mod 17 tomm, is that in mod 15 the elites could run it even though there was no challenge or anything that was needed for that group.

With Tomm, certain classes won't even get in due to balance issues, so it's a complete wall for those classes unless they go support (which i don't agree with).

As for drops, yeah I agree the rings should have been account bound, but since I wouldn't spend AD on them, don't really care.

I still think the best solution would have been to make a nTomm and a mTomm and then don't nerf the master version at all. If Tomm is eventually lowred due to playerbase complaints, no one is really happy.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    tom#6998 said:

u can watch our runs on Zyandras stream and Virals runs on his stream, if you want to check what we do :)
    Why are you "pooling" the ring-drops, instead of the person getting the drop selling it?
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm curious if you will answer it here?

In regards to the trial:
    I think a lot of the players are really happy with "true" end-game content, but it leaves a sour taste to see the players that all but designed the difficulty level, be the only ones that are able to cash in in this.
    A item that all players "need" (rings) should never have been un-bound, I would have loved to see a (really good) version of the old 2-4 set armor sets, where one of the pieces would only come from ToMM.

A lot of players saw where this was heading, and voiced concern over players designing content with the sole purpose of enrichening only themselves, but I guess not much was done about it.

This will no doubt be re-worked over the coming weeks/months, but this could all have been at a better place if the responsible developers had listened more to all feedback regading ToMM, not just the favored few...

Aaanyway, last post from me about this, hopefully this trial will be in a better place once it gets to console.

Still, great job for going for a true end-game trial, just wish it would have been a 20-player one, but with this engine, and the old consoles, sadly that won't happen...
    edited August 2019

tom#6998 said:

Why are you "pooling" the ring-drops, instead of the person getting the drop selling it?

In regards to the trial:
    I think a lot of the players are really happy with "true" end-game content, but it leaves a sour taste to see the players that all but designed the difficulty level, be the only ones that are able to cash in in this.
    A item that all players "need" (rings) should never have been un-bound, I would have loved to see a (really good) version of the old 2-4 set armor sets, where one of the pieces would only come from ToMM.

A lot of players saw where this was heading, and voiced concern over players designing content with the sole purpose of enrichening only themselves, but I guess not much was done about it.

This will no doubt be re-worked over the coming weeks/months, but this could all have been at a better place if the responsible developers had listened more to all feedback regading ToMM, not just the favored few...

Aaanyway, last post from me about this, hopefully this trial will be in a better place once it gets to console.

Still, great job for going for a true end-game trial, just wish it would have been a 20-player one, but with this engine, and the old consoles, sadly that won't happen...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/cwbcuo/tomm_rings_drop_rate_and_time_required_to_finish/

You can find an explanation there (just to save typing) , there is a lot of merit in splitruns, especially in fixed groups that worked a lot.

About the unbound, there are few things here:

If people will not buy (and I wouldn't buy at these prices) then the prices will eventually go down, yet people buy, this is economy in works.

There is a lot of benefit for expansive, hard to get, unbound items moving in the economy, from the AH tax, to the ZAX incentive for people to convert ZEN to AD to buy them.

On the other hand, this gives a return of investment for those that invest in their char and run the content, and from that again, investment in the game (if it's time or money) and perceived progress, a goal. Running REQ for RAD doesn't give it.

Overall there are very significant and strong benefits for this structure.

Rich people getting richer, is actually not a bad thing in terms of global economy in the situation it is now, yes we would like to be the rich party, but most of us are not, but still, looking overall, as in many cases (not all ofc) it is the same as removing AD from the economy if it's stored as AD, and not used on those people (happens when they take breaks for example, or quit, or banned)

(And no I don't have a personal gain, no rings to sell)

tom#6998 said:

In regards to the trial:

i answered that alrdy, but ill answer it specifically for u again^^
    We split our loot, this means 1 Person (in this case me) sells everything, and then it gets divided by 10 and sent to each player. This ensures that noone in our group gets shafted by RNG, we want the runs to be worthwhile for everyone in the party, since they all worked hard to get there.
    Just out of curiousity, why do u think we do that?
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)
    > i answered that alrdy, but ill answer it specifically for u again^^
    > We split our loot, this means 1 Person (in this case me) sells everything, and then it gets divided by 10 and sent to each player. This ensures that noone in our group gets shafted by RNG, we want the runs to be worthwhile for everyone in the party, since they all worked hard to get there.
    > Just out of curiousity, why do u think we do that?

> @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)
    > We split our loot, this means 1 Person (in this case me) sells everything, and then it gets divided by 10 and sent to each player. This ensures that noone in our group gets shafted by RNG, we want the runs to be worthwhile for everyone in the party, since they all worked hard to get there.

Tom, how long is your average run taking to complete?
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)

> @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)

Tom, how long is your average run taking to complete?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    one word for those exploit, "Illegal"

why? those have insider info, ways to bypass RNG.
    micky1p00 said:

Rich people getting richer, is actually not a bad thing in terms of global economy in the situation it is now, yes we would like to be the rich party, but most of us are not, but still, looking overall, as in many cases (not all ofc) it is the same as removing AD from the economy if it's stored as AD, and not used on those people (happens when they take breaks for example, or quit, or banned)

This statement is only true in economies where the only way to get rich is through investment or starting a business. This is because it infuses monies back into the people who get jobs or allows more work to be done which in tern continues to pay people to stay working. This isn't the case here where they are having to invest back into the games economy to continue this process. These individuals are getting AD by giving feedback to the developers. If we are making the argument that it is fine to give things to those who give feedback or help cryptic then shouldn't those players who made content in the Foundry be stacked with huge amounts of AD? They did more to help the game and only received some AD a title and companion that isn't game breaking. These players are essentially about to make a billion AD in game split between 20 players. I don't see that as being fine for any amount of work. They can essentially use that to corner the market on a lot of things and it is especially bad when the next mod or so will have master crafting in it.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I don't think they found a way to beat it that is wrong. They are the ones who did the most testing and made suggestions on the content. I think they did a fine job on that part. The part I don't like is they then made an argument on the items being able to be sellable while also intentionally arguing class imbalance to reduce the number of players who can compete on the market with them. I think the best thing to do would be to make rings bind to account until they fix the class balance. Then they can sell them afterwards if they didn't equip them. If not, they just gave essentially the entire AD market to 20 players in the game.
    for a week or two. soon other people will begin beating it enmass. and I'm quite sure no one is cheesing it. I think it's good they finally made stuff saleable. super hard content should have a way to make ad running it. and people who can't run it should have a way to get better gear.

for a week or two. soon other people will begin beating it enmass. and I'm quite sure no one is cheesing it. I think it's good they finally made stuff saleable. super hard content should have a way to make ad running it. and people who can't run it should have a way to get better gear.
    I agree with this and haven't been making statements against it. I just have issue with the multi parts being added into the equation at the same time.
    edited August 2019
    WTH do you talk about...

The same feedback, the same preview, all available to you equally as to anyone else. There is no special information, or some secret of creation.
    So now because someone given feedback and knows how to play it is considered "they get payed"?

Preview is open to everyone, free, and exactly in the same way, and doesn't require anything more than live, so if you or anyone didn't have the ability, or just didn't run it, it's on you, (and me, and whoever didn't run...)

And now you mix things about classes, grasping at straws? Really...
    Please take a moment to consider where you are going with this.
  • drizztdur78drizztdur78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    rings should be bta...dear devs pls consider this soonish!

i highly appreciate having a real endgame trial in nw and goal to strive for.
    also the rewards in Tomm are good and worthy if they stay Bis for quite some time as stated several times by devs!i guess most will probably agree on this.

since achieved items from Tomm will remain slotted for several modules and ppl made use of the benefits by the time something new comes around its no biggy to make rings bta.
    imho finishing Tomm,achieving and making use of items received is rewarding enough if mod18 doesnt come around with anything better!
    with current loot and rings bta there is enough incentive for ppl to keep running Tomm.well,with bta even more since you wont be able to trade rings within members of finishing groups and everyone individually relies on holy rng.
    im sure playtesters were suprised to say at least when they received the answer they been hoping for: rings unbound?your kidding?...harrharr...luv it!

we have maybe 5? groups max currently finishing the trial.with mod18 surely a couple more,but not that many since its for the best of the best and ppl that been learning very hard.optimizing stats is easy,the hard part comes once your inside and skill gets factored.
    having possibly 100 ppl by mod18 with several accounts at astral diamond cap due to their monopoly on the auctions is not the way to say thank you for previewing etc. dear devs!
    bta rings for sure,asap pls!

rings should be bta...dear devs pls consider this soonish!

i highly appreciate having a real endgame trial in nw and goal to strive for.
    also the rewards in Tomm are good and worthy if they stay Bis for quite some time as stated several times by devs!i guess most will probably agree on this.

since achieved items from Tomm will remain slotted for several modules and ppl made use of the benefits by the time something new comes around its no biggy to make rings bta.
    imho finishing Tomm,achieving and making use of items received is rewarding enough if mod18 doesnt come around with anything better!
    with current loot and rings bta there is enough incentive for ppl to keep running Tomm.well,with bta even more since you wont be able to trade rings within members of finishing groups and everyone individually relies on holy rng.
    im sure playtesters were suprised to say at least when they received the answer they been hoping for: rings unbound?your kidding?...harrharr...luv it!

we have maybe 5? groups max currently finishing the trial.with mod18 surely a couple more,but not that many since its for the best of the best and ppl that been learning very hard.optimizing stats is easy,the hard part comes once your inside and skill gets factored.
    having possibly 100 ppl by mod18 with several accounts at astral diamond cap due to their monopoly on the auctions is not the way to say thank you for previewing etc. dear devs!
    bta rings for sure,asap pls!

Whats your reason for the rings to be BoA? Besides beeing jealous?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    There's so much salt in here from people that can't complete ToMM. I don't foresee completing it anytime soon (when it comes to console). I have zero issue with rings being unbound. I have zero issue with people who complete it to post their drops for ridiculous amounts.

For YEARS we've been begging for more unbound loot in this game to sell on the AH.

The devs give us something of real value that's unbound and the rivers run with the tears of people that can't complete ToMM.

You can't complete ToMM? So what! Keep trying. Eventually you will. Oh no! A goal to strive for.

You can't pay 20M AD for a ring? So what! Neither can I.

You know what? In a few weeks the prices will be far lower. This is how the AH works with a new item. First drops go for ridiculous prices. Whales buy them. Then the more drops there are, the more competitive the prices get and slowly they go lower. Maybe by that point you can afford them or complete ToMM yourselves.

The sheer levels of jealousy in this thread are the problem with this community. You want what you want until it's given to you. Then you complain if you can't personally achieve it.

• hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The question is...why do i wanna have these rings? There s not a single valid reason to go for. If you can complete Tomm without why do you even need these rings? Ohhh 1 minute faster lol^^ Unnecessary...-->>> and im not jealous. I just see how the game and people are dealing for a long period with such items. You literally dont need them. But! -> If someone completes the trial then the rewards should be worthy. If you have 24k and solid stats aaaand know how to play your class...learning/knowing the mechanics...nothing to add. Just leave them unbound. Neverwinter "Raids/Trials" are nothing compared to various Content in other games so if people really really really want those items...just try hard and youll earn experience and maybe a legendary ring or the artifact. Even a Weapon! OMG! hahaha. Id rather take a very nice armor/weapon/mount skin or new tattoos - something cosmetic. I do not even have motivation to get rdy for this trial just for stuff that makes you "better" or the "challenge". Im kinda tired. But thats just me :)
    A lot of people are jelous. Its okay and they have to deal enough with themselve but as i remember people screamed for more unbound stuff. Some items dropped hard, some went high in price etc. Time will tell.
    Ah...one more thing...even if i had the money i would dare to buy these rings :D Rather go for some giveaways in alliance/guild. But thats just my opinion. I mind to use the google translate for an old german wisdom saying hahaha

So -> Leave them unbound. Thanks

"all that glitters is not gold" xD (google translator is just the best one^^)

Cheers :=)
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    This game use to have most of the drops from Bosses unbound and groups use to do dungeon runs and sell the loot and split the AD. I use to run OG Castle Never speed runs to the Beholder for ring drops with guildies and we always split the AD. Somewhere over the last few years Neverwinter made most drops bta and that stopped the sharing. It's fantastic that some are doing it again and sharing the loot. These groups deserve to be commended for sticking together and tackling the hardest content to date and sharing the info about it. The hardest content EVER deserves some of the best rewards.
  • hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    True words. Yeah...was quite funny when Castle Never Boss 1 farming was en vogue haha! The good old split runs - great memories! :)
  • drizztdur78drizztdur78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    im not being jealous at all Tom.i´ll surely attempt Tomm soonish aswell.it wont hinder me if some items in there have different bind status.

i feel like finishing Tomm is rewarding enough even if rings are being bta.
    you sooner or later get your Bis weapons and sellable parts of the artifact set that alone is fine imho.
    overall getting a chance on several longer terms Bis items and then using those for a fair amount of time is very good rewards- again if items stay Bis longer then a Mod as stated!

endgamers waited like forever for this and none would have been overly depressed if rings were being account bound.groups wont stop running the trial cause of less sellable items.
    with bta,being one amongst a hundred with equipped new Bis rings would mean something...and keep ppl busy due to rng.

buying out is not really rewarding and bad sites already seem to buy stuffs and resell.

making Tomm rings bind to account asap is the way to go imho.

edit: ppl should get over this jealousy,not able to achieve behaviour thats way to easy and infantile!
    point is ppl that worked hard should be rewarded and rewards are very good in Tomm.more so rewards will stay valid for Modules!so no need for the cherry on top of the whipped cream.there is still loot left to sell if rings are bound to account!
    i personally want my rings from a chest not from the auction house and i am more then willing to work for that goal.
    split run revival,thumbs up those were the glory days!
    Post edited by drizztdur78 on
This discussion has been closed.