test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 8/29/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
edited August 2019 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 8/29, at 7am PT. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11243963
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• dayhjawk#5066 dayhjawk Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    the link is to the patch notes for the other day, and isn't directed to the ones for today.

here is correct link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11243963-patch-notes:-nw.115.20190729e.24
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Link updated
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    couldn't they have not tried fixing the clothing bug on character screen while fixing the shared dyes on appearance cause this would of been nice seeing on maintenance
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    While we envision changing droprates as the mere tweaking of a few numerical values, evidence thus far indicates it must be a really difficult and involved process.
    Let us allow them some time to work though this..
  • flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    No mention of updated dropchances in Zok boxes?

Quite disappointed as well... Well, they will end up doing it, we just have to wait 1 or 2 more weeks...
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well,
    - Companions now properly teleport to the player when they're too far away, even in combat.
    what's the point?

No offense, but most companions are useless right now, their damage is hardly noticeable, they can't heal enough to "counter" the attacks of a single regular level 80 enemy, and they can't "tank" at least normal enemies either.
    Not to mention that some companions seem to be plainly broken, with 0x and 0y showing as their active "bonus", some of the Wayward Wizards for example.

And considering that pretty much every player has invested time and/or money into companions, shouldn't fixing them be much higher on the Devs priority list? I mean, it would be nice to read some official words about what's going on in the companion department and when we'll see more improvements for them...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well,
    - Companions now properly teleport to the player when they're too far away, even in combat.
    what's the point?

No offense, but most companions are useless right now, their damage is hardly noticeable, they can't heal enough to "counter" the attacks of a single regular level 80 enemy, and they can't "tank" at least normal enemies either.
    Not to mention that some companions seem to be plainly broken, with 0x and 0y showing as their active "bonus", some of the Wayward Wizards for example.

And considering that pretty much every player has invested time and/or money into companions, shouldn't fixing them be much higher on the Devs priority list? I mean, it would be nice to read some official words about what's going on in the companion department and when we'll see more improvements for them...

this is made, so u dont lose your companion (yes even augments) in ToMM during the 2cnd phase. Since its now impossible to resummon it during the fight, which leads to a guranteed failure that the player cant do anything against.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Hopefully it will fix the issues in ToMM and various overworld maps where stats aren't transferred after cutscenes and long rides.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    bojsha said:

There is a bug with Ebonizer Armour, players are getting way over 7000+ power from it, its stacking beyond the limit that is set.

That's not a bug. You only need 70,000 power to get 7000 from Ebonized chest pieces with full stacks.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    Maintenance extended by a half hour. :/
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • kinpyrekinpyre Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    unable to authenticate bug again you cant download the patch yet
  • ryandefoeryandefoe Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    aaand still no workshop fix :( i asked for compensation because i cant use my workshop and all they had to say was "unfortunately, we cant give out items" my workshop has been bugged for over a week which i s a ton of time to level a workshop. specially if youve been playing almost 12 hours a day
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kinpyre said:

unable to authenticate bug again you cant download the patch yet

Yeah, I believe that's the reason why they had to extend the maintenance. They are working on it. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ryandefoe said:

aaand still no workshop fix :( i asked for compensation because i cant use my workshop and all they had to say was "unfortunately, we cant give out items" my workshop has been bugged for over a week which i s a ton of time to level a workshop. specially if youve been playing almost 12 hours a day

What exactly is wrong with your workshop? Have you made a bug report thread on the forums about it? Have you checked to see if there is one already?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    What exactly is wrong with your workshop? Have you made a bug report thread on the forums about it? Have you checked to see if there is one already?

i didnt know you HAD to accept all 4 applications during the tutorial so i have no artisans to craft and complete it. That being said i also dont get new application through out the day liek your supposed to, so im stuck in the tutorial not being able to do anything. Ive also ticketed and reported as a bug and its been around a week since then.

• keldonyahne15keldonyahne15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ryandefoe said:

i didnt know you HAD to accept all 4 applications during the tutorial so i have no artisans to craft and complete it. That being said i also dont get new application through out the day liek your supposed to, so im stuck in the tutorial not being able to do anything. Ive also ticketed and reported as a bug and its been around a week since then.

Apparently he fixed the issue yesterday, by buying artisans from auction house.

ryandefoe said:

My uncle has the same issue, he declined them because they weren't lvl 70 like mine.... Mine were 70 because I maxed out old professions....

He submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago and no response as well.

wow 2 weeks? you think they would have fixed the problem by now. i remember a live stream where the developers said they always wanted to make the community happy and deliver a game with minimal issues and fix any issues that come up. To me(i could be wrong) doesnt seem like a very hard issue to fix, but 2 weeks? god damn.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    My workshop tutorial is also bugged AF, difference being I can't decline any artisans, it's stuck in "accept the first artisans blah blah" and even if you accept them all, it doesn't disappear, still can't decline any. It's damn annoying, I don't want to keep accepting and firing 1 by 1 until I find a half decent artisan, it's just too annoying, plus that means I have at least 1 less useful artisan space.

I asked support for help and this is what they said:
    Unfortunately, there is currently no available option to skip or bypass the issue with the workshop artisan application issue. This matter needs the intervention of the game developers by providing a fix through a game update or patch.

Additionally, I cannot specify the specific timeframe when exactly the fix will be released. Kindly refer to the game's official news page and forums for further updates about the issue.

You know, there's a reason games put a "skip tutorial" button, everyone knows these kinds of tutorials bug out all the time, baffles me that you can't even patch something simple like this... Loving the 3 line patch notes.
    brun2000 said:

My workshop tutorial is also bugged AF, difference being I can't decline any artisans, it's stuck in "accept the first artisans blah blah" and even if you accept them all, it doesn't disappear, still can't decline any. It's damn annoying, I don't want to keep accepting and firing 1 by 1 until I find a half decent artisan, it's just too annoying, plus that means I have at least 1 less useful artisan space.

wow thats super unfortunate. i rememeber back when i played in 2013, crafting was super important, i hope its not that important anymore if they dont want to fix it, and if it is still super important, then there should be a compensation for the people waiting weeks for it to be fixed. i understand they may be a small team, but instead of focusing on fancy health bars ore whatever the heck it was, maybe learn how to prioritize their time to fix the damn bugs!
  • deroxwesnaderoxwesna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    We will be performing shard maintenance on August 29 from 7-10:00 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums. 16:41 UTC and server still down !!! WHY ?

We will be performing shard maintenance on August 29 from 7-10:00 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums. 16:41 UTC and server still down !!! WHY ?

may have had an issue while patching. id give it 30 minutes after the specified time, IF it were to go any longer they should post somewhere it will unless they already have and just havent seen it yet
  • mrpinkdk#9607 mrpinkdk Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Maybe the 16.30 UTC should have been a 17.00 UTC - would fit the 7-10 pacific time

edited August 2019
    i see they changed it to 10am PST from 9:30am PST so another 20ish minutes
    My apologies. I've been making maintenance announcements on Discord as I get them, but was too busy to check the forums. There was an issue with the account server which caused them to delay. Last I heard, maintenance is still until 10 AM Pacific.
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.