What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Tower of the Mad Mage Trial Release Delayed

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

fyrstigor said:

Greetings Adventurers,

We have made the decision to delay the release of the new Trial until sometime next week. While the plan was to open it tomorrow, we discovered some exploits and bugs at the last minute that we feel are important to address first in order to conserve the integrity of the Trial design and the player gameplay experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate all the information and input from players that helped us identify the issues.

We will be updating this forum thread with any additional pertinent information.

A good thing ''unfortunately'', i don't know how you want us to run tomm capped to lomm, i'm dps and i'm doing WE everyday and all that i get is green-blue itens with defensive stats , i never did WE with 3 runes obviously, i don't want to waste a lot of stone of health and die like 10-20x because i'm not capped to kill that mobs and mini bosses. So, is the same system of watcher set, i need to run with 5 members and pray for my god to the dropped item come to me and with offensive status.... really ? what's the point cryptic? why you create this systems based on lucky? why we can't just collect coal magic in lomm and exchange in undermountain store or collect that itens dropped from gith or illith and choose what companiom gear we need? Basically if i want to do the new content even playing with '' end game '' account and not F*** everything there i will need to wait 2-4 months ? i can't understand cryptic mind, is like a woman...
    U can cap ToMM stats with blue gear, even green. Or with the purple things from mod 16. It requires u do spend some AD to get stats in other ways, but its possible, ive done it 3 times to get ready for ToMM.

IMO they should make a few quests with companiom item in reward like M16, i don't think we can get all stats with green-blue itens, we will be missing CA or ACC and loow power obviously, i'm ''desesperated'' because i never dropped that ring in ME but i could hit the cap to lomm but tomm i think is impossible, to do this you need to down 15-20k power and the power there is necessary like any other status.

Better that it is delayed by 1 week and any outstanding bugs are fixed, then it goes live now and people complain about bugs.

Greetings Adventurers,

We have made the decision to delay the release of the new Trial until sometime next week. While the plan was to open it tomorrow, we discovered some exploits and bugs at the last minute that we feel are important to address first in order to conserve the integrity of the Trial design and the player gameplay experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate all the information and input from players that helped us identify the issues.

We will be updating this forum thread with any additional pertinent information.

A good thing ''unfortunately'', i don't know how you want us to run tomm capped to lomm, i'm dps and i'm doing WE everyday and all that i get is green-blue itens with defensive stats , i never did WE with 3 runes obviously, i don't want to waste a lot of stone of health and die like 10-20x because i'm not capped to kill that mobs and mini bosses. So, is the same system of watcher set, i need to run with 5 members and pray for my god to the dropped item come to me and with offensive status.... really ? what's the point cryptic? why you create this systems based on lucky? why we can't just collect coal magic in lomm and exchange in undermountain store or collect that itens dropped from gith or illith and choose what companiom gear we need? Basically if i want to do the new content even playing with '' end game '' account and not F*** everything there i will need to wait 2-4 months ? i can't understand cryptic mind, is like a woman...
    If you aren't easily able to cap your stats, then you aren't ready for tomm.

Is not about be able but about the trash rgn system.

You can cap your stats with the m16 pet gear and then 1 piece of blue gear from m17, which can be purchased off the Auction house. I was running the trial this way on preview. The m17 gear is not necessary, it is nice to have.
    Hello Sharp, by capping do you mean only offensively or overall?
    Overall. Here are my stats:

(Combat Advantage is 130k as well).
    With this gear:

The burnt belt is not required to cap your stats, I used the rare version of it before I dropped the epic version, you just need to swap the Iron Golem's Presence with the Green Slime. The rare version can be bought off the AH for like 1k AD. You can then trade the 10k power mount (which I am using) for an hp mount and you have enough HP as well. The Grimoire is a guaranteed quest result from the quest which unlocks the trial in the first place, so acquiring it is not an issue.

If for some reason you wish to not use any m17 gear, you can also cap your stats with the plated belt, choke chain and pearl ring. Seeing as how the 1 piece of gear can be bought off the AH and the other is a guaranteed quest reward, I see no reason to explain how to cap with worse gear in the first place.

There's no way you are capping ArmorPen/Crit/Accuracy/CA/Defense with that gear

Funnily enough, I am.

LULZ ..you are joking .... you have the most expensive enchants and companions and possibly dominance insignias and you are bragging for your capped stats ...? your ....bondings cost 9mill ad, dominance insignias 22mill ad , alpha compy 21mill ad
    dude , did you get a loan from your bank to buy all these stuff and give them away to cryptic ?
    There are people who have been working a long time to reach this, I think you are the joke here since your post smells envy
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Insane this tomm, no one can survive this. 450k hp 110k defense and i die with one hit. 30.000 of enemy rating it's to much, Lomm have 18000, why this have 30k?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Insane this tomm, no one can survive this. 450k hp 110k defense and i die with one hit. 30.000 of enemy rating it's to much, Lomm have 18000, why this have 30k?

We finished it already, I like my new rings.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Are you the tank at 450k HP, I read some run near 1000k HP ? And what about gear and comps that debuff a boss, like that chicken , gear etc. defense caps ? Hard to judge based on those pretty small informations.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    110k defense seems a bit overkill.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I love the new trial, my guild is haveing TONS of fun. Thx to all devs that made this possible.
    tom#6998 said:

I love the new trial, my guild is haveing TONS of fun. Thx to all devs that made this possible.

The sentiment is shared here.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    After much reflection I think its a noble experiment. If, as a development team, you get yelled at no matter what you do, you might as well do what makes you happy. And if what makes you happy is designing and implementing some very challenging content for a very small minority, more power to you. We will see how it works out. could be great, or we could see another record on the 100 meter backpedal. Either way, it will be informative and likely to significantly influence the future path of this game.

Sure, I could totally do without the puddles of ego all over the floor of the forum and the grating sound of people scrambling for their virtual tape measures, but on the whole curiosity is winning out for me. That and the chance for new and interesting character deaths :)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    hrakh said:

After much reflection I think its a noble experiment. If, as a development team, you get yelled at no matter what you do, you might as well do what makes you happy. And if what makes you happy is designing and implementing some very challenging content for a very small minority, more power to you. We will see how it works out. could be great, or we could see another record on the 100 meter backpedal. Either way, it will be informative and likely to significantly influence the future path of this game.

Sure, I could totally do without the puddles of ego all over the floor of the forum and the grating sound of people scrambling for their virtual tape measures, but on the whole curiosity is winning out for me. That and the chance for new and interesting character deaths :)

It all depends upon the expected number of completed runs the devs have planned vs. what actually happens. If the community can surpass that number great, if the number falls below their expectation than the trial will more than likely be adjusted.

In all honestly I believe it to be adjusted to be easier, not because the content requires it but because many players cannot or will not invest the required time to complete the trial at its current difficulty.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

git gud

> @agilesto said:

>
    Warlock is an unknown object, overperforming as dps on paper...

you mean on hitting papers? or compared to a paper? u know papers can cut skin...
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    tom#6998 said:

I'm really glad to hear you and your guild are enjoying the trial!

hrakh said:

It all depends upon the expected number of completed runs the devs have planned vs. what actually happens. If the community can surpass that number great, if the number falls below their expectation than the trial will more than likely be adjusted.

In all honestly I believe it to be adjusted to be easier, not because the content requires it but because many players cannot or will not invest the required time to complete the trial at its current difficulty.
    I've talked about this a bit before on the preview forums, but it bears repeating here: we don't have explicit targets for how many players we "want" to complete Tower of the Mad Mage. Before Module 16 we could not build content like this, so we don't have a benchmark we are trying to reach. Instead we will be observing how the community reacts—not just how many individual players finish the trial.

We also intend for the Tower to remain the source of the best weapon in the game for the foreseeable future, likely until something of comparable difficulty is released. So players will have plenty of time to continue challenging the content. Finally, for those that may be concerned: we do not intend to increase the difficulty of future dungeon content to this level. Although the item level of dungeons will of course increase, the amount of coordination and technical skill required to complete a dungeon will remain closer to Lair of the Mad Mage.

It is certainly possible that we will make adjustments to the Tower of the Mad Mage in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans to make adjustments based on clear rates.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    tom#6998 said:

Looks like someone is trying to cash in on those rings that a group of players convinced a developer to leave unbound and added to the loot-table in ToMM.
    But as long as you are having fun, I'm sure every other player feels the same way about the how ToMM was tuned/custom made in regards to damage, buffs and mitigation, for certain groups...

It will be interesting to see how this trial is received by the majority that ries it, also would love to see some statistics about ties, completions, and so on, nice work by the devs anyways on getting this out to the public! :)
  • gienek#1554 gienek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @"tom#6998" said:
    > I love the new trial, my guild is haveing TONS of fun. Thx to all devs that made this possible.

Gratz! You've got 15 or even more rings in 5 hours, is that right? How did you manage to do that, could you share it with us? People are talking about you and your rings on reddit, you know? This is a sort of a godlike level of luck out there!

> @tom#6998 said:

> I love the new trial, my guild is haveing TONS of fun. Thx to all devs that made this possible.

Gratz! You've got 15 or even more rings in 5 hours, is that right? How did you manage to do that, could you share it with us? People are talking about you and your rings on reddit, you know? This is a sort of a godlike level of luck out there!

i made a group, practiced with it for 3 Weeks, we decided to split all the loot, and now im in charge of selling the stuff. Nothing spectacular.
  • drakostar83drakostar83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

> @tom#6998 said:

We did 5 succesfull Runs and we split the Loot.
    > @drakostar83 said:
    > (Quote)
    > We did 5 succesfull Runs and we split the Loot.

5 runs? So RNG GOD was with you, I hope you didn't sell your souls for drop. How often legendary rings drop from dungeons? And you took 4 legendary and 11 even good from 5 runs? Interesting, tell me more please, I like urban legends
  • drakostar83drakostar83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    5 Runs x 10 Player x 2 Chests x 5 reroll token. And its like Tom said it was a lot of work to come to this state of performence of our group.
    You try to be funny? I asked normal questions, you earned almost 60 rings/set pieces, for max 500 tries. I would like to know how did you do it, but you're too arogant to give me normal answer. Many people doesn't have luck with rng. Have fun with your TONS OF FUN.
    edited August 2019

You try to be funny? I asked normal questions, you earned almost 60 rings/set pieces, for max 500 tries. I would like to know how did you do it, but you're too arogant to give me normal answer. Many people doesn't have luck with rng. Have fun with your TONS OF FUN.

tom#6998 said:

> @tom#6998 said:

i made a group, practiced with it for 3 Weeks, we decided to split all the loot, and now im in charge of selling the stuff. Nothing spectacular.
    i alrdy told u, what more is there to add?

What u can see is the Loot from 10 runs, from 10 ppl toghether.

He did explain it to you, that is the loot from 10 people on 1 character.
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    wow....20 million for a ring, that is only needed to run tomm - laughable. But good luck with your sales. Oh I'm sure you'll sell some of them as there is 10 clueless people born every 5 min.....
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I will say this: kudos to tomm, and sharp and the others that have completed the trial. Good job, as this was created specifically for them, and most have been testing it on preview, so they had everything down pat going in.

I will still disagree with the overall concept of making something for a small percentage of the playerbase. Just as the elite and bis were upset with mod 15 being designed for newer players, this mod is deisgned for the elites, and I believe the rest of playerbase will be disappointed with that. That is the circle of this game and devs trying to find a spot to appease all.

If the overall satisfaction with mod 17 is good, the devs will continue with this design. If enough of the playerbase complains one way or the other, things willl change.

As for prices on the rings, meh who cares. They should have been bound to account, so it would have been more of a status symbol for those that beat it. Instead it again will be(imo) just a way for the rich elite to get richer as it was said before, a sucker is born every minute and a fool is easily separated ftom their money and you will get some people that would pay that price thinking they needed to "have" that ring.

Again, kudos and hats off to those that beat it.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    What I don't like about this is that these are essentially being completed by 3 class types for dps slots. The fact that so many are on the auction house first day from one group tells me that something is wrong. Something needs to happen to either allow more people to finish the content or the other classes may need to get some MAJOR buffs in the next week especially in the relm of fighter/Barb/DC/SW. I wouldn't have an issue if all classes were on an equal playing field. Right now it looks like the few who helped a lot with the setup of this event essentially pushed for self benefit only. This has a very bad look to it right now but time will tell. If we get to 3 weeks into this and only 1 group has the majority of the rings on the market something needs to be done.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • bspallybspally Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

tom#6998 said:

I'm really glad to hear you and your guild are enjoying the trial!

hrakh said:

I've talked about this a bit before on the preview forums, but it bears repeating here: we don't have explicit targets for how many players we "want" to complete Tower of the Mad Mage. Before Module 16 we could not build content like this, so we don't have a benchmark we are trying to reach. Instead we will be observing how the community reacts—not just how many individual players finish the trial.

We also intend for the Tower to remain the source of the best weapon in the game for the foreseeable future, likely until something of comparable difficulty is released. So players will have plenty of time to continue challenging the content. Finally, for those that may be concerned: we do not intend to increase the difficulty of future dungeon content to this level. Although the item level of dungeons will of course increase, the amount of coordination and technical skill required to complete a dungeon will remain closer to Lair of the Mad Mage.

It is certainly possible that we will make adjustments to the Tower of the Mad Mage in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans to make adjustments based on clear rates.
    You made really stupid move with TOMM. That is the reaction.

"or will not invest the required time to complete the trial at its current difficulty."

time? It is about gear, not the time. But i don't think that people geared to complete mage - buy as much zen as new players. They will just have more AD not to buy zen in future. And what do we have in m17 for new players to stay in game and buy zen?
    PVP with geared 6-years-in-game players? Or TOMM to die 100 times with no chance of progress? Yes this is a great way to encourage people to stay in game and buy zen.

I like to play your game and You did a great job and thanks for trying to introduce something new! But please - do it in a little bit more smart way ;)
    Make Neverwinter's players willing to buy Zen great again!
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Big congratulations to anyone completing ToMM!

I ran it during testing phase and on preview. It takes serious gearing up, coordination and understanding/anticipation of the mechanics to complete it.

Hopefully in the coming days more will be able to complete ToMM and in a few mods the rest of the player base get to try out ToMM when it is added to the queue list.

ToMM and harder contents are the benchmarks for players to reach and progress toward, if they choose.

L.
    > @bspally said:
    > (Quote)
    > You made really stupid move with TOMM. That is the reaction.
    >
    > "or will not invest the required time to complete the trial at its current difficulty."
    >
    > time? It is about gear, not the time. But i don't think that people geared to complete mage - buy as much zen as new players. They will just have more AD not to buy zen in future. And what do we have in m17 for new players to stay in game and buy zen?
    > PVP with geared 6-years-in-game players? Or TOMM to die 100 times with no chance of progress? Yes this is a great way to encourage people to stay in game and buy zen.
    >
    > I like to play your game and You did a great job and thanks for trying to introduce something new! But please - do it in a little bit more smart way ;)

U do realise that a new player has 16 modules worth of content to play right? This notion that every module has to cater to new players, who have so much other stuff to do... i dont get it. Do u think aquisitions inc was a grand sucsess for Neverwinter?
  • bspallybspally Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    "U do realise that a new player has 16 modules worth of content to play right? This notion that every module has to cater to new players, who have so much other stuff to do... i dont get it. Do u think aquisitions inc was a grand sucsess for Neverwinter?"

Aquisitions was great! no content = no worries ;)

Make Neverwinter's players willing to buy Zen great again!
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Thank you all for your patience with the delay, and good luck to those who are heading into the Tower!

Thank you, new content is always appreciated. Will the dps paths of clerics, barbs, warlocks be able to play TOMM and not hinder their teams?
This discussion has been closed.