test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M17 Tower of the Mad Mage Guide

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
Authors: Here is a link to our guide for the new trial in Module 17, the Tower of the Mad Mage:

Tower of the Mad Mage Guide.

And a video to go with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyvZJNtwT04

Feel free to ask us any questions about this content here, we will try our best to answer.

Comments

• chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I noticed in these recent videos you dont call out the mechanics like you did in the beginning. Did you keep most of the same people for each of the runs? How many runs were needed before most people knew what needed to be done and you did not have to instruct people on what to do?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

I noticed in these recent videos you dont call out the mechanics like you did in the beginning. Did you keep most of the same people for each of the runs? How many runs were needed before most people knew what needed to be done and you did not have to instruct people on what to do?

Me, Viral, Lightbringer, Tardli and Soup I think were in every run. Cass and Skull were in most runs. The last 3 people swapped in/out, but for the most part it was a semi fixed group. I would say about 10 runs for people to learn all the visual tells for the raid (spread, etc), but people still have issues with some ability combinations for example GtC/CtG x2+Disintegration Wave.
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    How many attempts before your team achieved your first completion? Im specifically talking about the first version. Then with each update and the increased difficulty how many runs? I guess im getting at how much harder was each increase in difficulty compared to the current release.
    chiatzou said:

How many attempts before your team achieved your first completion? Im specifically talking about the first version. Then with each update and the increased difficulty how many runs? I guess im getting at how much harder was each increase in difficulty compared to the current release.

I think it was 17 runs for the first completion, 20? or so for the update after it and 17 again for the final update.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

chiatzou said:

I think it was 17 runs for the first completion, 20? or so for the update after it and 17 again for the final update.
    On average how long did each attempt take before you ended up wiping? If you state 20 minutes than a group of 10 highly skilled and properly geared players will need roughly 6-7 hours to beat this. Even at 10 minutes per an attempt we are talking around 3 hours.

Most players don't have that patience or time to try a end game dungeon; it will be taxing getting a group together for this trial to beat it.

chiatzou said:

On average how long did each attempt take before you ended up wiping? If you state 20 minutes than a group of 10 highly skilled and properly geared players will need roughly 6-7 hours to beat this. Even at 10 minutes per an attempt we are talking around 3 hours.

Most players don't have that patience or time to try a end game dungeon; it will be taxing getting a group together for this trial to beat it.
    It was about 20 minutes per run.