test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay, this is RIDICULOUS!

Comments

• b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I had a healer once, way way way back in the day. But then I took a dev arrow to the knee.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

I think of leveling 1-80 is just one long tutorial...The game doesnt really start until u are lvl 80, so they might as well just focus on that.

Everybody says that.
    For me the game ends in Gauntlgrym, and the long tedium begins.
    I've only ever been here for the story, and I don't think there's much of one these days.

Understand where you're coming from but at the same time it's not an elitist thing to ask people to work as a group.

Frankly, people shouldn't even have to ask.
    If I'm in a group with my Arbiter, Justicar, or Hellbringer and people are dying left and right, or if I notice they're constantly chugging curatives to keep their health up, I'll switch in some +outgoing healing companions and pull up a healing spell, or kill my warlock and change to a Soulweaver, maybe even switch in my healadin if things are really bad. Sometimes I'll go ahead and switch while we're waiting at the gate if I see a lot of low stats on people.

The only time I resent changing up is when they're all flouncing about in the red like a bunch of idiots. In which case it's better to let them die - Fools learn from their own experience. I think most people play a little more sensibly after a few smores.

As far as elitism, I think it's often confused with scrubbism in this game. A hallmark of an elite player is they're not particularly hampered by someone else's playstyle, but a scrub is. Scrubs need everyone on point and dressed for success 'cause they're looking for that group carry. An elite player simply picks up the slack and keeps on trucking.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Take the emotion out of the situation for a moment and ask yourself - what would have happened if you'd folllowed the advice ?

Yeah what did they tell you to do, and is it a good/bad, idea?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User

Who CARES if there's another tank in this skirmish? Who the HAMSTER is this guy to TELL me to change my play-style? You just don't get it. This is WHY I quit running dungeons. If you didn't play the way some elitist HAMSTER TELLS you, you're kicked from the party.

I play the way *I* want to play. If YOU have a problem with that, drop party. Don't ever think you have the right to tell me what to do.

This has nothing to do with Gaming or Elitists, it is how you handle other people. If you quit running dungeons because someone told you something you didnt like, you are in for a very rough life.

One thing after another will be eliminated because of other people until you have nothing left. This is giving control of your actions to another person (very bad)

Just face it, some people suck and some dont. Do what you enjoy and dont worry about others.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    'Elistism' in its any context or connotation has nothing to do with what described.

Every SINGLE one of my toons is getting one-shotted by Gaurrundar the Vile. Every. Single. One. If it's not him, it's the Wyrmspeaker.

Red -> Move.

I play this game, 'cos I enjoy the action combat. I'm not BiS as I'm *NOBODY'S* slave. No one is going to tell me how to play a game. Not elitist players. Not Cryptic.

No one.

Actually Crypric can very well aim the game to a certain play style, party composition and skill combinations. And like you said about it "Don't like it, drop the party" so "Don't like it, drop the game"

This is unfortunately how it goes, and I as many others consider it at multiple times, when there are changes that we do not like.

But I'm running a respectable 20k TR, with purple insignias, a Legendary Augment Companion, Rank 10s, heal mounts, etc and I'm watching myself get one-shotted, even when I dodge in this skirmish. My 19k GF is losing 70% of his health, when he's blocking, 'cos my stamina is completely drained in a single hit.

Either your stats are wrong, or:

Red -> Move.
    There is no unavoidable damage there, if you dodge, you don't get hit.

Not everyone wants to group as a lot of end game players are HAMSTER and if you don't play the way they want you to, they'll kick you out of the dungeon/skirmish.

I'm frustrated, but more so now with the elitist mentality of some of the player-base. I just had yet ANOTHER HAMSTER tell me how to play. "Go heals and help your party." I don't have a heal build for my SW. I don't play group content with this game, except for CTA, as I despise that mentality. We had a OP in our group. Why wasn't he going heals? Who was this guy to tell me how to play? Sure, he wants to win, so do I, but just let people enjoy the game. If you can't enjoy the game, unless you force other people to play the way you want them to, then maybe you shouldn't be playing.

I play group content with my wife and son all the time. I played group content all the time with my guild when it was active. They never told me to do anything, but I can't count the number of times I've been kicked from a party, for not slotting a particular power, someone expected me to, or not running around in circles to keep the adds away or not using some exploit or some buff stack, 'cos some people expected me to.

I don't follow, one time you say you never do dungeons, the other you say you constantly doing group content.. Am I missing a type of group content...

You run group content with your family and guild and get kicked? wow.. You play with whom you choose to play. I play the game for many years now, from the start, and no kicks, I don't get kicked, nor I kick anyone, and so as countless people I know, spanning multiple guilds how is that possible?!

I think can see the issue.

Who CARES if there's another tank in this skirmish? Who the HAMSTER is this guy to TELL me to change my play-style? You just don't get it. This is WHY I quit running dungeons. If you didn't play the way some elitist HAMSTER TELLS you, you're kicked from the party.

I play the way *I* want to play. If YOU have a problem with that, drop party. Don't ever think you have the right to tell me what to do.

And here it is, the issue is not gameplay, no, you don't have to swap anything, or do anything someone tells you. But by the angry style you write and that opening, seems to me it's a social skills issue. No communication effort, no teamwork. Ofc maybe I'm wrong, anyone can have a bad day, or two, or a month I guess....

But this is why I usually won't pug. A single obvious change of a single skill or tactics can change from complete waste of time and effort, to a success, but ofcourse there are the "How dare anyone to suggest me anything"
    People who don't give a HAMSTER about the party.

Things go both ways, people can't demand, but they can ask for something that will help in their opinion for a success. Their opinion can be shared or not, argued, disagreed, and so on, yet it can also be valid (not specific to the OP described case).
    On the other side, if people will think a bit about the group and not only themselves and will be willing to compromise, life would have been better.

Usually that doesn't happen, I loved it when in MFP a bunch of under-geared tanks and DCs ran to wet-noodle the mobs, leaving a practically BiS TR to knock on doors and wake guards..
    How I should call them? Elitists?

It's always the people who say "Can we do something to get it done? How can we improve? Any ideas" That get it done at the end, but they are rare. It's the "Elistis" - "How dare you to tell me how to play" crowd that gets a party stuck, because they ofc know better, and will never accept any ideas, or suggestions.

Anyway, someone saying something that someone else doesn't agree with, shouldn't bring entire angry posts, and ptsd about kicks. You think you know better, ok, not every request has merit. Someone asked to do something, it's your choice to do so or not. It doesn't make them elitist or whatever, some people take lead, doesn't mean anyone has obligation. Everyone should activate their common sense, and think how things will work better.
    It will be great though, if people take the minimal time to consider any suggestion that they practically able to do, if it has merit or not.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Devs, Tom, your scaling is flawed, and many players hated and seem that devs isnt listen to players.
    rebalancing doesnt match ALL that CTA events, you broke all of them! it make players so upset.
    Now I'm really looking forward to Garrundar when it rolls for console later this week.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    b100d31f said:

I had a healer once, way way way back in the day. But then I took a dev arrow to the knee.

What's the matter? Did someone take your sweet roll?
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I think it's weird that players get scaled down in a DnD based game. Even a lousy DM knows to scale the content to the pcs, not the pcs to the content. But it doesn't bother me in this game. I'd rather struggle a little than breeze through something. I actually died a few times during the last cta which was a nice change of pace. But I did feel bad for some of the lower level characters that were getting curb-stomped whenever they tried to pitch in - but maybe that's nothing new.

This is an MMO that says it's DnD, not a REAL DnD computer game. DnD NEVER had PvP, this does (and occasionally it works). The only basis for it being called DnD is 'it only looks like' DnD.

Oh, and they are now using 5e names for classes, rather than the 4e names they started with. The attitude is "I'm a 4k IL level 80 and I should be able to do anything and if I die it's somebody else's fault for not protecting me." DnD s Personal Responsibility, picking up the other guy when they're down and telling everyone else what THEY ARE DOING, not telling everyone else what they should be doing. Will it happen, probably not.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    D&D has had PvP. It requires 2 GMs running a concurrent adventure with each party as the focus. If the parties happen to meet up, PvP happens.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    regenerde said:

- even when i was clearly outside of the "red", Trappers would still manage to pull me towards them with their nets or hooks, so getting yanked right back into something red and dying happened more then ones

This was the most frustrating for me during that CTA farm for tokens. I'm sprinting out of the red way before the attack is launched, so when the net is out i'm far from the red zone, there's even a big "immune" wrote above my toon, but I'm still catapulted toward the ennemy Trapper. Only battlerage was able to block that, as it should. So frustrating.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Trappers were like that in Beta. The AoE is more like a cone but it displays as a line. Thought that had been fixed long ago, but it seems to have returned.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    been telling devs for months ago, seem they ignore and went ahead when players said no no, mobs' casting need cooldown, seem devs are punishing players more then their own creatations.
    there is lot of fast 'chain-casting' mobs and no cooldowns.

what i see in here, all of those CTA are just more frustrations than having fun. Tom Floss's scaling fix is flawed. that my honest feedback and real critic. players in this game community are more variety and not on same page, each one prefer different play style. Force on us, it make some folks upset. was devs make a niche target players they wants? drive others away? the answer is, they cant pleases all of them.
    some want hardcore, some want easy runs, some like to have puzzles get solved, some like to skill-check, some like to stand and fight.
    problem is, they keep running avoiding red effect but not able to stop and make the hit on mobs, that doesnt equate "Challenges", just increased frustration levels to the point to get rage-quits or starting to blame other players and kicking out.
    put dang COOLDOWN on mobs ASAP! put end of non-stop fast chain-castings so the players are finally able to make melee hits. spell-casting players has no problem, just melee players are getting angry since shield up doesnt work and in-combat heals are too weak.
    we have other players doing PVP complaining, devs still doing wrong. i might as well toss my shield away and do 2 weapons skill fighter as weaponmaster. shields are meant to draw more hates and taunting amplifier and use as weapon for bashing damages.
    when shield up, it was suppose to resist those net-pulling mobs, there is too many in different directions and different angles, get toss like volleyball. that is dev's under-handed tactic. with tank get disabled in midfight, and rest of group melted by wipes.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

'Elistism' in its any context or connotation has nothing to do with what described.

Red -> Move.

Oh, so you assume that I wasn't? Dodging out of an AoE and still getting hit for 75% of your HP when you've got a Negation Rank 12 and a Defense and Deflect over 70k says something more than your "Get gud" comment.
    micky1p00 said:

Either your stats are wrong, or:

Red -> Move.
    There is no unavoidable damage there, if you dodge, you don't get hit.

Once again, thanks for the "Get gud" comment. You just assumed that my "stats are wrong" or that "I'm not dodging." Mobs can break ANY player attack. We don't get the same luxury. People above have also stated that even WITH dodging they're still getting hit with AoEs.

A good example is Duellist's Flurry. Even when you're in your 3 second spin, you're supposed to be immune while in flurry, but that's not always the case. In addition, while in flurry, you cannot move or do anything until it finishes. So, if I'm in flurry, a Red AoE pops up and I dodge, I shouldn't get hit if I'm out of the AoE.
    micky1p00 said:

I don't follow, one time you say you never do dungeons, the other you say you constantly doing group content.. Am I missing a type of group content...

You run group content with your family and guild and get kicked? wow.. You play with whom you choose to play. I play the game for many years now, from the start, and no kicks, I don't get kicked, nor I kick anyone, and so as countless people I know, spanning multiple guilds how is that possible?!

I think can see the issue.

I'll note your sarcasm and disregard it. I don't run dungeons, except with my family, 'cos of people telling me how to play the game. It's fairly clear I was referring to a PUG group, but I'll let it slide, so you can get your pound of flesh at my expense. I used to PUG quite a bit, until I got tired of people telling me to "run around in circles", "switch to smoke bomb", "use Knight's Valor so I don't take any damage", "Slot Into the Fray so I can move faster." Telling someone you don't know, nor do you play with "Go heals and help your party" is A LOT different than "Hey, we're getting creamed. Do you have a Heal Build you can switch to?"

But I'm the one who has problem with "Social Skills."
    micky1p00 said:

And here it is, the issue is not gameplay, no, you don't have to swap anything, or do anything someone tells you. But by the angry style you write and that opening, seems to me it's a social skills issue. No communication effort, no teamwork. Ofc maybe I'm wrong, anyone can have a bad day, or two, or a month I guess....

But this is why I usually won't pug. A single obvious change of a single skill or tactics can change from complete waste of time and effort, to a success, but ofcourse there are the "How dare anyone to suggest me anything"
    People who don't give a HAMSTER about the party.

And again, elitism rears it's head. You assumed that I wasn't helping the party. I was concentrating on mobs, as the other team members were being swarmed by mobs and couldn't handle the rush. In fact, I *DIED* trying to revive someone, which was when our "Party Leader" decided he was going to tell me to change to a build I don't even have, 'cos he just ASSUMED that I had a healer build. I mean, everyone plays the same, right?

We would have finished the skirmish, no problem. We weren't doing THAT bad. Clearly this guy wanted in and out as quickly as possible, it wasn't going the way HE wanted, so he decided to tell me how to play the game, as though my changing builds would have somehow instantly finished the skirmish for all of us and he could have moved on to his next toon or whatever he wanted to do.

God forbid a run take a few minutes longer.....
    micky1p00 said:

Things go both ways, people can't demand, but they can ask for something that will help in their opinion for a success. Their opinion can be shared or not, argued, disagreed, and so on, yet it can also be valid (not specific to the OP described case).
    On the other side, if people will think a bit about the group and not only themselves and will be willing to compromise, life would have been better.

Usually that doesn't happen, I loved it when in MFP a bunch of under-geared tanks and DCs ran to wet-noodle the mobs, leaving a practically BiS TR to knock on doors and wake guards..
    How I should call them? Elitists?

Merriam-Webster defines the word, "demand" as follows:

a : an act of demanding or asking especially with authority a demand for obedience
    b : something claimed as due or owed

Merriam-Webster also defines the word, "command", as follows:

Definition of command

(Entry 1 of 3)

transitive verb
    1 : to direct authoritatively : order commanded adherence to the rules
    2 : to exercise a dominating influence over : have command of: such as
    a : to have at one's immediate disposal commands many resources
    b : to demand or receive as one's due commands a high fee
    c : to overlook or dominate from or as if from a strategic position a hill that commands the city
    d : to have military command of as senior officer command a regiment
    3 obsolete : to order or request to be given

Now, clearly I'm not as "smart" as you, Mickey, but it seems to me that "Go heals and help your party" falls under the pervue of a demand or a command of someone and *NOT* a request.

micky1p00 said:

It's always the people who say "Can we do something to get it done? How can we improve? Any ideas" That get it done at the end, but they are rare. It's the "Elistis" - "How dare you to tell me how to play" crowd that gets a party stuck, because they ofc know better, and will never accept any ideas, or suggestions.

"Can we do something to get it done? How can we improve? Any ideas" != (that's C code for "does not equal") "Go heals and help your party."

Again, we were in no danger of failing the Skirmish. It would have just taken a bit longer.
    micky1p00 said:

Anyway, someone saying something that someone else doesn't agree with, shouldn't bring entire angry posts, and ptsd about kicks. You think you know better, ok, not every request has merit. Someone asked to do something, it's your choice to do so or not. It doesn't make them elitist or whatever, some people take lead, doesn't mean anyone has obligation. Everyone should activate their common sense, and think how things will work better.
    It will be great though, if people take the minimal time to consider any suggestion that they practically able to do, if it has merit or not.

No, Micky, let's get a couple of things clear:

1. I was not ASKED to do anything. I was told to. It was demanded. It was a command. You can sugarcoat it all you like, to justify your diatribe, but if that was this guy's way of ASKING for help, then I'm not the one who has issues with "social skills."

2. Saying "Red -> Move. " is no better than saying "Get gud." In fact, that in itself, is a sign of elitism. Anyone who plays this game knows that if you're in the Red, you move. Your response is "The scaling is fine, you just don't know how to play."

3. Making a snarky statement about having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to being kicked from a party in a video game, is appalling and offensive. PTSD is a legitimate illness that Veterans, like myself and others, experience through combat actions. In addition, civilians experience it from mental, physical and psychological abuse. To use it to take a stab at someone, over a forum post is rather sad. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Oh, so you assume that I wasn't? Dodging out of an AoE and still getting hit for 75% of your HP when you've got a Negation Rank 12 and a Defense and Deflect over 70k says something more than your "Get gud" comment.

Not sure what happened to your TR. My 20K TR had direct hit (intentionally not dodging) in AOE of that CTA and did not get more than 30% of my HP. If I dodged, the red "dodged" came out and I did not get hit. Not sure if Negation r12 gives you anything extra when you already have Defense and Deflect over 70K. I went in solo so that nobody would talk to me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Not sure what happened to your TR. My TR had direct hit (intentionally not dodging) in AOE of that CTA and did not get more than 30% of my HP. If I dodged, the red "dodged" came out and I did not get hit. Not sure if Negation r12 gives you anything extra when you already have Defense and Deflect over 70K. I went in solo so that nobody would talk to me.

I had the EXACT, same reaction. I tried solo first and realized with the new scaling I would have to PUG. When Gaurrundar came up, I went for him, was in my flurry, when I saw the AoE pop. I dodged as soon as I finished the flurry and got popped for 75% HP. I wasn't in the AoE, but still got hit.

I started as soon as the event started. That might have been why. I noticed the next day that the skirmish got WAY easier. Since it's known that the game patches on the fly and I'm 99% certain they're just using XML sheets for scaling, I wouldn't be surprised if it was patched on the fly. They could update XML files to the server instantly with no downtime and no one would be the wiser.

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    greywynd said:

D&D has had PvP. It requires 2 GMs running a concurrent adventure with each party as the focus. If the parties happen to meet up, PvP happens.

I used to run P&P games where PVP happened with some regularity.

My lot quite enjoyed the odd "Demonic possession" or ""Mind Flayer" control and get a chance to kick their friends asses for ten minutes.

The all time great was one campaign where for about 4 months 4 of the players had no idea that the "Paladin" was really working for the bad guys.
    We worked really hard to keep it secret without having to cheat and fudge stuff, how he was sending messages to the bad guys and so on.
    He nearly gave the game away on one occasion by chuckling when one of the players got pissed at the bad guys always seeming to know what the party were planning and accused me of creating the world's first "Psychic" Orcs...

He knew everything about the strengths and weaknesses of the party, and when it came to the final battle and they realised he was "The Boss" the looks on their faces went from shock to amazement to pure fear...
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    @methuselas u know that while in flurry combo, even the last part of the combo, u can break it with a dodge roll at any time and its instant, u dont need to wait for it to finish.

Maybe the "get gud" or the "u dont know how to play" wasnt the best way to say it, but it seems thats what u need to do.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2019

How old are you? because you don't look that old or you are just way, way to sensitive ... yes no one can tell you how to play, but its a game... either ignore him, report spam or tell him to lvl a healer, there is no need to be so angry, HAMSTER if i worried about what people say in the internet i would be HAMSTER in real life.

And why are you blaming end game players for the same mistakes devs keep doing, scalling sucks! , that has nothing to do with with the players.

and btw for you to die that fast you need to stand over the red or the poison , and if you did that, well next time learn how to press shift
    edited August 2019
    Lets get this party started.

Negation is useless on non tanks.

I actually did the CTA too, and you know what happened there, I didn't leave red in time, got hurt, left red, didn't.
    The nets that catch outside of the red, while extremely annoying, and can cause issues, do not deal damage on their own.

Once again, thanks for the "Get gud" comment. You just assumed that my "stats are wrong" or that "I'm not dodging." Mobs can break ANY player attack. We don't get the same luxury. People above have also stated that even WITH dodging they're still getting hit with AoEs.

A good example is Duellist's Flurry. Even when you're in your 3 second spin, you're supposed to be immune while in flurry, but that's not always the case. In addition, while in flurry, you cannot move or do anything until it finishes. So, if I'm in flurry, a Red AoE pops up and I dodge, I shouldn't get hit if I'm out of the AoE.

You are welcome, and a good example where you should listen to other people instead of assuming "I know it all, how dare anyone tell me otherwise"

Duelist Flurry can be broken with dodge since mod 5. You are also not damage immune, the skill assures CC immunity, though once long ago, it did also semi usually nullified damage.

If you are anywhere, and an AoE pops, your location and immunity frames will be calculated on your finishing point and not starting. So until the roll is complete you are considered at the starting location without immunity frames.
    You need to dodge early enough, can be in place to trigger immunity frames, before the damage procs, or you will die.

You are welcome.

I'll note your sarcasm and disregard it. I don't run dungeons, except with my family, 'cos of people telling me how to play the game. It's fairly clear I was referring to a PUG group, but I'll let it slide, so you can get your pound of flesh at my expense. I used to PUG quite a bit, until I got tired of people telling me to "run around in circles", "switch to smoke bomb", "use Knight's Valor so I don't take any damage", "Slot Into the Fray so I can move faster." Telling someone you don't know, nor do you play with "Go heals and help your party" is A LOT different than "Hey, we're getting creamed. Do you have a Heal Build you can switch to?"

Yes, indeed different, I was more addressing the general case and spirit.

But I'm the one who has problem with "Social Skills."

Indeed you do. Look at your posts, look at what happens when you play. You do not get along with people, and you fight every inch. No compromise.
    You came here to shout, scream and pour your grievances, nothing else. (which I admit a valid usage of the forums, but you shouldn't get to this stage that it affects you so much)

Normally people establish more social connections, people to run with, with similar priorities and social norms (like not kicking their friends).
    You seem to not do so. I would say it does fall into a term called "Soft Skills" or indeed "Social Skills"

And again, elitism rears it's head. You assumed that I wasn't helping the party. I was concentrating on mobs, as the other team members were being swarmed by mobs and couldn't handle the rush. In fact, I *DIED* trying to revive someone, which was when our "Party Leader" decided he was going to tell me to change to a build I don't even have, 'cos he just ASSUMED that I had a healer build. I mean, everyone plays the same, right?

I pretty confident that you do not understand what elitism means. We can disagree on whatever topic, we can argue, we can many things, nothing of this is elitism.
    Or by making some assumptions a person considered elitist? Because I'm sure you made many about everyone, from the topic here to the parties you were into.

But back to the topic, two things, one I would never revive someone in a CTA, they can release and come back with full health. It will be more efficient if people learn that and stop pinging for "help" and other people learn to ignore. This is not real life with a wounded person lying besides the road.
    So here is something, sorry for knowing something, I guess I'll demand my Elitist badge now.

Second thing, as I've wrote, there are always things that people can do easily, and things that are not, things that are better and things that some consider better and we can disagree.
    For some swapping load-outs is something they do left and right, solo to group play, for them it's a given thing that people have various loadouts for all combinations.
    If someone assumed that, and you don't have one or do not want to change to one.. so what.. Normal people communicate, 1 asks, the other agree / disagree and life goes on. And before you jump on me personally, I don't ask people to swap loadouts, unless I know what they have and if they want to.

In any case, this is not the real issue, they could have asked you to move to the left to give CA, the result would have been, probably, the same.

"How dare they tell me what to do" "Who are they to talk to me"

I will address the "tell" vs "ask", and yes, telling someone what to do is not the right approach unless, IMO, asking for several times should always come before escalating, but there are times when, "Stop repealing the mobs all over" is very justified.

We would have finished the skirmish, no problem. We weren't doing THAT bad. Clearly this guy wanted in and out as quickly as possible, it wasn't going the way HE wanted, so he decided to tell me how to play the game, as though my changing builds would have somehow instantly finished the skirmish for all of us and he could have moved on to his next toon or whatever he wanted to do.

God forbid a run take a few minutes longer.....

Actually IMO, they where wrong, ofc, I wasn't there, and we know only your side here, as you describe it, but so far, if you indeed swapped, it would have taken much longer. Especially with how the healing scaled.

Merriam-Webster defines the word, "demand" as follows: ... snip....

Mickey, but it seems to me that "Go heals and help your party" falls under the pervue of a demand or a command of someone and *NOT* a request.

Very true. Except two things, first, I don't know what they saw, maybe they saw you standing for some reason, and your damage at the time was low. My guess that someone after pugging multiple runs and meeting leachers and freeloaders, seeing someone standing wouldn't ask, they will be exasperated enough to demand.
    My guess is that you will be one of the first people to do so, by the attitude in your posts.

Second thing, is that this is an international server, there are culture differences and nuances, in some there is a very strong emphasis on the polite "May you please, if it doesn't inconvenience you, whenever you can, bring me a glass of water"
    In others a more direct approach is much more common "I'm dying here, waaater!".

Now, clearly I'm not as "smart" as you,

See, we just talked earlier about "soft skills". Thanks for proving my point.

"Can we do something to get it done? How can we improve? Any ideas" != (that's C code for "does not equal") "Go heals and help your party."

Again, we were in no danger of failing the Skirmish. It would have just taken a bit longer.

Again, the issue here is not what they asked, but how they asked it. Or in your or anyone perception demanded (and no there is no argument that this is a demand structure).

If that's the only grievance, I agree, but somehow I feel from your descriptions, and anger, that you do not respond to requests either, because they are Elitists and how dare someone suggest something. I will be happy to be wrong on this.
    micky1p00 said:

No, Micky, let's get a couple of things clear:

1. I was not ASKED to do anything. I was told to. It was demanded. It was a command. You can sugarcoat it all you like, to justify your diatribe, but if that was this guy's way of ASKING for help, then I'm not the one who has issues with "social skills."

Indeed, their social skills are bad. Doesn't makes your reaction or social skills much better.
    Different issues, but issues non the less. BTW, I do not pretend to be personally much better, I would have stopped and told them on the spot everything I think, but on the other hand I clearly understand that "I must reply, someone is wrong on the internet" is a form of social skills issue.. There is a norm of "let things go".
    micky1p00 said:

2. Saying "Red -> Move. " is no better than saying "Get gud." In fact, that in itself, is a sign of elitism. Anyone who plays this game knows that if you're in the Red, you move. Your response is "The scaling is fine, you just don't know how to play."

No my response is not scaling is fine, my response is indeed that the reaction time on the red zones is ok, and there are no un-dodgbale one-shots.

If you read carefully what I've explained about the dodging mechanics you will understand that moving from a red zone, when it takes less time to move than the dodge roll animation is safer.
    Your example of dualist flurry shows also incorrect understanding of how it works.

So yes, I would say you have a lot of room where to improve. But the fact that you can't accept this, is exactly the Elitism "I know better than everyone, if something wrong it must be the game, or everyone else"

I consider myself average, I play for a long time, and too much time, I understand much of it, but my reaction time is on the slow side of things, a reason why I no longer play other games like SC2. Many people I know are better players than me.
    So am calling everyone and anyone elitsits? Some indeed are, most people are not. Am I afraid of being kicked or feedback, also no. And yes, not demands, feedback, not referring to this case specifically, but the general attitude I assume.
    micky1p00 said:

3. Making a snarky statement about having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to being kicked from a party in a video game, is appalling and offensive. PTSD is a legitimate illness that Veterans, like myself and others, experience through combat actions. In addition, civilians experience it from mental, physical and psychological abuse. To use it to take a stab at someone, over a forum post is rather sad. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It is a snarky comment, an exaggeration. But like I've wrote about social skills, I should have known that by the way you take things personally and in exaggeration this will also be an issue, while it is obvious that it is a snarky comment about your exaggerated response to game related events, akin to a psychological trauma, and obviously not an attempted insult to people with PTSD. Which btw, I don't think there is any shame in having.

I believe that most of your issues and stress will be reduced if you consider the spectrum of intentions behind people comments, and not jump to one narrow interpretation. But I will clarify, that in that snarky comment I had no intention whatsoever to insult or have any negative context of people with actual PTSD, just an exaggerated example of strong reaction to a trauma.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    While I appreciate the time @micky1p00 took to write those responses I fear all the OP will see is "they're attacking me again with their stupid requests that I use valid powers that work and help a team instead of running the way i want to because i'm the most important person in the whole entire world and how dare anyone tell me what to do rage rage rage anger anger anger".

Its. Just. A. Game.

You don't have to listen to people's demands in chat. Or respond. Or rage on forums about it.
    edited August 2019
    Micky,

Let me apologize for inferring that you were an "Elitist." In actuality, I was wrong. You're not an Elitist. You are in fact, what's known as an NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Any 1st year Psychology major can see it from any of your forum posts. Most NPDs show some or all of the following traits:

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
    Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
    Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
    Need for continual admiration from others
    Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
    Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
    Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
    Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
    Constantly demeans, bullies and belittles others

From what I've seen in ALL of your posts that I've read, it's always the same thing: RTFM, get a guide, your stats are wrong, you don't know how to dodge, you're using the wrong gear, you have the wrong enchants. You do EVERYTHING short of saying, "Get Gud" or "Learn to play." It makes sense too. Clearly, you've read all the manuals, you've written ALL the guides, your stats are maxed out and perfect, you do everything right, you have all the BiS Gear, your enchants are all maxed, et cetera.

The problem with you, is the simple fact that if you give ANY any advice (but lets be honest, you're only capable of criticism), it's hardly constructive and if it is, it's always back-handed. All of your comments reek of an air of superiority and you just expect everyone to agree with you, regardless of whom is right or wrong. If they refuse to give you the admiration you expect, you'll belittle them in comment or demean them.

It doesn't matter what anyone says or does, if it doesn't agree with your opinion, you cannot empathize. You already know how to play every class, every race, every action perfectly, so when you lower yourself to offer anyone any sort of advice and they so much as disagree or (God forbid) contest it, your superiority complex comes out in spades. At that point, the gloves are off, and you're going to put that person in their place, 'cos you know what's best, you know all the rules, you know everything and you'll be damned if anyone is going to tell you otherwise.

But you'll be sure to stroke your own ego, by letting them know how "inflexible" they are or how they have no "social skills" or you make some asinine comment like "Do you expect to take a toon in TOMM, naked and not die? (sic)" as that in some way justifies your belittling anyone or in some way allows you to bully others at their expense.

Here's a list of some of your "constructive" criticisms in this thread alone:

Either your stats are wrong or:
    Red -> Move.

You play with whom you choose to play.

You are welcome, and a good example where you should listen to other people instead of assuming "I know it all, how dare anyone tell me otherwise"

You do not get along with people, and you fight every inch. No compromise.

Normally people establish more social connections, people to run with, with similar priorities and social norms (like not kicking their friends).

I pretty confident that you do not understand what elitism means. We can disagree on whatever topic, we can argue, we can many things, nothing of this is elitism.

But back to the topic, two things, one I would never revive someone in a CTA, they can release and come back with full health. It will be more efficient if people learn that and stop pinging for "help" and other people learn to ignore.

In any case, this is not the real issue, they could have asked you to move to the left to give CA, the result would have been, probably, the same.

Very true. Except two things, first, I don't know what they saw, maybe they saw you standing for some reason, and your damage at the time was low. My guess that someone after pugging multiple runs and meeting leachers and freeloaders, seeing someone standing wouldn't ask, they will be exasperated enough to demand.
    My guess is that you will be one of the first people to do so, by the attitude in your posts.

Second thing, is that this is an international server, there are culture differences and nuances, in some there is a very strong emphasis on the polite "May you please, if it doesn't inconvenience you, whenever you can, bring me a glass of water"
    In others a more direct approach is much more common "I'm dying here, waaater!".

but on the other hand I clearly understand that "I must reply, someone is wrong on the internet" is a form of social skills issue.. There is a norm of "let things go".

So yes, I would say you have a lot of room where to improve. But the fact that you can't accept this, is exactly the Elitism "I know better than everyone, if something wrong it must be the game, or everyone else"

So am calling everyone and anyone elitsits? Some indeed are, most people are not. Am I afraid of being kicked or feedback, also no. And yes, not demands, feedback, not referring to this case specifically, but the general attitude I assume.

It is a snarky comment, an exaggeration. But like I've wrote about social skills, I should have known that by the way you take things personally and in exaggeration this will also be an issue, while it is obvious that it is a snarky comment about your exaggerated response to game related events, akin to a psychological trauma, and obviously not an attempted insult to people with PTSD. Which btw, I don't think there is any shame in having.

But I will clarify, that in that snarky comment I had no intention whatsoever to insult or have any negative context of people with actual PTSD, just an exaggerated example of strong reaction to a trauma.

I'm not going to bother to even engage in any of these, save the last one.

Even your apologies are back-handed. You made a rude and insensitive comment about my having PTSD due to being kicked (and once again, I will reiterate that one of the symptoms of NDP is a lack of empathy.) I found this wholly offensive, as I have PTSD from combat and called you out. Now anyone with any sort of ounce of character, would have said something to the effect of "Oh wow. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. You have my sincerest apologies that it offended you." But, that's not you....

YOUR idea of an "apology" is verbatim in toto:

"But I will clarify, that in that snarky comment I had no intention whatsoever to insult or have any negative context of people with actual PTSD, just an exaggerated example of strong reaction to a trauma. "

That's not an apology. Psychologists refer to that as "deflection" (you should know that word since you're the ubermensch of Neverwinter, if one goes off your forum posts.) See, the key words here are "I'm sorry." The words you couldn't put in a post. If you did, that would mean, in some way, you did something wrong. You don't do anything wrong. You always have the answer. That's why you're always finger pointing at people. The thing about finger pointing is the fact that you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

The fact of the matter is, you had EVERY intention of insulting me by saying I have PTSD over something as trivial as being kicked from a group. Clearly you have no filter on what you say to people, as their opinions do not matter to you, which is again another sign of NPD.

I don't have anything else to say to you and I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. We'll see if your NPD flies off the handle and you have to get the last word in, 'cos quite frankly, you have no need to. There's nothing more to say on this subject. You say I have no social skills and I say you lack them as well, including having no moral compass.

I just hope that other people reading this will take your "constructive-criticisms" with a grain of salt from this point forward.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I honestly see a lot of this thread as a MD. talking/teaching to a Med student or any other similarly expert/student relationship in the same field, especially when the student thinks they might know anything that the expert doesn't already know and tries to flip the roles. The typical response is to put the student in their place so to speak.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Wish this thread would just be closed, it's creating far too much negativity.

Wish this thread would just be closed, it's creating far too much negativity.

I agree. I will be the first to admit that I was heated when I first posted and then when I had someone come along and tell me how to play again, but I should have just kept it to myself.
    edited August 2019

Let me apologize for inferring that you were an "Elitist." In actuality, I was wrong. You're not an Elitist. You are in fact, what's known as an NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Any 1st year Psychology major can see it from any of your forum posts. Most NPDs show some or all of the following traits:

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

Not only expectation, I demand the proper treatment to my stature.

Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

You should also see my fashion sense.

Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

It's not self perception, the high-status voices in my head tell me that I'm unique and superior all the time.
    Mom also always told me I'm unique!

Need for continual admiration from others

Don't forget to click that like, subscribe, and follow on twitter, Instagram, Facebook...

Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
    Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
    Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

Other people? What is that?

Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Damn, I knew you were envious of my superior fashion sense.

Constantly demeans, bullies and belittles others

I do sleep sometime, but I'll work on that.

From what I've seen in ALL of your posts that I've read, it's always the same thing: RTFM, get a guide, your stats are wrong, you don't know how to dodge, you're using the wrong gear, you have the wrong enchants.

And you know how much people pay for curses, education, books, and person tutors. I should charge you by the hour for all the information I've provided.

You do EVERYTHING short of saying, "Get Gud" or "Learn to play." It makes sense too.

That is actually the difference between constructive criticism and not constructive one.

Clearly, you've read all the manuals, you've written ALL the guides, your stats are maxed out and perfect, you do everything right, you have all the BiS Gear, your enchants are all maxed, et cetera.

Not ALL. There are things beyond hope. But sure feels like I wrote a personalized guide for your improvement, if only you will follow it now.

The problem with you, is the simple fact that if you give ANY any advice (but lets be honest, you're only capable of criticism), it's hardly constructive and if it is, it's always back-handed.

Neh, I just don't like specific tone of posts, and false claims, of which both we have a lot recently.

All of your comments reek of an air of superiority and you just expect everyone to agree with you, regardless of whom is right or wrong.
    If they refuse to give you the admiration you expect, you'll belittle them in comment or demean them.

Or maybe you are wrong, I'm right, and I surely can't belittle you anymore than you do to yourself by these posts.

It doesn't matter what anyone says or does, if it doesn't agree with your opinion, you cannot empathize. You already know how to play every class, every race, every action perfectly, so when you lower yourself to offer anyone any sort of advice and they so much as disagree or (God forbid) contest it, your superiority complex comes out in spades. At that point, the gloves are off, and you're going to put that person in their place, 'cos you know what's best, you know all the rules, you know everything and you'll be damned if anyone is going to tell you otherwise.

Wait, so if we take for example someone who opens a discussion about their interaction in the game, and people respond by something they don't like, but on topic which is the persons behavior, they react with personal attack instead of arguing the point. Isn't that what you are doing?

BTW, no idea how to play most of the classes, I just mash buttons, but still somehow it works. If I follow the basic principle of "Red -> Move"

But you'll be sure to stroke your own ego, by letting them know how "inflexible" they are or how they have no "social skills" or you make some asinine comment like "Do you expect to take a toon in TOMM, naked and not die? (sic)" as that in some way justifies your belittling anyone or in some way allows you to bully others at their expense.

Actually the quote is a bit different, and notice that the person in discussion (shitinthebox) wasn't offended, the point was clear, and we could discuss it if he agrees or if not.

Here's a list of some of your "constructive" criticisms in this thread alone:

Either your stats are wrong or:
    Red -> Move.

You play with whom you choose to play.

You do not get along with people, and you fight every inch. No compromise.

But back to the topic, two things, one I would never revive someone in a CTA, they can release and come back with full health. It will be more efficient if people learn that and stop pinging for "help" and other people learn to ignore.

but on the other hand I clearly understand that "I must reply, someone is wrong on the internet" is a form of social skills issue.. There is a norm of "let things go".

But I will clarify, that in that snarky comment I had no intention whatsoever to insult or have any negative context of people with actual PTSD, just an exaggerated example of strong reaction to a trauma.

Actually yes, it is very constructive. This is the core issue in your interaction, you perceive everything that doesn't agree with you as some insult...

I'm not going to bother to even engage in any of these, save the last one.

Even your apologies are back-handed. You made a rude and insensitive comment about my having PTSD due to being kicked (and once again, I will reiterate that one of the symptoms of NDP is a lack of empathy.) I found this wholly offensive, as I have PTSD from combat and called you out. Now anyone with any sort of ounce of character, would have said something to the effect of "Oh wow. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. You have my sincerest apologies that it offended you."

YOUR idea of an "apology" is verbatim in toto:

"But I will clarify, that in that snarky comment I had no intention whatsoever to insult or have any negative context of people with actual PTSD, just an exaggerated example of strong reaction to a trauma. "

That's not an apology. Psychologists refer to that as "deflection" (you should know that word since you're the ubermensch of Neverwinter, if one goes off your forum posts.) See, the key words here are "I'm sorry." The words you couldn't put in a post. If you did, that would mean, in some way, you did something wrong. You don't do anything wrong. You always have the answer. That's why you're always finger pointing at people. The thing about finger pointing is the fact that you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

While I've apologized many times for many reasons (not in this case), this was not intended as an apology at all.
    I've clarified that there was 0 intent of insult to anyone who assumed such.

I don't have anything else to say to you and I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. We'll see if your NPD flies off the handle and you have to get the last word in, 'cos quite frankly, you have no need to. There's nothing more to say on this subject. You say I have no social skills and I say you lack them as well, including having no moral compass.

I just hope that other people reading this will take your "constructive-criticisms" with a grain of salt from this point forward.

This is not how the internet works.
    I've warned from the start that I have principals:

This discussion has been closed.